RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Worst Buffy episodes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/16/05 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:

for me its northern exposure, twin peaks, the x-files, buffy, and wonderfalls, which only lasted 13 eps.

I LOVE "Wonderfalls" and think it is tragic that only six episodes aired. It was brilliant. With "Serenity" coming out, I keep hoping that a "Wonderfalls" movie would show up. It's a lost cause -- I know.

Best line: "Maybe she's just a lazy whore. I mean, they can't all have hearts of gold and a good work ethic."

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 08/16/05 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked Northern Exposure too Herrade, that was quite a town. There were some real unique characters in that show.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/16/05 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
I think Weeds is gonna be good,(check it out Camm, it just seems like something you would like), the 2nd ep was on last night, it's pretty good.

I read a review of Weeds in the Advocate, and it sounds great.

I also really enjoy Monk. I love the obsessive compulsive detective (though the show was better when Bitty Schram was playing Sharona).

herrade

PostPosted: 08/16/05 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I LOVE "Wonderfalls" and think it is tragic that only six episodes aired. It was brilliant. With "Serenity" coming out, I keep hoping that a "Wonderfalls" movie would show up. It's a lost cause -- I know.

did you buy the DVD set? it's well worth it -- you get all 13 eps and some good bonuses.

the DVDs for NX, OTOH, are disappointing, because they were unable to license so much of the music that gave the show its texture.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/16/05 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorites are Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Sopranos. Funny that CYE is really different from Seinfeld, even tho they have Larry David in common. Sex and The City was good thru season 4 and the episodes with Sonia Braga are still my favorites. It's just too funny listening to someone swear in Portuguese in an American tv series. I mean, those swear words would NEVER be on tv here, so I kinda enjoy it. I used to love The West Wing up until Aaron Sorkin left and they made CJ that weak-ass Chief of Staff. She was the best on that show...The O.C. is relatively new in my favs list cuz I like Ryan a lot. I watch the Jerry Bruckheimer franchises now and then and I kinda like Without a Trace. Let's see...I watched The L Word's 1st season, but it's really up and down. Can't stand the drama, even tho they have some really funny characters for comic relief.
Well, HBO still has the best series for me...

PostPosted: 08/16/05 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gilmore Girls makes me crazy because my mom wants to be Lorelai.

I used to be a Trekkie, but I turned in my Starfleet ID when Enterprise did a Borg episode. I still have a soft spot for DS9 and TNG, though.

Sex in the City got me groped by an idiot in London, so I'm not a big fan. (I mentioned I was from New York; he then proceeded to tell me that all New York girls were... free with their favors, shall we say... because of that show.)

I miss Willow. For so long, I was her.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Reb...we gotta talk BABYLON 5 sometime.....it`s an obsession with me

a few years I DJ`ed on Halloween dressed as Londo Mollari and convinced the bartenders and waitress to dress as Daggair, Mariel and Timov

they actually made very good tips Surprised Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/16/05 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
i like laurel holloman, though. i'll always have a soft spot for randy and evie!

We saw The Incredibly True Story of Two Girls in Love when it came out and didn't remember much until we watched again with some friends last weekend. I'm not much for usual GLBT Film Festival fare, but this was one of the first and Holloman was outstanding in her role.

And don't forget Holloman as black leather-jacketed, bad news Justine, the civilian vamp slayer so single-mindedly focused on her mission of vengeance that she literally plunged the darkness of Angel to new depths.

herrade

PostPosted: 08/16/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

you mean you were a budding lesbian villaness?

Last edited by herrade on 08/16/05 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/16/05 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
Queenie wrote:

you mean you a budding lesbian villaness?

At a friends wedding this winter where they actually showed "Once More With Feeling" (don't ask) one of teh grooms said he wasn't sure if he identified more with Willow the nerdy Jew or Willow the hot lesbian witch Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/16/05 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
Queenie wrote:

you mean you were a budding lesbian villaness?

Well, a geeky budding villainess, yes. Not so much with the gay. Though don't think I hadn't wondered about that a couple of times.

PostPosted: 08/29/05 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Him is on next week in Sunday reruns.

The episode showing Anya's history was on tonight. Loved how she used to have rabbits running around the house. And I forgot how much I liked D'Hoeffrin.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 08/30/05 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody see Ice Princess?

This Disney family film stars Michelle Trachtenberg as a high school student with a surprising aptitude for physics and a hidden talent for figure skating.

After viewing recent general audience 'comedies' like Vin Diesel's Pacifier and Sandra Bullock's Miss Congeniality 2 which failed to either make us laugh or hold our interest, we were pleasantly surprised with Michelle's Ice Princess which has some depth for lighthearted family fare, too.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/30/05 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:

This Disney family film stars Michelle Trachtenberg as a high school student with a surprising aptitude for physics and a hidden talent for figure skating.

Isn't that the anti-feminist film in which she gives up being a driven studyholic for pretty little sequined dresses?

PostPosted: 08/30/05 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:

Isn't that the anti-feminist film in which she gives up being a driven studyholic for pretty little sequined dresses?

You mean "The Princess Diaries"?

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 08/30/05 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Uh, no, its about mother-daughter dynamics and coming into one's own as a young person. One daughter walks away from Harvard and puts a college education on hold to purse a dream as a figure skater. Another daughter walks away from her mothers dream that she follow in mom's footsteps as a champion figure skater.. and enlists the help of another girl with her math classes so she can get into college.

Many of the key roles in the film are played by women and girls. Its an empowering film for both moms and little girls .. and anyone else.

pilight, your data on feminists' attitudes is a bit out of sync with my data. Since I am a feminist who knows other feminists, I know where I get my data. Where on earth do you get yours? Phyllis Schaffly?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/30/05 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Phyllis Schaffly?

Catherine MacKinnon?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/30/05 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never saw the flick. I was making a joke based on the trailers I saw.

PostPosted: 08/30/05 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I never saw the flick. I was making a joke based on the trailers I saw.

Oh, sorry. Well, the Harvard physics -> sequined figure skater plot angle makes the viewer think a bit more than if it had been reversed, imo. This is about coming to terms with kids who just can't seem to get that mom [or dad] knows best.

Its a bit superficial and Michelle isn't the most believable at times as the physics 'genius', but she's got good energy and the film works for kids of all ages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: