RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

More Trade Thoughts for SASS (Rockers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:05 pm    ::: More Trade Thoughts for SASS (Rockers) Reply Reply with quote

According to blue, Hughes was very high on Deanna Jackson and may try to acquire her. Now, if the Fever know this, they could try to bargain for Marie.

Marie to the Fever for Deanna Jackson and Niele Ivey.

The addition of another PG could make PeeWee more expendable in Hughes's attempt to build a team that will suit him better.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:07 pm    ::: Re: More Trade Thoughts for SASS (Rockers) Reply Reply with quote

As much as I would hate to see Deanna leave my Fever, that trade would work.

Knowing the Fever org, they'll probably give up Deanna, Niele, and the #2 pick for Margo!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:08 pm    ::: Re: More Trade Thoughts for SASS (Rockers) Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
According to blue, Hughes was very high on Deanna Jackson and may try to acquire her. Now, if the Fever know this, they could try to bargain for Marie.

Marie to the Fever for Deanna Jackson and Niele Ivey.

The addition of another PG could make PeeWee more expendable in Hughes's attempt to build a team that will suit him better.

Not enough for Marie in my opinion. She's an all-star when healthy. Deanna is a solid, role player, and Niele is a bench player (at least IMO).

On the other hand, would Marie be a replacement for the draft pick if Indiana gave that up instead? Maybe Indiana wants Margo, they seem to have all the other big white centers that like to stand outside and shoot jump shots! Laughing

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am a Marie fan but her numbers have been down the last couple years, which lowers her asking price. I am looking at this from Hughes' perspective. If he is really that high on Deanna, he may feel that there is untapped potential that he can get out of her, and may be willing to give up Marie for her.

Now onward to Niele... I absolute believe that given the opportunity to be the starting point guard for a team, and a full healthy season to prove herself, she would show she is capable. The Fever ran much more smoothly with her at the point in 2003. I don't believe she will ever get the chance she deserves with Winters as her coach. Niele has proven she can knock down the three, she takes very good care of the ball (Her A/TO for her career is 198/91), and she is a very smart player. I just think she needs to get good chance. I've wanted her to go to the Comets for forever because I think she might actually be the right type of PG for even Van because she doesn't make a lot of mistakes and just runs the offense and drains threes, but no, we will try everyone else in the world, but not Niele. grr.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:17 pm    ::: Re: More Trade Thoughts for SASS (Rockers) Reply Reply with quote

They have a chance to draft a local gal (JB)who will increase attendance and leave them with too many forwards. They'll need a real point. They don't use Niele much. That's why this idea makes sense. Unless they go for Pee Wee instead - which come to think of it, is more likely.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

Now onward to Niele... I absolute believe that given the opportunity to be the starting point guard for a team, and a full healthy season to prove herself, she would show she is capable. The Fever ran much more smoothly with her at the point in 2003. I don't believe she will ever get the chance she deserves with Winters as her coach. Niele has proven she can knock down the three, she takes very good care of the ball (Her A/TO for her career is 198/91), and she is a very smart player. I just think she needs to get good chance. I've wanted her to go to the Comets for forever because I think she might actually be the right type of PG for even Van because she doesn't make a lot of mistakes and just runs the offense and drains threes, but no, we will try everyone else in the world, but not Niele. grr.

I'm not disagreeing about Niele's potential. But after a few years in the league, granted, smothered by Indiana, you can't trade an All-star IMO for what has been a role player. If you look strictly at their roles and numbers from the past, isn't she about equivalent to Tocarra Williams at best?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is funny.
One board has Pee Wee going East and one has her going further West!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One board has Pee Wee going East and one has her going further West!

Oh the joys of having two boards! Where is the Prof to claim that he KNOWS PeeWee is coming to Washington!!!!

Anyway, Marie last year, even before the injury was not in All-Star form, so the All-Star year could be seen as overachieving (I don't agree with that, but its a perhaps sorta deal) So if Hughes isn't really high on Marie, but he thinks that there is more there with Nolan than the stats show, and the same with Niele, who have both been held back in Indiana and the Catch show, then one may take a chance on getting the two for Marie. Maybe throw in a draft pick somewhere, but not a first rounder. You at least catch my drift? Crazier trades for unbalanced talent have happened!

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...and personally I think she's staying in SA.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With PeeWee, I think a change of scenery would be good for her (how many times can I say Minnesota!), with the wretched year, a coach coming in who doesn't really suit her style of play, and probably just oodles of frustration that can be left behind in SA and a chance to start anew, without wondering if Lindsay Whalen is doing better than her or if Conn is better off without her.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK how about this:

Indy needs local talent. The folks in Indy are like that - so...

Draft Batteast (ND)- now they can let Deanna go. throw in Niele - get either Marie or Pee Wee.
SASS throws in Adrian (went to High School in Indiana) for Shu. SASS trades Shu to Conn for someone they want
and on a side note Indy trades Coretta for Shereka (Purdue)
Indy suddenly represents Indiana (In the minds of the fans) Attendance is up - team doesn't fold!!!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow are you reaching!

How about sending Rasmussen for Ruth Riley too?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You don't think Adrian for Shu is a good deal?

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Indi ends with...

Either PeeWee or Marie in the backcourt with Kelly Miller, Catch starting at the 3, Nat at the 4, and Adrian at the 5. You have Shereka backing up the 2 spot, Batteast backing up the 3/4, and Raz backing up the 4/5, so all you need is a backup PG cus ya sent Niele packing. Whew.

So where the heck does this leave SA!?!?!

1 - Niele/Tocarra/maybe PeeWee
2 - drafted guard/Deanna Jackson/maybe Marie
3 - Adrienne Goodson/maybe Deanna Jackson
4 - Latoya
5 - Margie

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adrian or Schu, call me crazy but I would take Schu. I've just really liked her when I've seen her play.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, let me deal in a crazy one too then!

SASS and Indy - Marie and Margo for Deanna, Coretta Brown and Ebony Hoffman

SASS and Phoenix - Coretta Brown for a backup wing

Indy and CT - Marie and Schu for KT Douglas.

End result -
CT gets a shooter to replace Douglas and a post
Indy gets a local star in Douglas and another big white girl to shoot jumpers
SASS gets the center to replace Margo, Deanna if Dan loves her so much, and a backup wing
Phoenix gets a point guard

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...Margo...

Slovy cancels his Fever season tickets.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You want something good, you gotta take the baggage that goes with it!

You know she's really not a bad fit in Inday. She stays on top so she'd be out of Nat and Tamika's way. She blocks shots when the guards get around Miller. It may work!

Last edited by dtsnms on 01/05/05 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we should just have Indy and SASS jump into a pool together with the GMs and we can play Marco Polo and the GMs get to keep all the players they tag and guess correctly and after one hour of playing, all the remaining players are free to sign whereever they please!

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp, the only flaw I personally see in all the talk, is I've always believed that teams don't trade a star after a down year if they can avoid it. If SASS doesn't think they can win it all next year, I think they'll keep Pee Wee and hope she rebounds from last season.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp, the only flaw I personally see in all the talk, is I've always believed that teams don't trade a star after a down year if they can avoid it. If SASS doesn't think they can win it all next year, I think they'll keep Pee Wee and hope she rebounds from last season.

So, what you're saying is we aren't going to play Marco Polo...

BOO!!!!

Anyway, I see your point, but take into account a head coach who has coached in the league and has been successful who will likely want to implement his own system and shake some things up. Now I think SASS should avoid shaking anything anymore and try to run with what they've got, however, that is not what I believe will happen. If they had added a new coach, a former NBA guy, someone from WCBB, I see staying pat and working with what they've got, but Hughes' knows what's there and what's out there, and he may be more aggressive in trying to make things how he wants them and to fit what he wants.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Conn giving up KT - I thought about that, but they wouldn't do it.
I don't see Indy giving up Ebony She's been working out in the off season and is ready to take care of business, from what I heard.
I was just posting some scenarios that would bring some local talent back to Indy.

Margo?

Please, no!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

So, what you're saying is we aren't going to play Marco Polo...

BOO!!!!

Anyway, I see your point, but take into account a head coach who has coached in the league and has been successful who will likely want to implement his own system and shake some things up. Now I think SASS should avoid shaking anything anymore and try to run with what they've got, however, that is not what I believe will happen. If they had added a new coach, a former NBA guy, someone from WCBB, I see staying pat and working with what they've got, but Hughes' knows what's there and what's out there, and he may be more aggressive in trying to make things how he wants them and to fit what he wants.

MARCO! I got Tamika! Laughing

Very valid point; you may be right. It will be interesting. So where does Tocarra fit in though? I thought she did a good job when Pee Wee was hurt last year.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/05/05 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coretta Brown isn't a PG; more like a ball-handling 2 guard.
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Coretta Brown isn't a PG; more like a ball-handling 2 guard.

True.
Is Reka a true point or a two? (Not that Winters cares...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: