RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA CVS Pharmacy Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 10/15/10 7:19 pm    ::: LPGA CVS Pharmacy Classic Reply Reply with quote

Golf is not for the weak hearted, i9t will chew you up and spit you out.

Bam Bam yesterday shot 61, -11, lead by 4 shots. It destroyed the course record, her career record, and ranked T2nd all time with respect to par to Annika's 59, -12.

Today she boied 2 of the first 4, made 3 birdies to right the ship, then dropped 5 more shots, and now she is just trying to get off the course with her sanity Laughing Laughing Laughing

Other: There is a big story out there, a transgendered woman has sued the LPGA in a CA court claiming the LPGA rule requiring members to have been born women is discriminatory.

My gut feeling is this is just a money grab, because I don't see that this woman has any credentials. But there is just not enough info out there yet to comment. I have way more questions than answers.

I think there are two basic questions to answer in this case. Is the LPGA rule fair? Second, her specific case, does this woman have any standing? What are her amateur titles as a woman? How did she play as a man? Did she petition the LPGA for a rule waiver? Would she qualify abilty-wise to gain a spot to qualify on the LPGA or Futures tour, an LPGA subsidiary?

Too many questions for me at this point.

PostPosted: 10/16/10 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CVS in the process of being sued also.... they were going to let a woman having an asthma attack die on the store floor because she was missing 1.25 to buy her inhaler. They had called someone to bring the other part of the money there but they still would not give it to her. The guy with her had to call 911 because the staff would not because she doesnt have insurance. That is the gist of the story and so wrong......

PostPosted: 10/16/10 8:34 am    ::: Re: LPGA CVS Pharmacy Classic Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:

get real.... anything you can do while eating a hot dog is not a sport... it's a pastime.... as a comedian said... "if it wasn't for the ball... it'd be walking"....

PostPosted: 10/16/10 11:41 am    ::: Re: LPGA CVS Pharmacy Classic Reply Reply with quote

jaye wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

get real.... anything you can do while eating a hot dog is not a sport... it's a pastime.... as a comedian said... "if it wasn't for the ball... it'd be walking"....

Have you ever heard me say golf was a sport? No! I don't see a ball around here anywhere, so keep walking Wink

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: