RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Houston @ Minnesota
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/17/05 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeForge and Phoenix' first round pick for Snow.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/17/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

HEY!! First you let Maria go on me, then you try to hijack my trade with a real offer? What did I do to you?

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/17/05 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

You'd be better off keeping Currie...

norag1

PostPosted: 08/17/05 1:17 pm    ::: Re: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
norag1 wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
I'm one happy Lynx fan tonight.

Yes, Staley and Canty were on Harrower. Kristi was solid tonight. Mr. Green

People can keep on crappin on Svet if they want but she's still my girl.
Her D is improved & I think she is playing a little more under control lately plus she now has a buddy to run the floor with in Chandi. It's fun watching them run the floor. I'm lovin me some Chandi Jones. Katie who Razz

Arcain was on Jones most of the time. Svet was on Arcain most of the time. Lass & CJ made SS work for her shots but you can't stop the Diva.

TT & Tari not big factors that I recall. TT even missed 2 fts in a row. Haven't seen her do that before. Tamika Williams played huge tonight off the bench for Big V. Some big offensive boards. Good team D by the Lynx also and only 11 TO’s, for the gm. NICE.

Proud of Ohlde for picking it up in the 2nd half. Taking it at Snow & Lyttle.
The ref tonight decided that it was ticktack night in the post. As usual missed calls on both ends.

Nice win by the young Lynx. Time to hit the road. Go get 'em Lynx !

Katie has helped Shock win 4 in a row before tonight. And are now technically in the playoffs. Smith is in a better situation now. Stop dissing on Katie she does not deserve it. Katie goes in a slump and Lynx just dump her after all these years. Despicable to me.

I didn't hear MinnyMe, or anyone else, dumping on Katie: it's more that we now know the Lynx can win without her. We weren't winning much with her at the time the trade was made, and we were a .500-ish team even before her midseason slump.

The trade was good for both teams (at least this year; SFO may come to regret it in '07, I dunno).

Considering the fact that they are a .500 team now I am trying to figure out how they are any 'better' right now. Actually 14-16. How did this trade help us this year? Lynx are still below.500.

Last edited by norag1 on 08/17/05 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/17/05 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Currie would provide Phoenix with the offensive diversity in the backcourt we really need...a strong, bruising slasher with a great mid-range game.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/17/05 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Currie would provide Phoenix with the offensive diversity in the backcourt we really need...a strong, bruising slasher with a great mid-range game.

One more slasher for Carrie to not allow to slash and to make throw up perimeter shots Evil or Very Mad

cometsluv4play

PostPosted: 08/17/05 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Cam, why is DeForge always being considered availiable when trade offers are speculated? is she a locker room problem? she seems to have made her way around the league a few times, is there a reason for that?

PostPosted: 08/17/05 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsluv4play wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Cam, why is DeForge always being considered availiable when trade offers are speculated? is she a locker room problem? she seems to have made her way around the league a few times, is there a reason for that?

1. Shooting guard is the easiest position to fill.
2. DeForge is a restricted free agent.
3. She moved around the league because of illness, from which she has now recovered.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 08/17/05 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
cometsluv4play wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

1. Shooting guard is the easiest position to fill.
2. DeForge is a restricted free agent.
3. She moved around the league because of illness, from which she has now recovered.

Also, she has considerable trade value. The Merc can ask for, and get, quite a bit for her.......and if they mix in their 1st round pick as Cam suggested above, they could get a proven All Star type player at a position of great need rather than have to rely on a rookie or unproven player.

cometsluv4play

PostPosted: 08/17/05 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Cam for the Response. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/17/05 4:20 pm    ::: Re: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

norag1 wrote:
Considering the fact that they are a .500 team now I am trying to figure out how they are any 'better' right now. Actually 14-16. How did this trade help us this year? Lynx are still below.500.

1. Lynx last five games before Katie trade: 1-4 (with three losses at home and one loss to the SASS). Lynx last five games (first five w/ Jones starting): 3-2 (with one of the losses in OT on the road after both starting posts fouled out). Yes, this trade has made the team better. Good enough to make the playoffs? I dunno.

2. The trade will bearmore fruit for the Lynx next year. Stay tuned.

norag1

PostPosted: 08/17/05 4:32 pm    ::: Re: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
norag1 wrote:

1. Lynx last five games before Katie trade: 1-4 (with three losses at home and one loss to the SASS). Lynx last five games (first five w/ Jones starting): 3-2 (with one of the losses in OT on the road after both starting posts fouled out). Yes, this trade has made the team better. Good enough to make the playoffs? I dunno.

2. The trade will bearmore fruit for the Lynx next year. Stay tuned.

Katie was in a slump and Lynx relied on her to not be in one. They are 14-16 right now. Looking at the whole season this trade is not making them better this year. When Katie not in slump they were above .500. They are 14-16 right now, thaey are no better after the trade no matter how you look at it. Not fair to look at the at just the 1-4 when Katie is in a slump that is not fair. I also believe that it will be good in the future but right now at present it is not better. Better hope they get a lottery pick.

Last edited by norag1 on 08/17/05 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/17/05 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsluv4play wrote:
Thanks Cam for the Response. Very Happy

No problem.

I should add I would prefer to keep Diana and Penny over Anna. Penny is so versatile, whereas Anna and Diana are much more similar. I would like to see a slashing, big two guard with a good mid-range game. Shereka Wright could be that player, but Monique Currie fits the ball a bit more. Either way, it would help to diversify the offense from the perimeter players. Plus, Penny and Diana are much younger than DeForge.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 08/17/05 8:22 pm    ::: Re: Lynx Win ! Reply Reply with quote

norag1 wrote:

Katie was in a slump and Lynx relied on her to not be in one. They are 14-16 right now. Looking at the whole season this trade is not making them better this year.

And looking at the whole season to the point when KT was traded this team was below .500 Shocked

norag1 wrote:
When Katie not in slump they were above .500.

To be picky (I'm in an arguing mood) We didn't spend all that much time over .500 Sad We've had some bad losses all thur the season.

norag1 wrote:
They are 14-16 right now, thaey are no better after the trade no matter how you look at it. Not fair to look at the at just the 1-4 when Katie is in a slump that is not fair. I also believe that it will be good in the future but right now at present it is not better. Better hope they get a lottery pick.

People can measure 'better' anyway they want I guess.
If you go by record then you take everything in to consideration. So it’s fair to look at the record slump or no slump. Take a look at 5 gms or the whole season, they below .500 w/her & w/out her.

Really kind of silly to argue if their better or not. It sure hasn't made them any worse thats for sure. And this is not the same team sooo .... Smile

If you were at the gm last night you might/might not be able to pick something out that says they are better. For me, the tempo has been bumped up. I like that, a lot Mr. Green Especially w/some of the players we have. There is a different flow to this team lately. I've seen 2 of their last 3 gms in person & I like what I see both now & for the future.

Not sure why we, "better hope they get a lottery pick." Ha, at this point I could care less. I'd love to see Det miss tha playoffs & if the Lynx can win their way in I'll be excited for them & myself. But fact is extra ping-pong balls are no guarantee you get a shot at the rookie that might help you out. Lord knows we're young as it is. Of course there are trade possibilities too.

Anyway, right now we have the non-lottery #6, 7 & 8 picks from the 2004 draft & I wouldn’t trade any of 'em. Very Happy So who knows what the 2006 lotto will bring ...

pilight

PostPosted: 08/17/05 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the trade...

Player One 10.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.0 apg, 39% FG, 35% 3P

Player Two 10.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.2 apg, 38% FG, 39% 3P

Can you tell which is Smith and which is Jones without looking it up? Is the difference really worth a first round pick plus whatever you get from Stacey Thomas?

PostPosted: 08/17/05 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Player One is Smith and Player Two is Jones?

MNfan22

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Since the trade...

Can you tell which is Smith and which is Jones without looking it up? Is the difference really worth a first round pick plus whatever you get from Stacey Thomas?

Plight, I'm not sure from who's end your asking. But I take a shot.

If BL thinks getting player #1 Wink was worth it to get into the play-offs(and thinks he has a shot a winning it al) & have in the mix next season then yes. He is looking for the now fix. If SMS & co. think player #2 Wink would add something that was missing plus get an extra pick next season then yes. Thomas for me is a non-factor. Its the pick & Jones that give the Lynx upside & for the Shock Smith a yr older but likely healther from jump is their up side.
Also you could try measure the impact on the new teammates of players #1 & #2. There are a million & 1 ways to value this.

For me, watching this team now, I like the elements Jones brings & what it does for the team. She brings some things KT couldn't. Not a slam on anyone they are just different players.
Most thought the Lynx were middle of the road, "plan jane" w/KT anyway, so now we've just jazzed up a young team.

norag1

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Since the trade...

Plight, I'm not sure from who's end your asking. But I take a shot.

If BL thinks getting player #1 Wink was worth it to get into the play-offs(and thinks he has a shot a winning it al) & have in the mix next season then yes. He is looking for the now fix. If SMS & co. think player #2 Wink would add something that was missing plus get an extra pick next season then yes. Thomas for me is a non-factor. Its the pick & Jones that give the Lynx upside & for the Shock Smith a yr older but likely healther from jump is their up side.
Also you could try measure the impact on the new teammates of players #1 & #2. There are a million & 1 ways to value this.

For me, watching this team now, I like the elements Jones brings & what it does for the team. She brings some things KT couldn't. Not a slam on anyone they are just different players.
Most thought the Lynx were middle of the road, "plan jane" w/KT anyway, so now we've just jazzed up a young team.

Detroit is 5-3 (should be 6-2) with KT. They now have the tie for 4th. I think Detroit is fine with the trade so far. They have only lost one game with her starting. Maybe it is just that a diff. system has been good for Katie.

Last edited by norag1 on 08/17/05 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Since the trade...

I think that Katie said she wasn`t coming back next year...and if that`s the case then they would have gotten nothing for her...I think that the Lynx made a smart move

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
pilight wrote:
Since the trade...

I think that Katie said she wasn`t coming back next year...and if that`s the case then they would have gotten nothing for her...I think that the Lynx made a smart move

You heard wrong! She has many a time through the season 3-4 years more.

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

could you rephrase this for me

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Quote:

I'm guessing the missing word is said.

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I didn`t mean she was going to stop playing altogether, I just meant that she was going to test the free agent market in 2006

thanks Reb

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
bigsportzbabe wrote:
Quote:

I'm guessing the missing word is said.

Yep, whoops.

norag1

PostPosted: 08/17/05 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Quote:

I didn`t mean she was going to stop playing altogether, I just meant that she was going to test the free agent market in 2006

thanks Reb

I think she will stay with Detroit if they want her. She has gotta like what is going on there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: