RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Does sex sell in the LPGA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 07/10/10 12:39 pm    ::: Does sex sell in the LPGA? Reply Reply with quote

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/142

I hate to admit it but it's a darn good article. All the guy does is ask questions and surprisingly he gets some honest answers.

My own opinion is pretty simple. They are women, and as luck would have it, some of the best in the game are pretty easy on the eye.

But the best thing that ever happened IMO, to LPGA golf is the golf channel. The golf channel does not do women, they do golf. And there is no shortage of golf on the LPGA tour.

That said, and she is quoted, Vicky Hurst, Anyway they just showed her hit one shot, and she has one of the best golf swings you will ever see, but I about crapped my drawers yesterday, she was wearing some kinda one piece dress, some cling kinda thing, it left me speechless.

PostPosted: 07/10/10 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the same question can be asked of women's tennis and the answer is a question in itself: why did Anna Kournikova pack them in?

PostPosted: 07/12/10 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, they're struggling for events more in the past few years when they've gone over the top trying to sell hot, barely legal girls than they were in the early and mid 90's when they were selling skill over sex with people like Daniel, Mallon, Robbins, Davies, Webb, Inkster, etc. I knew I wasn't interested when they started going that route, that and the steroid era chased me off, but i'm surprised enough people felt the same way to make the dent in the fan base that it did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: