RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Samuel Jackson studied...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 11:41 pm    ::: Samuel Jackson studied... Reply Reply with quote

my friend e-mailed me and said Sam Jackson was on ESPN - He said he studied tape of Pat Summit to prepare for his role as Coach Carter.

oh, and speaking of men talking about Women's Basketball - it's high time someone in the WNBA challenged that punkass, Tom Arnold to a game of one on one. He needs to shut the ^%$# up!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/06/05 5:14 pm    ::: Re: Samuel Jackson studied... Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
my friend e-mailed me and said Sam Jackson was on ESPN - He said he studied tape of Pat Summit to prepare for his role as Coach Carter.

oh, and speaking of men talking about Women's Basketball - it's high time someone in the WNBA challenged that punkass, Tom Arnold to a game of one on one. He needs to shut the ^%$# up!

Tom Arnold was probably joking. I kind of like his show..(I really like John Sally.) They have all been very respectful towards the women's players. (LL was so funny on that show..esp when she was talking about KG.) Of course there is the occassional jokes, but they joke about EVERY sport. (Sue Bird was gonna play him, but she had a knee problem at the time. He knew very well she woulda kicked his butt.)

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/06/05 5:24 pm    ::: Re: Samuel Jackson studied... Reply Reply with quote

A couple years ago Tom Arnold refered to Women College Basketball players as Dogs (ugly)

Fuck Tom Arnold

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/06/05 5:47 pm    ::: Re: Samuel Jackson studied... Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
A couple years ago Tom Arnold refered to Women College Basketball players as Dogs (ugly)

Tom Arnold and Company on The BDSSP had Sue Bird on in 2002 and was very nice to her and called her attractive, which made Birdy blush. Embarassed He then rolled a parody clip called "Tournament Girls Gone Wild!", which featured a highlight reel of Sue and Stacey Dales doing things like pulling up their jersey to wipe their faces and diving together for loose balls.

BTW, Samuel L. Jackson is a staunch Bush supporter in case you didn't know. He said so on the Tonight Show after the election. Idea

Shocked

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/06/05 6:10 pm    ::: Re: Samuel Jackson studied... Reply Reply with quote

The bottom line is Tom Arnold has made too many foul comments about Women basketball players.

So Sam Jackson voted for Bush.

Bush has often spoken favorably about Women basketball players. Unlike that idiot Tom Arnold.

"Tournament Girls Gone Wild" - I REST MY CASE!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/06/05 7:22 pm    ::: Re: Samuel Jackson studied... Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
The bottom line is Tom Arnold has made too many foul comments about Women basketball players.

So Sam Jackson voted for Bush.

Bush has often spoken favorably about Women basketball players. Unlike that idiot Tom Arnold.

"Tournament Girls Gone Wild" - I REST MY CASE!

Taurasi thought it was hysterical.......Once again, they joke about EVERY sport..I didn't know who he was in 1999, but all of the times I've seen the show, they were respectful towards the women players or just as respectful as they were towards anyother sport.

I'm not saying that Tom Arnold isn't an idiot because he is..But he has respect for the women players. (well as much respect as he has for any other type of athlete.)

Wasn't Bush going to change title IX?

Last edited by mercfan3 on 01/06/05 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/06/05 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is rare that female athletes are on TBDSSP. Usually, the female guests are actresses, models, or singers, not athletes.

The few athletes who are on the show are usually Jennie Finch types...really attractive, glamour women. The male guests have no such restrictions.

The one interview that I did like on the show was with Michael Cooper, who discussed the women's game and was able to explain why basketball is basketball and athletes are athletes.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/06/05 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
It is rare that female athletes are on TBDSSP. Usually, the female guests are actresses, models, or singers, not athletes.

The few athletes who are on the show are usually Jennie Finch types...really attractive, glamour women. The male guests have no such restrictions.

The one interview that I did like on the show was with Michael Cooper, who discussed the women's game and was able to explain why basketball is basketball and athletes are athletes.

Serena's on quite a bit, (She was on the other night, she looked really nice.) I just like John Sally I guess. He has said so many positive things about the women's game..that, I'm just glad that some sports shows reckognise it, which is why I guess I like the show.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/06/05 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, John Salley has consistantly supported Women's Basketball.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/06/05 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

OTOH, they are more likely to have female athletes than comparable ESPN shows. When was the last time PTI had a female athlete on for Five Good Minutes? How about the Budweiser Hot Seat on SportsCenter?

PostPosted: 01/06/05 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

OTOH, they are more likely to have female athletes than comparable ESPN shows. When was the last time PTI had a female athlete on for Five Good Minutes? How about the Budweiser Hot Seat on SportsCenter?

I know DT has been on the Budweiser Hot Seat.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/06/05 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

She's been on Best Damn too.

PostPosted: 01/06/05 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:
pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Three times..D's been on everything though..

She's been on Best Damn too.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/06/05 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT is the exception and not the rule when it comes to appearing on these shows. As Cam pointed out, a majority of the female atheletes that they do have on are the more attractive ones. However, at least they do have them on, which is more than I can say for some other sports shows out there.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/06/05 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tom Arnold is just a goofball compared to Jim Rome who is a flaming jackass.

PostPosted: 01/06/05 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

Good point Alepp!

That really puts things in perspective. I remember I almost brought a sign to a televised game that read:

"Jim Rome Hates Me"

but I decided not to give him the satisfaction of recognizing his existence.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/07/05 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, if only Jim Everett were around to put Jim Rome back in his place...

Memories...light the corner of my mind...

sbjules

PostPosted: 01/07/05 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I've gotta agree with that. I don't like Tom Arnold (Yes, John Sally's a good guy) or Romey. When UCSB was in the soccer NCAAs, I kept thinking how galling that must be to Jim Rome, the UCSB graduate who absolutely hates soccer. I'm not a soccer fan, but I don't make fun of those who like it as Romey does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: