RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brian Winters: Point and Shoot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/06/05 12:56 pm    ::: Brian Winters: Point and Shoot Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
FW: Assess some of the Fever needs for 2005.
BW: “You can always use more shooting. I think we need help at point guard, and I think the experience that Kelly [Miller], Deanna [Jackson] and Ebony [Hoffman] got last year will help them. It will help them more with their teammates and how they play together with one another. You look at your team after the season and try to evaluate what can make you a better team.

“We could use somebody to help lead our team and give direction and play the point. We’re certainly going to look that direction either in free agency or in the draft. You can always use perimeter shooting, or a great athlete, particularly at the ‘2’ or the ‘3.’ I think our front line is pretty good, but we have the second pick in the draft and you can never be too big. We could add another big player because most of the top players in the front of the draft are pretty big. Later in the draft we have the 16th pick. We have some good picks and some good options. I think our team is pretty good, but certainly we want to look to upgrade anywhere that we can.”

http://www.wnba.com/fever/news/A_Winters_Conversation.html

Kelly Miller was Co-Most Improved Player last year... Guess not improved enough Confused

Shocked

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/06/05 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem is that Kelly Miller is not a full time point guard. Georgia was a good set up for Kelly not because it was with her sister, but because she was able to split ball control duties. Kelly Miller needs to be a shooting guard. Did Winters not take the hint that Charlotte didn't keep her as Staley's replacement? Guess he thought he'd have better luck turning her into a PG.

PostPosted: 01/06/05 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly could possibly be a point, if Coco is there with her. Other than that, I don't see Kelly as a one.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/06/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy's conundrum - post or Cappie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: