Board Junkies Forums

Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CB

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
CB wrote:
I heard the trade IS going to happen. Probably Thursday.

Any chance you can fill us in as in what exactly the trade is, O Mighty CB? Wink

I will have to ask. Laughing

But with all the wild speculation I've read here and thinking maybe some of it was from legit sources, I did ask, and unless there is another trade my source doesn't know about, the trade remains the players I was told a few days back when I said I thought all teams got pretty good value (or something to that effect).

And that was 3 teams, but not to say there isn't more since swanson said 1/3 of the league is involved.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
braveniler58 wrote:
CB wrote:
I heard the trade IS going to happen. Probably Thursday.

Any chance you can fill us in as in what exactly the trade is, O Mighty CB? Wink

I will have to ask. Laughing

But with all the wild speculation I've read here and thinking maybe some of it was from legit sources, I did ask, and unless there is another trade my source doesn't know about, the trade remains the players I was told a few days back when I said I thought all teams got pretty good value (or something to that effect).

And that was 3 teams, but not to say there isn't more since swanson said 1/3 of the league is involved.

It probably will take awhile to dig up your post a few days ago. I wonder can you give us the name of the players again ?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JumpMan23 wrote:
Or just the players; we'll figure out which teams.

Laughing Some people might have a hard time judging by some of the speculations here.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
caune wrote:
Although Cappie is demanding a trade for apparently "business reasons" ie. she has a business now in New York she wants to make a go of, maybe she has enough love left for the Merc to say she won't walk for nothing? Something must be stopping all the other teams from giving her an offer sheet, no? So would it be made public if someone offered her an offer sheet? So many variables don't add up at this point I'm just askin'

A lot of teams either have room for a max offer sheet, or have means to create the room if the player involved was worth it. Say Phoenix had used all their cap room, and Cappie wanted to go to New York but the Libs didn't have the room. They can phone up every other team in the league with overpaying offers just to dump salary. Something like Powell for Toliver, or Kraayeveld for Ashley Walker, or whatever. Then they sign Cappie to the offer sheet and they're golden.

The almost certain reason why Cappie hasn't signed an offer sheet is because she knows, and every other team knows, that the Mercury would match it. So there's not really any point offering it (and there's no real reason why we would've heard of the offer if it'd been made anyway).

Exactly, which gave the Merc some room in this scenerio that many think they don't have. They have said their priority was signing Cappie and that's what they will do...than trade her, but they could easily have kept her if she wanted to stay and made HER the PG and not re-signed TJ

And we HAVE heard of offer sheets before. If they can publicize Kat Krayyvelds offer from Seattle I'm sure if a player like Cappie, from a Championship team, had signed someones offer sheet we'd have heard about it!

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They are publicized if someone signs an offer sheet, not if someone declines one.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
And we HAVE heard of offer sheets before. If they can publicize Kat Krayyvelds offer from Seattle I'm sure if a player like Cappie, from a Championship team, had signed someones offer sheet we'd have heard about it!

Well yes obviously you hear if someone signs one, at the latest you hear after a week because she's then officially on the books of one team or the other. You don't hear if someone's agent got a call saying "does your client fancy signing with us for $99,000?' and the agent says 'we'll get back to you'... and that's it.

And the point all along, from way back in the beginning, yet again, has been that they could keep Cappie and Taylor and just let TJ and Willingham walk. But you're kinda screwed if that's your plan, it gets halfway done and then Cappie decides she isn't going to show up.

Jordan3

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latest.... Cappie Pondexter heading to New York in 3-team trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/news/story?id=5039452

GO DREAM!!!
caune

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
caune wrote:

Well yes obviously you hear if someone signs one, at the latest you hear after a week because she's then officially on the books of one team or the other. You don't hear if someone's agent got a call saying "does your client fancy signing with us for $99,000?' and the agent says 'we'll get back to you'... and that's it.

And the point all along, from way back in the beginning, yet again, has been that they could keep Cappie and Taylor and just let TJ and Willingham walk. But you're kinda screwed if that's your plan, it gets halfway done and then Cappie decides she isn't going to show up.

Well damn, I didn't say it was the perfect plan Laughing but apparently it worked?
We'll see when the details are released

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really Sad to see Cappie Go..

But a team of Dupree, Taylor, and Taurasi should compete for a title too..

Good luck to Cappie..she'll be great for NY. The fans deserve something after the #1 fiasco.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

see new thread for players involved...

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
pasteurize

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Really Sad to see Cappie Go..

But a team of Dupree, Taylor, and Taurasi should compete for a title too..

Good luck to Cappie..she'll be great for NY. The fans deserve something after the #1 fiasco.

Promise to love her as much as you guys did! Very Happy

bballfan32

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

where is the goodbye love to Meka?

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago is going to be a better team this year. Way to get ya some in the midst of a tough situation. Now go getcha some more in the draft, wake up, and make some freaking noise and get your city's attention.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm confused on what Chicago is going to do. They need a legitimate point guard in addition to a post player. I still believe they should select Epiphanmy Prince because she will bring that special one-on-one ability and playmaking ability, something which is hard to find. I don't see how Paris fits.. Or Toliver. I guess I'm just confused on Chicago's style of play. Any help?

FS02

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes I think it's great for Chicago--they get rid of an unhappy player and get two pretty good ones in return. They have a ridiculous amount of 3-point shooting now. 4 out, one in? Laughing

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Yes I think it's great for Chicago--they get rid of an unhappy player and get two pretty good ones in return. They have a ridiculous amount of 3-point shooting now. 4 out, one in? Laughing

If Fowles turns into Dwight Howard, this works out great.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 03/30/10 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
I'm confused on what Chicago is going to do. They need a legitimate point guard in addition to a post player. I still believe they should select Epiphanmy Prince because she will bring that special one-on-one ability and playmaking ability, something which is hard to find. I don't see how Paris fits.. Or Toliver. I guess I'm just confused on Chicago's style of play. Any help?

Chicago's confused too. Sounds about right.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/31/10 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FFO wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
NY's system is of the "Baywatch" variety. The other players get into trouble and wait around until someone bails them out. I guess that makes Christon "David Hasselhoff".

Only if there's footage of a drunken Shameka Christon eating a cheeseburger off a floor, just like David has. Razz

And does she run in slo-mo too? Wink

No, but I caught her singing this "I've been lookin' for freedom, I've been lookin' so long, I've been lookin' for freedom, Still the search goes on".

We have to learn to read between the lines!
FFO was gonna trade Christon all along...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: