RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hey Admiral...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/07/05 1:56 pm    ::: Hey Admiral... Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen this much rain (last couple weeks) since I was a kid. I think it was 1976 the last time the ground was this saturated.
How is it in No Cal?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/07/05 4:25 pm    ::: Re: Hey Admiral... Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I haven't seen this much rain (last couple weeks) since I was a kid. I think it was 1976 the last time the ground was this saturated.
How is it in No Cal?

A picture is worth a thousand words...

I didn't know BMW made amphibious vehicles... I guess this guy decided not to get the optional oars and paddles Confused I'm doing OK, this kind of weather is why I got this SUV in the first place, lol. And they say you don't need them... Razz

And here are the 1000 words... Shocked

Quote:
The first of two storms slapped into Northern California this morning, combining forces with an unusually high tide to shove water over shorelines from Marin to Monterey and onto dozens of roads, snarling traffic as drivers skidded or slowed in the minor flooding.

The rain and tide were heaviest in the morning, peaking right on time to turn many commutes into knuckle-biting ordeals.

Parts of the Embarcadero were closed by flooding in San Francisco, and throughout Marin County roiling lakes of water covered roadways, highways, parking lots and parked cars.

By 10 a.m. southbound Highway 101 was a solid wall of bumper to bumper traffic from San Rafael to the Golden Gate Bridge. Floodwaters covered the roadway at Lucky Drive.

It was just as bad for parents driving their kids to school, especially in Mill Valley where high tide combined with steady rain to turn local roads into mini-ponds.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0083_f.html

In January of 1976 I wasn't born yet! Shocked

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 01/07/05 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/07/05 4:34 pm    ::: Re: Hey Admiral... Reply Reply with quote

People think, "What's the big deal, it's just rain..." but in California when it rains this much for this long, roads get washed out, mudslides take neighborhoods apart and so forth. We're really not equiped to deal with this much water.
I know Flagstaff, AZ has really had problems too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: