RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

THE DUAL DISC....IS THIS NEW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 08/25/05 4:25 pm    ::: THE DUAL DISC....IS THIS NEW Reply Reply with quote

I just got the new Diana Krall CD, and it is what`s called a "dualdisc"

one side of the disc is a standard CD...when you turn over the disc and put it in your DVD drive in includes 3 music videos from the album....not bad for $5.99

is this dualdisc thing new? I don`t recall ever seeing it before

PostPosted: 08/25/05 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's something new just this last year or late 2004. I know there are a few groups out there with them. It's kinda cool.

Yeah my nerves are raw and your wearin' thin. You won't play me again. I'm not a freak show, eat crow kinda thing. I can suck you up, or spit you out, so take your best swing. I'm gonna jump right off of this sinking ship, are you feeling me yet?
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 08/25/05 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boldenfan wrote:
It's something new just this last year or late 2004. I know there are a few groups out there with them. It's kinda cool.

thanks...yeah it is kinda cool

PostPosted: 08/25/05 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My copy of Ben Folds's "Songs For Silverman" has this as well. Quite cool.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 08/25/05 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
My copy of Ben Folds's "Songs For Silverman" has this as well. Quite cool.

Blue Man Group had something similar to this, but I don't think it was dual sided, but it did have videos on the disk.

boldenfan

PostPosted: 08/25/05 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some dual discs available:

Blues Traveler-Truth Be Told, Five for Fighting-The Battle for Everything'
Grateful Dead-American Beauty, Incubus-A Crow Left of the Murder, Living Colour-Collideoscope, Nine Inch Nails-The Downward Spiral,

here's a website http://www.dualdisc.com/press.html
I knew they were new.

Yeah my nerves are raw and your wearin' thin. You won't play me again. I'm not a freak show, eat crow kinda thing. I can suck you up, or spit you out, so take your best swing. I'm gonna jump right off of this sinking ship, are you feeling me yet?
peaceplease

PostPosted: 09/01/05 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just got the new Eric Clapton CD and it is a dual disc also. The DVD side is the full album in surround sound, an interview and 5 performances from the cd. If you like Clapton, you know his music the past few years has been pretty sad. I assume as a result of his sons death. This album, he finally sounds happy. It is worth a listen.
I (HEART) ERIC. Very Happy

PEACE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: