RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

And the New SASS Head Coach Is....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/04/05 2:47 pm    ::: And the New SASS Head Coach Is.... Reply Reply with quote

Dan Hughes! Shocked

Quote:
“We believe Dan is a perfect fit for our organization and our community,” Davis-Wrightsil added. “We wanted a coach who could lead the team on and off the court while also making a positive contribution to the community. Dan is a firm believer that his players character off the court is just as important as their skills on the court. The city will appreciate his work ethic, his desire to build a championship team and his genuine concern for his players.”

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/news/hughes_050104.html

Well the half-court, defensive-minded Hughes should help Margo for sure... Confused

Quote:
Hughes signed a multi-year deal, per team policy terms of the agreement have not been announced.

Dan is a proven winner in the WNBA and has a wealth of experience in turning sub-par teams into playoff caliber teams as he did with the Rockers said Davis-Wrightsil.

Sub-par? Ouch, way to rub it in Clarissa Razz

pilight

PostPosted: 01/04/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hughes is the second person to be head coach of three different teams: Charlotte, Cleveland, and now San Antonio.

PostPosted: 01/04/05 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said not to count Dan Hughes out!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/04/05 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While he seems to be "one of the good ones", I wish there was some more new blood brought in. Look at the success of Thibault, SMS, and even Adams. I think new blood brings excitement.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/04/05 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I am SASS right now, I would have tried to make a similar decision. Dan Hughes has proven he can win in the league and he has a familiarity with the players and teams throughout the league that a former NBA player likely would not have.

If I am SASS, I am getting fed up with losing, and I don't want to take another chance a la Dee Brown, I just want wins. Hughes will likely have Thomas as the focal point of the offense and I would assume there would be at least one more push to try to get Margo on board and try to implement a situation where she can be an effective post defender while having a role within the offense.

Marie and PeeWee are the people I am curious about at this point. I am not sure if either player is exactly the type of player that fits into the hard-core defensive mode or half court grind for points style that Dan Hughes has typically brought. I wonder if the team will be formed to fit Hughes or if Hughes will be required to fit the players.

PostPosted: 01/04/05 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan didn't leave the W.
The W left him.
I'm glad he's back.
Good luck to SASS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: