RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hey ya'll. Hi sebibb, I'm home.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 08/15/05 7:46 pm    ::: Hey ya'll. Hi sebibb, I'm home. Reply Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm back from my trip to New York. Wish I could say it's good to be home, but it's not. I miss my good friend I was visiting there, I love her very much, and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Yecch...

The trip was fun, if you don't mind riding the bus and subway a lot. Saw a lot of things I haven't seen, along with some familiar places I've been to. Went of course to ground zero and saw the makeshift memorial. That still tears me up inside. I still have my pics from when I was in the towers years ago. I have one looking down at the world globe from that time.

Meanwhile, did a lot of shopping and got to some new stores like Nintendo World. It looks nice, but if the item you're buying doesn't have "Nintendo World New York" on it, then you can find the item at K-Mart or Shopko.

I got to the NBA store too. sebibb told me about it, but had to look up the address on the internet. It's 666 5th Ave. on 52nd street BTW. I bought 3 jerseys while in NY. I got Hammond's j at Gerry Cosby's just inside the Garden, I bought Vicky J's j at one of the Garden Gift shops and Lisa's Sparks j at the NBA store. The NBA store was a great place to find W gear. Be warned: Most of the clothing is geared towards women, but anyone can get by wearing a W baseball cap. Would have liked to buy the notebook at the NBA store, but it still had Val's name on it, so I passed. Would have brought a Sparks basketball, but that wouldn't have fit in my luggage.

On Monday, saw the Ferris wheel in the Toys-R-Us store on 7th Ave.
Went to Hooters on Friday. Saw The Wedding Crashers, Duece Bigelow, and Sky High. All good movies to see. Bigelow was the funniest. The movie theaters and screens in NY go up, not out like here in Wisconsin, so that was a new experience for me.

On Tuesday, I saw my first Yankees game. What a pigsty. (Sorry New Yorkers...) Got in after 6 so I couldn't see Monument Row. Saw a pitcher's duel. Saw the Yankees get beat. Saw only three runs score all evening, all homers. And yes, saw some nut trying to climb out ot the backstop netting after falling into it from the upper deck. Yes, it was "THAT" game.

On Wednesday, I saw my first WNBA game. Met up with sebibb and some of the other NY board junkie posters, what a great group of people. The W talk just doesn't stop. Showed them a couple of pages of the Baby Ballers book, they all said they liked what they saw. Stopped into the Play By Play resaurant. I had the ribs but the BBQ was too sour for my taste, but I did eat them.

I had a good seat for the game. So I was angered when a lady a seat down from me asked me to move over one so her friends could sit next to her and her companion. I said no. Your friends have tickets, let them sit in the seats they bought. If you wanted to sit with them, buy your tickets in a group! How rude.

As for the game, I saw most of it. A third of the time I was taking pics of the game. Hope to show a couple here when they get developed. I thought it was a pretty good game. Lisa played ok, but played a clean game IMO. Saw none of the "thuggery" many talk about. Also saw the Hammond-Whitmore play. Some didn't like it, but I dunno, can't say if I would or wouldn't have done the same thing in Tamika's position. But it was a fun game to watch all around, and is much better to watch in person than on TV. Can't wait to see my second W game, wherever that somewhere may be. Wish I could've stayed Sunday for the home game on the 13th, but had to leave. BTW...Don't ride Greyhound. Their service has gone tremedously downhill.

Congrats to the Liberty for winning the game BTW, although I'm still mad for them cutting Tam. I would have liked to have run into her.

All-in-all, a very good trip. sebibb, watch for my letter in your mail, I'm sending it tomorrow afternoon. I hope to go back to NY in 2 years. Hope to catch two more games then. Oh, yeah...I was at the Today show on Friday. That was kinda dull. On Sunday morning I rode the Shark ride out on the South Side Pier.

If you can save your pennies, I highly recommend a trip to NY. It's a great city. Thanks to all the NY board posters for showing me a great time on Wednesday before the game.

Uh-oh...back to reality...Bleh.

Oh yeah, saw a couple of W items. Sealed case of '97 Pinnacle, $240 tax not included. '98 sealed Pinnacle box, $75 not including tax. Were I to have had the money, they'd be here with me.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/15/05 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lot of fun, shyguy. great read.

PostPosted: 08/15/05 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i have to stop and flash on this. as passionate a fan as shyguy is, and that was the very first wnba game he'd seen live.

wow.

now for another flash: the nba store's address is 666?! figures.

glad you got home safely, shy. it was a fun gathering, and i'm glad so many of you joined in. (i think i may have suggested to shyguy that he withhold your names to protect the insane.)

PostPosted: 08/16/05 8:03 am    ::: Re: Hey ya'll. Hi sebibb, I'm home. Reply Reply with quote

Glad you had fun in NY!!! One minor point, Toys 'R Us is actually on Broadway, but close...7th Avenue is right up next!

And Yankee Stadium a pigsty??? Huh? I don't get that one!! What's so pigsty about it?? I think it's a great place!! But then again, I'm biased! You were at THAT game then?? I laughed my ass off watching that kid on the netting!!! LOL!

And what do you mean Bibb to 'protect the insane'??? To quote one of my FAVORITE movie lines...."I'm not crazy M'Lynn! I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years". LOL! LOVE that!!!

On Tuesday, I saw my first Yankees game. What a pigsty. (Sorry New Yorkers...)

PostPosted: 08/16/05 5:50 pm    ::: Re: Hey ya'll. Hi sebibb, I'm home. Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Glad you had fun in NY!!! One minor point, Toys 'R Us is actually on Broadway, but close...7th Avenue is right up next!

And Yankee Stadium a pigsty??? Huh? I don't get that one!! What's so pigsty about it?? I think it's a great place!! But then again, I'm biased! You were at THAT game then?? I laughed my ass off watching that kid on the netting!!! LOL!

And what do you mean Bibb to 'protect the insane'??? To quote one of my FAVORITE movie lines...."I'm not crazy M'Lynn! I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years". LOL! LOVE that!!!

On Tuesday, I saw my first Yankees game. What a pigsty. (Sorry New Yorkers...)

Yankees Stadium is a great place to watch baseball, don't get me wrong. That is if you look up. Look down on the ground and you'll see the empty pizza boxes, empty paper cups, peanut shells and candy wrappers from the games played there on the previous days. Most other stadiums get cleaned right after the game that was played, not 24-48 hours later. So it wasn't a great place to look at from an aisle point of view...

As for Broadway and 7th Ave, my bad. But from a tourists point of view, they're kinda about the same. To me they are anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: