RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think everyone knows that Christon is better than Powell, and it seems like the GMs have discovered that as well.

Mathies to LA 2013
DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

OK since we won't hear until draft day here's my latest guess

Chicago gets Loree Moore and Shameka Christon
Phx. gets Dupree and #4 (pending it being Prince, based on DT quote about her being an immediate impact player) or Toliver
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

You got to be kidding me, the Sky give up Dupree and the #4 pick and all they get back is Moore and Christon, no way Jose. I don't think the #4 pick or Moore is involve in the trade but I do think Tangela Smith and Shameka Christon are moving to Chicago.

lol I have to agree. To me, if I'm a Sky fan (which I was becoming when Dupree was on the team) I rather have Dupree over Christon....I feel like NY gets the best out of that in a head to head trade there. But to give up the #4 pick..AND have to take Moore? Wtf??? We should be getting a #4 pick, to take Moore.

Btw..just so people won't go around calling me "a fair weather fan or whatever"...I was a Detroit Shock fan. My team got sold, I don't like the way they are doing things in Tulsa...so I decided I'd follow my favorite player and a very nice upcoming team Chicago...notice the avatar. But since it seems like Dupree will be getting traded, not so sure now about Chicago. Being called a fair weather fan really pisses me off though.

Last edited by DTP on 03/28/10 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back to the discussion....

I wish Shameka could remain a Liberty, but since it looks like it won't happen that way I've gotten over the semi shock of it all and I wish her well. I'll remain a Shameka fan until she's decides to hang up her sneakers, so the team she goes to will have my support as well.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago get Christon and T. Smith
PX gets Dupree, Toliver and Jackson
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

That doesn't seem too bad to me at all but my question is, why would Phoenix involve Smith? Who's going to play center for them? If I'm Phoenix, I'm trying to ship Ohlde to Chicago....not Smith. Nicole can play the 4 right?

DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:
I Just want to make it 100% clear that IT WAS NOT ME WHO DID THAT, it's not my style. I don't blame Cappie, hell I haven't even written to the Liberty on there about this. I have not commented on the Liberty and this trade anywhere but here, and that's no lie!

Well that's good to hear...still don't like you, though.

Feeling is mutual...

I just wanted to throw out I don't like you either....ya know, just so ya know.

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

Not as long as you (or anyone) has DNP-CD coming to PHX!

AMD is gaining cap space to keep TJ.
Why would the Merc need (much less want) Toliver? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I think everyone knows that Christon is better than Powell, and it seems like the GMs have discovered that as well.

Thank you, no, really, thank you. That's the only point I am trying to make. If we needed to trade an SF or even a max contract (which we did need), it had to be Powell or Kraayeveld, but FFO is always a good friend to her close buddies Penny Toler and AMD. Too bad the feeling isn't mutual. But I'll hold out for the "official" announcement before the Christon jersey can be yet another FOAV memento to go along with the Tari, Nova and Becky jerseys.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

That doesn't seem too bad to me at all but my question is, why would Phoenix involve Smith? Who's going to play center for them? If I'm Phoenix, I'm trying to ship Ohlde to Chicago....not Smith. Nicole can play the 4 right?

Yeah I don't see the merc giving up their center, and she isn't even a real center except in our system, unless we get the #4 and they know Appel is dropping to that spot although I don't think she fits our system Confused
......but I do know Tan LOVES to sleep in her own bed when in Chicago and if it would make her happy I respecyt her a ton and want her to be happy sooooo.......nothin' would shock me at this point, not in this league Laughing

Last edited by caune on 03/28/10 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But isn't it Chicago who is demanding Christon?

DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Thank you, no, really, thank you. That's the only point I am trying to make. If we needed to trade an SF or even a max contract (which we did need), it had to be Powell or Kraayeveld, but FFO is always a good friend to her close buddies Penny Toler and AMD. Too bad the feeling isn't mutual. But I'll hold out for the "official" announcement before the Christon jersey can be yet another FOAV memento to go along with the Tari, Nova and Becky jerseys.

I may be wrong, and bballfan correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the point was that GMs involved in the deal wanted Christon over Powell....everyone knows Christon is the better overall package over Powell. That's why Christon is involved in the deal....because she has to be for the deal to get done. You can't make a team take Powell or Kraay when they don't want them.

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

My guess? Cap space.

I don't really have any idea either way why Tangela is being included. Chicago needs someone to "replace" Dupree? Maybe she asked to be traded to Chicago because she knows Phoenix needs to make a move, and she was willing to go home?

I don't know.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:

Phoenix recruited Chicago, we didn't. Neither had any leverage we didn't give them. A deal wasn't going to down between the two of them without the Liberty.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
DTP wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

My guess? Cap space.

I don't really have any idea either way why Tangela is being included. Chicago needs someone to "replace" Dupree? Maybe she asked to be traded to Chicago because she knows Phoenix needs to make a move, and she was willing to go home?

I don't know.

Dealing Ohlde would give them cap relief too though.. And maybe its just me but I'd like Ohlde over Smith, if I'm Chicago. But then again, Key is an idiot...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

I may be wrong, and bballfan correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the point was that GMs involved in the deal wanted Christon over Powell....everyone knows Christon is the better overall package over Powell. That's why Christon is involved in the deal....because she has to be for the deal to get done. You can't make a team take Powell or Kraay when they don't want them.

We didn't need Chicago, Phoenix did, a deal wouldn't happen if NY wasn't involved, therefore it was up to NY to dictate who was or wasn't available.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
LibWNBAFan wrote:

Phoenix recruited Chicago, we didn't. Neither had any leverage we didn't give them. A deal wasn't going to down between the two of them without the Liberty.

And New York wasn't getting Cappie without them. Its not like NY isn't getting anything in this deal.... they pretty much turn Christon into Cappie and Powell. Not in one deal but over the course of the off season... Any deal, no matter who recruited who, is a two way street.

Last edited by DTP on 03/28/10 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
And maybe its just me but I'd like Ohlde over Smith, if I'm Chicago. But then again, Key is an idiot...

I think it is just you; Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ohlde

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
braveniler58 wrote:
DTP wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

My guess? Cap space.

I don't know.

Dealing Ohlde would give them cap relief too though.. And maybe its just me but I'd like Ohlde over Smith, if I'm Chicago. But then again, Key is an idiot...

And why would you want Ohlde over Smith?

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
LibWNBAFan wrote:

It seems also like a deal wasn't happening between NY and PHX without CHI's involvement.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
And New York wasn't getting Cappie without them.

Yes they would! Phoenix had no choice. Cappie wasn't going to sign with them and they wouldn't sign TJ or PFT while she didn't sign.
That's what you don't understand. You keep getting beaten over the head with the same information yet you keep making the same post over and over again.

DTP wrote:
braveniler58 wrote:
DTP wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz

Getting Closer?

My guess? Cap space.

I don't know.

I'm guessing the Sky might want Tangela Smith because she is originally from Chicago and a better player than Ohlde.

Queenie

Both Phoenix and Chicago's backs were against the wall with stars who threatened to sit out, Pondexter and Dupree. In that situation, half a loaf is better than none; the Liberty are under no obligation to play nice and give the Merc or the Sky the entire loaf when the other option is for the Sky to lose Dupree for nothing and the Merc to not only lose Pondexter for nothing, but run the risk of losing Temeka Johnson or Penny Taylor because they had to commit $ to Pondexter.

Why can Blaze be a hard-core, unrelenting asshole to fans but not to other GMs?

I don't know, for some reason I like Ohlde's game. I look at her numbers she put up in Minnesota, when she was healthy and getting starting minutes..and I don't see why many people dislike her. Apparently its just me though...seeing something that everyone else don't...

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK i read this in the other thread and since I'm also a fan of Kray it has to be

Phx get Dupree and Kray
Chi get Christon and Tan Smith
Ny gets Cappie and Mazz (I think NY should get more, but I'm not sure)

DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
DTP wrote:
And New York wasn't getting Cappie without them.

Yes they would! Phoenix had no choice. Cappie wasn't going to sign with them and they wouldn't sign TJ or PFT while she didn't sign.
That's what you don't understand. You keep getting beaten over the head with the same information yet you keep making the same post over and over again.

We still don't know that...I haven't heard Cappie come out and clear cut say its NY or I'm sitting out...and even if that was the case, come May her mind could have changed. NY would be stupid to sit back and try to play hard ball and then possible lose out on getting a great player. When something like Cappie Pondexter falls into your lap, you take it quickly before the player or team changes their mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: