Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
DTP wrote:
And New York wasn't getting Cappie without them.

Yes they would! Phoenix had no choice. Cappie wasn't going to sign with them and they wouldn't sign TJ or PFT while she didn't sign.
That's what you don't understand. You keep getting beaten over the head with the same information yet you keep making the same post over and over again.

We still don't know that...I haven't heard Cappie come out and clear cut say its NY or I'm sitting out...and even if that was the case, come May her mind could have changed. NY would be stupid to sit back and try to play hard ball and then possible lose out on getting a great player. When something like Cappie Pondexter falls into your lap, you take it quickly before the player or team changes their mind.

And by that time, Phoenix still has cap trouble, or they have lost either Temeka Johnson, Penny Taylor, or both. And you've chosen to ignore that Chicago's back was also against the wall, because Dupree has wanted out for a while now.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
DTP wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
DTP wrote:

Yes they would! Phoenix had no choice. Cappie wasn't going to sign with them and they wouldn't sign TJ or PFT while she didn't sign.
That's what you don't understand. You keep getting beaten over the head with the same information yet you keep making the same post over and over again.

We still don't know that...I haven't heard Cappie come out and clear cut say its NY or I'm sitting out...and even if that was the case, come May her mind could have changed. NY would be stupid to sit back and try to play hard ball and then possible lose out on getting a great player. When something like Cappie Pondexter falls into your lap, you take it quickly before the player or team changes their mind.

And by that time, Phoenix still has cap trouble, or they have lost either Temeka Johnson, Penny Taylor, or both. And you've chosen to ignore that Chicago's back was also against the wall, because Dupree has wanted out for a while now.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm just saying if someone as good as Cappie wants to come to my team, I'm not going to sit back and throw low ball offers...I'm gonna take it and run while its still there.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
As for the upset Liberty fans...umm newsflash, to get a little you have to receive a little

I agree 100%. You make an excellent point there, DTP.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Confused

Last edited by SkyBull on 07/17/10 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
CRASH

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
DTP wrote:
As for the upset Liberty fans...umm newsflash, to get a little you have to receive a little

hahahahaha

You'll have to excuse DTP, he's used to SFO!!!!!
He has no understanding of FFO!!!

Luuuc wrote:
DTP wrote:

Embarassed Laughing You know what I meant!

cherrystreet

Are you guys saying that Tan is getting traded because of the funny I put about her tweet or has someone heard that also.

DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
DTP wrote:

hahahahaha

The adjustment is so hard...

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
CRASH wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
DTP wrote:

hahahahaha

The adjustment is so hard...

I understand. Wink

PostPosted: 03/28/10 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
DTP wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
DTP wrote:

Or they could have resigned Cappie and TJ and Penny could have been the one to choose a summer off...it's not like that has never happened before Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/10 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
Are you guys saying that Tan is getting traded because of the funny I put about her tweet or has someone heard that also.

Beeball from the What's with the Christon/Chicago rumors thread. Also, someone else might have mention it as Tan Smith might be involve in the trade.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=56393&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=9b9d062df6709ca8708d31c652bed95a

Quote:
Not sure about a 4th team, but it sounds like Kraayveld is included as well. Phoenix had to part with Smith, Ohlde or Mazzante in order to bring in Dupree and now keep Johnson, I believe.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/28/10 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
OK i read this in the other thread and since I'm also a fan of Kray it has to be

Phx get Dupree and Kray
Chi get Christon and Tan Smith
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz (I think NY should get more, but I'm not sure)

Wow I'm away a few days and miss out on all this fun (?)

It looks like Chi comes out the best in this one. Maybe NY gets Chi's draft pick? I'm wondering in this scenario what is NY's starting lineup. Are we planning to start Vaughn or Jackson? If so even having Cappie won't make up for that big hole in the post - even if one or both of them have improved quite a bit. And if we thought our post defense was bad, it just got a whole lot worse. I would rather we got Cappie and Ohlde. At least then we would have a post who could play some minutes rather than another player to compete with Spencer in warming the end of the bench. BTW: does anyone know if Spencer has any kind of guarantee? Can we just dump her? Or maybe we get to give her away as part of this deal. Now if we got Chi's pick and could get Appel, that would make it a whole lot better.

caune

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hey Merc fans...if somthing goes down today before 5 pm text me, I'll be locked in a classroom from 10 to 5 and you know I hate to be outta the loop Laughing

PostPosted: 03/29/10 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
DTP wrote:

And what happens if Cappie doesn't sign?

If someoen makes her an offer, we match it. Then go sign PFT. so what if she doesn't play. We can make it tough on her. Phoenix could keep Cappie out of the WNBA if they'd like.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

If someoen makes her an offer, we match it. Then go sign PFT. so what if she doesn't play. We can make it tough on her. Phoenix could keep Cappie out of the WNBA if they'd like.

Oh come on, this was the point, reiterated many times. If Cappie didn't sign anywhere then you couldn't sign Taylor and TJ. If she remained unsigned, and you signed those two, you'd no longer have the cap room to match an offer to Pondexter. She could just sign an offer sheet somewhere and Phoenix wouldn't be able to do anything about it. She'd walk for nothing. You can only match an offer sheet if you have room to do so under the salary cap.

That's why they had to get something done with Cappie. They couldn't just keep $99,000-worth of cap space indefinitely. That's the main part of why BCBG's been so pissed over the last however many pages of this thread - the situation was Rock:Mercury:Hard place, and based on the current rumours it looks like Blaze just picked up the rock and shoved it out of the way for them.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/29/10 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this theoretically possible?

-Cappie has told PHX she would also welcome a trade to CHI to go to her hometown

-CHI, while they would value having Cappie, has more a need for a SF and also needs a PF to replace Dupree if she is dealt

-Hence NY's involvement with Christon and Kraay

-BUT, if NY's offer was not otherwise good enough, then Chicago could deal for Cappie directly and then work out a trade for a SF and/or PF...or get Ohlde with Cappie from PHX? Or use a draft choice on what they might need? Or deal Perkins/Toliver being that they would have Cappie?

Whatever possible combo of this, it could be that this type of situation has lessened NY's position of power. I'm not there so I don't know. But I find it real difficult to believe that NY is going to grossly overpay (if they are) simply out of Blaze's loyalty to AMD. And yeah, I can't stand Blaze. But I would have to think Blaze's loyalty to AMD is not the predominant force at work here. Unless of course somebody has direct inside evidence to the contrary. But until that time, it's still all speculation.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 03/29/10 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/29/10 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, if she was willing to play somewhere else, that definitely changes all the equations and the balance of power in this whole situation. No idea whether that was the case or not.

caune

PostPosted: 03/29/10 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Oh come on, this was the point, reiterated many times. If Cappie didn't sign anywhere then you couldn't sign Taylor and TJ. If she remained unsigned, and you signed those two, you'd no longer have the cap room to match an offer to Pondexter. She could just sign an offer sheet somewhere and Phoenix wouldn't be able to do anything about it. She'd walk for nothing. You can only match an offer sheet if you have room to do so under the salary cap.

That's why they had to get something done with Cappie. They couldn't just keep $99,000-worth of cap space indefinitely. That's the main part of why BCBG's been so pissed over the last however many pages of this thread - the situation was Rock:Mercury:Hard place, and based on the current rumours it looks like Blaze just picked up the rock and shoved it out of the way for them.

Although Cappie is demanding a trade for apparently "business reasons" ie. she has a business now in New York she wants to make a go of, maybe she has enough love left for the Merc to say she won't walk for nothing? Something must be stopping all the other teams from giving her an offer sheet, no? So would it be made public if someone offered her an offer sheet? So many variables don't add up at this point I'm just askin'

Penny hasn't been cored so theoritically they don't have to pay her the max, right? Maybe they are negotiating with her for something other than max? Not fair to penny but a little bit feasible.
And as so many people keep saying, the Merc can do without TJ...although I personally don't believe that. But than Cappie and Penny can get their money, no?

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Although Cappie is demanding a trade for apparently "business reasons" ie. she has a business now in New York she wants to make a go of, maybe she has enough love left for the Merc to say she won't walk for nothing? Something must be stopping all the other teams from giving her an offer sheet, no? So would it be made public if someone offered her an offer sheet? So many variables don't add up at this point I'm just askin'

A lot of teams either have room for a max offer sheet, or have means to create the room if the player involved was worth it. Say Phoenix had used all their cap room, and Cappie wanted to go to New York but the Libs didn't have the room. They can phone up every other team in the league with overpaying offers just to dump salary. Something like Powell for Toliver, or Kraayeveld for Ashley Walker, or whatever. Then they sign Cappie to the offer sheet and they're golden.

The almost certain reason why Cappie hasn't signed an offer sheet is because she knows, and every other team knows, that the Mercury would match it. So there's not really any point offering it (and there's no real reason why we would've heard of the offer if it'd been made anyway).

caune wrote:
Penny hasn't been cored so theoritically they don't have to pay her the max, right? Maybe they are negotiating with her for something other than max? Not fair to penny but a little bit feasible.
And as so many people keep saying, the Merc can do without TJ...although I personally don't believe that. But than Cappie and Penny can get their money, no?

Yep, they can pay Taylor anything from the vet minimum to the max. And yes, if they were willing to let TJ walk for nothing then they could keep their bargaining position for Cappie by retaining the cap space. I don't think anyone wanted to see that play out though, because eventually Johnson would've decided 'screw this' and signed with someone else, leaving the Merc to likely lose both TJ and Cappie for 2010 with no compensation.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

She could have turned down offers from other teams, because as it has been mentioned here it is New York or nothing, so if she turns down an offer from the all the other 10 teams in the league, that doesn't seem something worth reporting.

The _____ of the WNBA offered Cappie Pondexter an offer sheet, but she declined. (insert any team not the Liberty or Mercury), that doesn't sound very news worthy.

gpark33

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:
Is this theoretically possible?

-Cappie has told PHX she would also welcome a trade to CHI to go to her hometown

-CHI, while they would value having Cappie, has more a need for a SF and also needs a PF to replace Dupree if she is dealt

-Hence NY's involvement with Christon and Kraay

-BUT, if NY's offer was not otherwise good enough, then Chicago could deal for Cappie directly and then work out a trade for a SF and/or PF...or get Ohlde with Cappie from PHX? Or use a draft choice on what they might need? Or deal Perkins/Toliver being that they would have Cappie?

Whatever possible combo of this, it could be that this type of situation has lessened NY's position of power. I'm not there so I don't know. But I find it real difficult to believe that NY is going to grossly overpay (if they are) simply out of Blaze's loyalty to AMD. And yeah, I can't stand Blaze. But I would have to think Blaze's loyalty to AMD is not the predominant force at work here. Unless of course somebody has direct inside evidence to the contrary. But until that time, it's still all speculation.

This (but in a much more elementary form) is what I've been speculating in the "what made Blaze blink?" questioning. That's the only way I can see NY needing to make the 1st move and give up more.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard the trade IS going to happen. Probably Thursday.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:

Any chance you can fill us in as in what exactly the trade is, O Mighty CB? Wink

PostPosted: 03/29/10 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
CB wrote:

Any chance you can fill us in as in what exactly the trade is, O Mighty CB? Wink

Or maybe just which teams are involved. Wink

JumpMan23

PostPosted: 03/29/10 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or just the players; we'll figure out which teams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: