Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
appletree wrote:
Cappie will NOT be traded to new york or anywhere! the owners in phoenix will never allow that to happen;

If cappie threatens to sit out--she better realize she will be unemployed--- as there will NOT be a trade

Well, Cap did tweet to someone that "I'mma be playin' this summer" a few days ago, so obviously she knows a deal is close, so i guess the owners did allow it. Whatever, i'll just be glad when it's done so all this speculating can be over Smile

You just can't hear about it until the draft day announcement.

Why?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cause when you're a Liberty fan when it feels this wrong you know it must be right.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

[ETA] Oh, and as for this amusing tangent:
SportsGuru wrote:
Oh, check the record. The Mystics since the drafting of Alana Beard hold the series edge over the Mercury.

You're seriously trying to claim some type of upper hand over us in the Beard-Taurasi era? Laughing That is just one of the saddest things I have read here for a while.
I wish the Mystics some success soon, so that their fans can take some genuine pride in the team's on-court achievements and not have to resort to embarrassing attempts like the above.

You're not denying that since 2004 the Mystics own the Mystics/Mercury series ? Laughing

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I'm still on a high from that UK/WVU game, I'll go ahead and apologize for derailing the thread and going in on Str8_Butta. I can certainly understand the frustrations on behalf of the Meka fans, as she embodied what one would want from a star player--poise, humility, incredible playing ability. If this does go down, she'll be missed. But that doesn't mean you should ride Cappie's goat. She isn't the one who called for Christon to be traded. Blaze did.

Mathies to LA 2013
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I apologize too, but not to you... Wink

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
You're not denying that since 2004 the Mystics own the Mystics/Mercury series ? Laughing

I'm not denying anything of the sort. I don't know the numbers, but if you say Washington has the head-to-head edge over that period then I could certainly believe it. **

All I'm saying is that it's kind of a pathetic thing to have to hang your hat on, and it's definitely not something that I would personally be boasting about if my team was the one that hadn't done any playoff damage while the other team had won 2 titles during the period in question.

** [ETA] Although I would look it up for myself if it actually mattered to me, since it seems that your other claim of ...
SportsGuru wrote:
It could be 5 but I count the Mystics making the playoffs 4 times since Alana was drafted by the team
... appears to be nothing but wishful thinking on your part.
Perhaps you could remind me, SportsGuru, which 4 or 5 seasons they were.

PostPosted: 03/27/10 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, now that I've finished movie night, I can get back to this. Laughing
Let's say Phoenix threatened NY with Chicago's offer (again, all conjecture at this point for all purposes). I would call it. Seriously, let them work something out if they must because:
1. two of their star players made it clear they do not want to stay with their current franchises and made their preferred destination known (and neither was Chicago or Phoenix),
2. I'm in no hurry to do anything, worst case scenario I have everyone signed for this season, I'm under the cap, I have some wiggling room if I choose to do anything. If I suck, there's the M Train in the end of the tunnel.
So by that logic BOTH Phoenix and Chicago were weakened in their bargaining positions and NY would be stupid to give in to any pressure because, and I don't know how many times this will have to be repeated here, THEY need to hurry, not NY. Chicago is pretty much screwed in every department, Phoenix is coming from a successful season and is a healthy franchise, but why would Cappie be unhappy there with all that going for them? Doesn't that raise a red flag on either the franchise or the player?
So if anything, NY caved in to demands that had no business being made, they gave Phoenix and Chicago whatever leverage they wanted (and this was the best definition I saw thrown around).
If you want to be successful, pros/cons analysis is a very basic thing to do. They didn't do it or they would have found that trading away a building block doesn't make a franchise better.
You are basically just adding more pressure to a franchise already under the microscope.
In short, if Christon (and more people) are involved in deals, the long term goals of the franchise were compromised.
You'd think Isiah Thomas hijacked the Liberty. I mean, Blaze wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with, but this past couple of years she's been riding the short bus.

PostPosted: 03/27/10 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Because Moore's basically stunk for at least two years but Chicago still needs a point guard, preferably one with size.

Moore's a better passer than Canty, but she's also more turnover prone; and Moore can at least hit some threes, but Canty's still the better scorer. Actually, the two are about as similar as two players could possibly be in overall production, and both are obviously guards who happen to have the same physique. In other words, absolutely no improvement.

shontay33

PostPosted: 03/27/10 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just read cappie's twitter page and she was upset that some fan totally dissed her. I just wanted to know where is the actual proof that Cappie wanted to be traded because she did not say that on twitter or anywhere else. People have to understand that business is busines. Obivously she takes this to heart. We need to remember that she is arestricted free agent and that if NY or any other team then phoenix has to match the offer. Phoenix does not want cappie to go to another team but they might not be able to match the offers of other teams. Can somebody please prove that cappie wants a trade. Or like someone said earlier she should speak about this issue even though she is probably advised not to by her agentm

SuziQ

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Just read cappie's twitter page and she was upset that some fan totally dissed her. I just wanted to know where is the actual proof that Cappie wanted to be traded because she did not say that on twitter or anywhere else. People have to understand that business is busines. Obivously she takes this to heart. We need to remember that she is arestricted free agent and that if NY or any other team then phoenix has to match the offer. Phoenix does not want cappie to go to another team but they might not be able to match the offers of other teams. Can somebody please prove that cappie wants a trade. Or like someone said earlier she should speak about this issue even though she is probably advised not to by her agentm

-------
I'm with you. Who has PROOF that Cappie "demanded" a trade? All this is just so much rumor, speculation and innuendo. It's unfairly damaging the reputation of a player who, by all she has done and accomplished, has shown she is nothing if not a team player.

I still think it's a matter of Cappie, in discussions w/ AMD over her plans for the year, saying she'd go to NY if - IF - AMD were to need to trade her. But then again, I'm just speculating here myself. Here's one thing of which I'm certain - if Cappie leaves, I'll miss her, miss her hard.

And dear grasping-at-straws Mystics fan: hoisting silver sure took the sting outta all those regular season losses to Washington. It's a nice consolation prize, wouldn't you say?

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

hot damn! ROTFLMAO! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:

-------
I'm with you. Who has PROOF that Cappie "demanded" a trade? All this is just so much rumor, speculation and innuendo. It's unfairly damaging the reputation of a player who, by all she has done and accomplished, has shown she is nothing if not a team player.

I still think it's a matter of Cappie, in discussions w/ AMD over her plans for the year, saying she'd go to NY if - IF - AMD were to need to trade her. But then again, I'm just speculating here myself. Here's one thing of which I'm certain - if Cappie leaves, I'll miss her, miss her hard.

And dear grasping-at-straws Mystics fan: hoisting silver sure took the sting outta all those regular season losses to Washington. It's a nice consolation prize, wouldn't you say?

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

hot damn! ROTFLMAO! Laughing Laughing

Some friends and I actually purchased a shirt with that image on it during a road trip and gave it to "Little D" to give to DT. Wonder if she got it/wore it/ liked it?

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
CB

PostPosted: 03/28/10 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. As I said, from what I heard, it appears to be 3-way trade, not 4. Guru is correct.

2. Some stupid *ss fan going off on Pondexter's twitter? Sad Just delete stuff like that and not even respond imo.

3. Laughing Okay, I officially feel for Blaze. She cannot make the fans happy no matter what she does. Getting Pondexter is great for NY. Yes you have to sacrifice sometimes and yes the team would be even better if you didn't have to give someone up. Rolling Eyes I personally think they will look good this summer. It's my opinion the players, not Christon, lacked motivation last season and hopefully that will change now.

I don't know all the details. I'll be Surprised if she gave up the 2011 1st round draft pick along with what I've been told they give up though. All in all, just getting Pondexter is a victory imo.

beeball wrote:
Christon has every right to be "pissed" as she has stated on Twitter. Going from one poorly run franchise to another. Cappie gets her wish. Dupree gets part of her wish. Winner: Phoenix. Apparently there are additional pieces involved, not sure who they are as of now. Hey Lib fans, this is a pretty good consolation for giving up your first round 2010 draft pick right?

There is/are additional piece(s). I agree that what was probably a difficult position for AMD has her making the best of it. And yes, the cap problem is taken care of. Laughing D*mn her. Wink

Looking at the WNBA draft announcement, I don't see that Liberty has a 1st round 2010 draft pick. Question Typo or clue? Wink

LibWNBAFan wrote:
...doesn't mean Phoenix will just give Cappie away. I think we're real lucky just to get this.

I agree, and from what I have gathered over time, it took getting the 3rd team involved to get anything done so...I'd count my blessings personally.

I still don't know about draft picks, however, and beeball's post has me a little concerned. Mad Laughing

(edit: added the word "been" to the sentence about 1st round draft pick.)

Last edited by CB on 03/28/10 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/28/10 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
I still don't know about draft picks, however, and beeball's post has me a little concerned. Mad Laughing

Beeball was just referencing the pick they have already given up though, right? I don't think there was any extra inference intended in that.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:

I have the word of a person associated with another team who I respect.
If they say Cappie demanded a trade I believe it

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
CB wrote:

Beeball was just referencing the pick they have already given up though, right? I don't think there was any extra inference intended in that.

Oh okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess:
Phoenix trades Pondexter (and Ohlde or Bonner) to New York
Phoenix trades Mazzante (and Ohlde or Bonner) to Chicago
New York trades Christon and 2011 1st-Rd Draft Pick (or Jackson) to Chicago
Chicago trades Dupree and Toliver to Phoenix

boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

appletree wrote:
Cappie will NOT be traded to new york or anywhere! the owners in phoenix will never allow that to happen;

If cappie threatens to sit out--she better realize she will be unemployed--- as there will NOT be a trade

Laughing Laughing Laughing

And the possibility of Cappie to NY?! Shocked

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
caune

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
My guess:

Only the rumor is Dupree is demanding washington
and Bonner ain't going anywhere because she's on a rookie contract Laughing
Phoenix needs those types bad atm. It would have to be Oldhe or Mazz because of their over inflated contracts

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
My guess:

Is this your educated guess, info from a source, or a combo of both? This certainly would make things more involved and frightening from an NY view.

Here is the combo of those players that would work for me selfishly as a Lib fan:

Phoenix receives: Dupree, Toliver, Jackson, NY 1st

NY receives: Cappie and Bonner

Chicago receives: Christon, Ohlde and Mazzante

or

NY receives: Same

Phoenix receives: Dupree, Toliver and Jackson

Chicago receives: Christon, Ohlde, Mazz, NY 1st

In the first deal, Phoenix and NY make out well (well PHX does ok, while NY makes out) while Chicago gets the short end.

In the second deal, Chicago and NY make out well while Phoenix gets killed.

Then there's this:

NY receives: Cappie, Ohlde

PHX receives: Dupree, Toliver, Jackson, NY 1st

CHI receives: Mazz, Christon, Bonner

I hope that is not it b/c that would be too much. If NY is yielding anything involving the 1st with or without Jackson, then emphatically Powell needs to be the one involved in the deal.

Also, I would be shocked if Phoenix traded Bonner as well as Cappie. Bonner's addition is what really helped them prior to Taylor's return when you compare them to the '08 team. Could she really be involved?

caune

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:

Also, I would be shocked if Phoenix traded Bonner as well as Cappie. Bonner's addition is what really helped them prior to Taylor's return when you compare them to the '08 team. Could she really be involved?

LOL, I myself was wondering how Bonner got involved in all this.
She's on a rookie salary so my guess is behind Diana she is the last person they'd trade!

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On facebook, yet another cappie related rumor with an Alana twist :

Quote:
I love the player who wants to leave but Honey if you can bring Alana Beard to Phoenix I will be happy as a clam with a beer chaser!

Personally, no else can replace Cappie in my heart for me, not even Alana.......

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After 21 pages, it sums up something like this:

Cappie will go to NY.

PHX will get something good in return and some cap space.

Another team (besides PHX and NY) is involved.

Other players involved MAY be Christon, Dupree, Beard, Mazzante, Oldhe, 2010 or 2011 draft picks.

Chicago or Washington may be the third team involved.

CB has good info and discloses just enough to keep sources and Rebkellians fairly happy.

Some posters get too worked up. Others make good sense and have good info/sources (i.e. richy and caune).

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since you guys are so into twitter postings maybe Tan Smith is trying to help usher Cappie to the Liberty with a postive spin from the daily love: She retweeted my leaving is not because im against you but because I am for me. Maybe she is trying to explain Cap's reasoning. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: