RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Houston @ Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cometsluv4play

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
I am going to say this right now. Michelle Snow is something else, but she is not a leader and her attitude is wearing thin. If she could be packaged to get one of those '06 lottery picks, I say BON VOYAGE Michelle. She records her fair share of points and boards, but she also gives them up on the other end.

i agree 100%

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chandi Jones: 17 pts. 5 reb. 6 assists 2-5 treys...a star is born! Wink

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
That's a lot of darkness for only one night. I'm going to bed now. I'm skeered!!!

You have a bed at work? Rolling Eyes Razz

I still think that SAC/LA game is a toss up... Confused

pilight

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
"Since the Katie Smith trade, Svetlana has really picked up her game."

Over the first six since the trade...

Hmm, ppg up 2.9, rebounds up 0.3

Of course her minutes are up 3.3 per game, FGA up 3.0 per game, FG% down from 38% to 36%.

Looks like the same old Svet to me.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Michelle told me that she prefers to play PF, but Tina has that position locked up Idea

Michelle is really talented, but she's not working with much between the ears. Poor thing.

dukemayo

The dot com scoreboard is incomplete (missing 4 pts.), but did HOU really not get a 3?

BCBG25

Admiral_Needa wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
That's a lot of darkness for only one night. I'm going to bed now. I'm skeered!!!

You have a bed at work? Rolling Eyes Razz

I still think that SAC/LA game is a toss up... Confused

I should have!
But I'm going home now...here's to the LA Darth Vaders. I actually want them to win, just to make things interesting.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Of course her minutes are up 3.3 per game, FGA up 3.0 per game, FG% down from 38% to 36%.

I'm pretty sure her TO's are down tho...which is big for her.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Chandi Jones: 17 pts. 5 reb. 6 assists 2-5 treys...a star is born! Wink

How about Ohlde? 16 pts, 6 rbs and 5 ast, 0 TOs, on a 7-12.... Shocked The 5 ast is the stat I like the most---There are so few good passing 4-5s, which is why I always liked Nicole more than Hayden.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

I'm pretty sure her TO's are down tho...which is big for her.

No doubt... Idea A quick calc has it before as 2.95 TO/game compared to 1.86 now.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Nicole Ohlde stepping up. Isn't that 16 second half points? (or close to it)

Katie Smith/Chandi Jones trade looks good for both teams though Minny will have the last laugh in the long run.

The Support Group thanks you for your support. Note that Keegan and pilight have now both endorsed the trade (for Minny).

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/16/05 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Michelle told me that she prefers to play PF, but Tina has that position locked up Idea

Michelle is really talented, but she's not working with much between the ears. Poor thing.

I'll avoid any emoticons representing laughter.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, is there anyone commenting on how well Harrower played! She played well and got the ball to the right people. Oh hang on, Minny won so we arn't giving any of the players crap!! Staley and Canty did nothing! I haven't read anything about them yet!! That was a great trade. Very Happy

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/16/05 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acw wrote:
Wow, is there anyone commenting on how well Harrower played! She played well and got the ball to the right people. Oh hang on, Minny won so we arn't giving any of the players crap!! Staley and Canty did nothing! I haven't read anything about them yet!! That was a great trade. Very Happy

Hey I don't know you and kind of don't really know what you're saying for sure, but Harrower having a good game, from my perspective as a Comets fan, is all about who we had on her. It looks like Van decided that Staley was his point guard tonight, she played 29 minutes to Canty's 16. Maybe Canty is still hurting. I don't know. But if she was able to play more minutes then she should have. She's young and a tough defender who's been great this season. Even on the radio you could hear that Harrower was using Staley.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm more throwing a reply out to Minny fans who always give crap to Harrower when Minny loose! Jones had a great game. I'm happy with the trade with Smith and Jones. As soon as you step onto the court you are 100% healthy!

MNfan22

PostPosted: 08/16/05 11:28 pm    ::: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

I'm one happy Lynx fan tonight.

Yes, Staley and Canty were on Harrower. Kristi was solid tonight. Mr. Green

People can keep on crappin on Svet if they want but she's still my girl.
Her D is improved & I think she is playing a little more under control lately plus she now has a buddy to run the floor with in Chandi. It's fun watching them run the floor. I'm lovin me some Chandi Jones. Katie who Razz

Arcain was on Jones most of the time. Svet was on Arcain most of the time. Lass & CJ made SS work for her shots but you can't stop the Diva.

TT & Tari not big factors that I recall. TT even missed 2 fts in a row. Haven't seen her do that before. Tamika Williams played huge tonight off the bench for Big V. Some big offensive boards. Good team D by the Lynx also and only 11 TOs, for the gm. NICE.

Proud of Ohlde for picking it up in the 2nd half. Taking it at Snow & Lyttle.
The ref tonight decided that it was ticktack night in the post. As usual missed calls on both ends.

Nice win by the young Lynx. Time to hit the road. Go get 'em Lynx !

Keegan

PostPosted: 08/16/05 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I don't think Phoenix will be losing to the Lord of Darkness and his fiends tonight and I think Sac can take care of the other incarnation of darkness.

All is right in the world Mr. Green

norag1

PostPosted: 08/17/05 12:27 am    ::: Re: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:

Her D is improved & I think she is playing a little more under control lately plus she now has a buddy to run the floor with in Chandi. It's fun watching them run the floor. I'm lovin me some Chandi Jones. Katie who Razz

Arcain was on Jones most of the time. Svet was on Arcain most of the time. Lass & CJ made SS work for her shots but you can't stop the Diva.

TT & Tari not big factors that I recall. TT even missed 2 fts in a row. Haven't seen her do that before. Tamika Williams played huge tonight off the bench for Big V. Some big offensive boards. Good team D by the Lynx also and only 11 TOs, for the gm. NICE.

The ref tonight decided that it was ticktack night in the post. As usual missed calls on both ends.

Katie has helped Shock win 4 in a row before tonight. And are now technically in the playoffs. Smith is in a better situation now. Stop dissing on Katie she does not deserve it. Katie goes in a slump and Lynx just dump her after all these years. Despicable to me.

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 08/17/05 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
LakotaStorm wrote:
WE Storm fans thank you Lynx! Very Happy

Good for them to get a win, too, so maybe they won't be quite so desperate for one on Thursday.....

They have to keep playing like they are desperate in order to keep the 2 spot. It's not over yet! Lynx got the firt two wins and I think this will end with a 2-2. I'm looking forward to seeing our Storm beat the Lynx tomorrow Very Happy

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 08/17/05 7:49 am    ::: Re: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

norag1 wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:

Katie has helped Shock win 4 in a row before tonight. And are now technically in the playoffs. Smith is in a better situation now. Stop dissing on Katie she does not deserve it. Katie goes in a slump and Lynx just dump her after all these years. Despicable to me.

I didn't hear MinnyMe, or anyone else, dumping on Katie: it's more that we now know the Lynx can win without her. We weren't winning much with her at the time the trade was made, and we were a .500-ish team even before her midseason slump.

The trade was good for both teams (at least this year; SFO may come to regret it in '07, I dunno).

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 08/17/05 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did not read any of the other post. I hope I am not repeating what someone else has said. I have not reached the point quite yet; but I'm about ready to concede that maybe Jammer was right. Maybe I was wrong mostly about the trade. The jury is still out. I guess I underestimated Tina's challenge to return to the lineup.

On a sidenote, I am a huge Swoopes fan. Ask anyone at thehrr.com. I feel she is playing better basketball than probably anyone in the league. (just my opinion) That said, she will not win the MVP now. Despite what Swoopes is doing her team just can't get over the hump.

I'll be at the big game Thursday. I was predicting that the Comets would go 4-2 over their last stretch of games. I thought they would beat Seattle and lose one to both LA and Phoenix. I never thought they would cough it up to the Lynx. I still see them in the playoffs but maybe now only as the fourth seed.

Good game for Chandi Jones and the Lynx. Too bad one of my favorite players got off against my favorite team.

gopher5

PostPosted: 08/17/05 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was a fun game (especially from a Lynx fan perspective). All of the Lynx who played contributed something and I was really impressed with the way they handled the run by the Comets.

Sheryl had some big shots even when being guarded closely and is terrific at drawing contact on her shot (although I did love the steal by Svet on her at the end of the game). IMO, she was the only one who really showed a true desire to win the game for the Comets. Michelle hit some nice shots, but it looked like she let the calls take her out of the game.

I have only seen the Comets play a couple of times this year on TV. I don't know if this is typical, but I noticed on a few plays where certain players seemed to only pass to certain players. Tari was the one I noticed specifically no one would pass to. It may have just been the flow of the game.

Great job by everyone on the Lynx.

SORF

PostPosted: 08/17/05 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MT, I agree with your assessment of Snow. It is a good thing my computer jammed up at a minute left in the game, because I have reached my limitations concerning Snow and I'm afraid I would have lost it on my posting.

Snow can't make split second decisions on the court. She may have an offensive game, but when it comes to defense, she is so-so. Sometimes her head is in the game, but other times I think she is out on the court making a shopping list in her mind for after the game. Shocked Swoopes is always after "Big Girl" to get her head in the game as well as keeping Snow's emotions in check. Swoopes shouldn't have to do it. I agree...let's trade her.

Evil or Very Mad

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 08/17/05 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SORF wrote:
MT, I agree with your assessment of Snow. It is a good thing my computer jammed up at a minute left in the game, because I have reached my limitations concerning Snow and I'm afraid I would have lost it on my posting.

Snow can't make split second decisions on the court. She may have an offensive game, but when it comes to defense, she is so-so. Sometimes her head is in the game, but other times I think she is out on the court making a shopping list in her mind for after the game. Shocked Swoopes is always after "Big Girl" to get her head in the game as well as keeping Snow's emotions in check. Swoopes shouldn't have to do it. I agree...let's trade her.

Evil or Very Mad

I have had the same thoughts about trading Snow...but for whom? Underachieving or not, she is still one of the quality centers in the league. I think with a different coach she might be "persuaded" to become the player that we all see that she can be. I think with someone like Snow, success breeds success...someone just has to find the way to unlock all that potential.

PostPosted: 08/17/05 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
SORF wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

I have had the same thoughts about trading Snow...but for whom? Underachieving or not, she is still one of the quality centers in the league. I think with a different coach she might be "persuaded" to become the player that we all see that she can be. I think with someone like Snow, success breeds success...someone just has to find the way to unlock all that potential.

Okay, you talked me into it....we'll give you Margo for her. We'll let Mike unlock that potential too! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: