RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

West Wing Episode last night

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smenko

PostPosted: 01/06/05 3:58 pm    ::: West Wing Episode last night Reply Reply with quote

Did any of you catch it last night? There, on C.J.'s desk was a WNBA basketball with a red ribbon on it. Interesting take on whether C.J., the chief of staff, was a lesbian or not? Thought it an intriguing storyline--they discussed she was the best d--n basketball player in Ohio State history. She also mentioned that she'd been to three Mystic games. Anyone else catch the show?

mb

PostPosted: 01/06/05 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes...after watching Lost, I switched to West Wing, missing the first part of Alias.

They threw in many little details...rumor started on internet blog, best player in Ohio highschool, dunked at college (what was the ficticious locale?), mentioned tennis and softball. Placement of WNBA ball was intersting.

Must note that they weren't taking shots at lesbians or stereotyping womens sports, so much as pointing out Republican hypocracy.

The budget bill had a gay marriage ban attached to it.

Point was made that small steps are the route to take...civil unions, partner rights, health coverage versus the goal of legalized marriage.

Any thoughts board junkies???

On an episode years earlier, CJ defended Title IX, after Josh had brushed it aside with a comment.

Let us hope Jimmy Smits (Dem character) beats Alan Alda (Rep character) in the next tv election.

Looking forward to "life as we know it" tonight...anyone else view this program?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/06/05 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dunking at 6-0, now that girl has some serious hops Wink
If they're hitting at something, I don't know, haven't seen this one episode yet, but CJ dated reporter Danny and after him that other guy (if I remember correctly). So that makes her at least bi if they're implying that she also dates women.
I do think tho that it's a bit of stereotyping being that she was a gifted athlete back in her day...

PostPosted: 01/07/05 10:40 am    ::: Re: West Wing Episode last night Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a West Wing watcher (although I may be tempted to watch when Laura Innes directs another episode), but I have seen some fan fiction out there that portrays CJ as a lesbian.

Now if we coulg get the W into ER or SVU, I'll be a happy person!! Smile

smenko wrote:
Did any of you catch it last night? There, on C.J.'s desk was a WNBA basketball with a red ribbon on it. Interesting take on whether C.J., the chief of staff, was a lesbian or not? Thought it an intriguing storyline--they discussed she was the best d--n basketball player in Ohio State history. She also mentioned that she'd been to three Mystic games. Anyone else catch the show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: