RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rutgers defeats LSU in OT boilover!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 01/05/05 9:37 pm    ::: Rutgers defeats LSU in OT boilover! Reply Reply with quote

Go Rutgers! Go 4 guard lineup! Amazing stretch of games.
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/05/05 10:17 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers defeats LSU in OT boilover! Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Go Rutgers! Go 4 guard lineup! Amazing stretch of games.

Yeah-- when I saw LSU 33, Rutgers 22 during the second half (on the ESPN tracker) I thought "oh well"; amazing that Rutgers pulled it off. As a Gopher fan I should have been rooting for LSU (since they beat us, the longer LSU stayed undefeated, the better it looked for the people they beat) but the underdog element trumps any considerations of RPI.

Does anyone here know anyone who actually saw the game, since it doesn't seem to have been on TV?

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/06/05 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

:thud:

Put it this way: the only time I've ever had more fun at a basketball game, I was sitting in the row behind the Liberty bench the night Bethany hit the shot.

About two weeks ago, my boyfriend (a fellow board junkie/WNBATalker/passionate fan of the game) suggested that we see this game, being fairly certain he could score tickets. It was worth going all the way out to Jersey. Neither rain nor snow nor fog nor gloom of night nor sleet nor freezing rain nor sudden overnight sore throat from the seventh circle of hell stopped these fans from making their round.

I love the RAC. Can I take it home and keep it? I promise to take very good care of it. Talk about loud! Talk about passionate! Talk about Sue and Patty's bad 80's hair!

What a game. What a night. LSU played very well, and Seimone Augustus was incredible, but in the end, they learned the same thing that another team in purple and gold has learned: you can't rely on one player to save your team. I honestly think that if she had had a minute of rest in regulation, her shot with ~3 seconds left wouldn't have been short. She played all 45 minutes.

Does anyone else think Fowles is just an ill-omened name for a center? Say it out loud. The frosh ended with 4 fouls and missed some killer free throws.

Cappie, it's nice having you back. Now stop watching the Becky highlights and maybe make your move with 15 seconds on the clock, not 5? The Rutgers offense was killing me. KILLING me.

Shot of the night: Chelsea Newton (I think) had a free throw go off the top of the backboard and bounce in *swish*. Maybe that should have warned us that things wouldn't go as anticipated?

Fashion notes from the Token Straight Girl(tm) Smile : Baby blue is not an intimidating color, even on Vivian Stringer. As for Suuuuuuuuue, it was a nice suit, but beige gave me the impression that despite being 6'3" and the most famous baller on campus, she was trying to blend into the background. </catty fashion nitpick>

Patty and Marianne were both there; recognized Patty's hair and Marianne's blouse. Wonder who they were scouting? We all know that Cappie won't fall to the Liberty's pick, and if Augustus comes out neither will she.

All in all, I'd have to say it was a pretty damn nice intro to the RAC.

(now with spelling variations)
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/06/05 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody thinking Coach Stringer to lead the 2008 Women's National Team instead of a W coach? She has inspired those young women beyond themselves.

fang

PostPosted: 01/06/05 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The nat'l team has got to be Anne Donovan's job, if she wants it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: