RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuziQ

PostPosted: 02/27/10 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fantasy thought:
Mazz leaves to take an asst job @ Penn St. Sorry, Mazz, but you hurt us more than help us these days.

Would that give us enough space to sign Cappie, PFT and 'Meek?

I'm still hoping that AMD finds a way to keep her and 'Meek, though. Yeah, maybe wishful thinking, but you gotta figure that's what she'd like if there were any way possible.

In Annie I trust. It's all I got. At least she's shown herself (sans Mazz overpay) to be a pretty solid GM. I still think Ohlde will pay off, given a healthy start.

I don't want Cappie to leave if she don't hafta. We love her here - despite what some may think.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Sky are the position to draft Moore it means that dumbass Key has eff'd again and cost them a chance of making the playoffs. That would mean that the Sky's front office really don't know wat they are doing.
dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/28/10 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a feeling that Maya Moore will end up in San Antonio next season.. They just aren't looking too great

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/28/10 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
I have a feeling that Maya Moore will end up in San Antonio next season.. They just aren't looking too great

Tulsa Shock

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/28/10 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Ex-NY Knicks GM Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas used to do the exact same thing... Chief Leak it out that some star player only wants to play in NY as a way to get them traded to the Knicks for pennies on the dollar. Razz

Given the track record of those two guys, the statement should be in reverse -- that they gave up dollars and got players worth pennies.

No shit, of all the examples he could've used...even Bernie Madoff would've been more credible.
I suppose we sit and wait and then later realize this was just a smoke screen to give Phoenix time to do what it needs to do, which is let Johnson/Willingham walk for nothing and re-sign its stars.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Ex-NY Knicks GM Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas used to do the exact same thing... Chief Leak it out that some star player only wants to play in NY as a way to get them traded to the Knicks for pennies on the dollar. Razz

Given the track record of those two guys, the statement should be in reverse -- that they gave up dollars and got players worth pennies.

No shit, of all the examples he could've used...even Bernie Madoff would've been more credible.
I suppose we sit and wait and then later realize this was just a smoke screen to give Phoenix time to do what it needs to do, which is let Johnson/Willingham walk for nothing and re-sign its stars.

So maybe they should just go after Temeka Johnson.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

So maybe they should just go after Temeka Johnson.

No money to sign Johnson unless someone gets traded/bought out. Same shitty situation as the Merc's, with the fine exception that we're not talking about re-signing our "superstars".

PostPosted: 02/28/10 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

No money to sign Johnson unless someone gets traded/bought out. Same shitty situation as the Merc's, with the fine exception that we're not talking about re-signing our "superstars".

Seriously?

Loree, Nicole, Shameka, Kraay, Janel ... oh. I see.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Seriously?

Loree, Nicole, Shameka, Kraay, Janel ... oh. I see.

Which does mean they could pay her more than Phoenix, at least (admittedly not saying much seeing as the Merc can't even pay her the vet minimum). But possibly not enough to actually get her to sign an offer sheet.

I'm not convinced of the value of TJ for New York anyway. In their system I'd expect her to regress towards her previous state rather than the version we saw in Phoenix last season. That's not worth the money (unless someone, like say Marynell Meadors, wants to simultaneously overpay for Moore).

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/28/10 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She needs to play in an up-tempo style, NY doesn't know what transition is (offense or defense). She's a very decent shooter though and we could use offense, ANY offense, from the PG position.
I do actually think she'd do great in Atlanta's style of offense.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington was one of the slower-paced teams in 2005 and that was TJ's best season.

shontay33

PostPosted: 02/28/10 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beeball wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Love the speculatin but cappie in NYC makes no sense when she can go to CHI and be the star. CHI has the pieces to complement her. Also she was a star there in highschool and might be a big draw because she is so well known. CHI has the money to sign her and not have to give up anything.

Why would any player want to play for Chicago when some players they have don't want to play there?

Is this a factual statement from the players that they don't want to play there if so please post a direct staement from the players. Reall if they don't wanna play there then that is them. That has nothing to do with any other players who might want to play for CHI for whatever reason they have. I'm sure players have personal and business preferences where they wanna play but in the end its all about money.

beeball

PostPosted: 02/28/10 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
beeball wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Love the speculatin but cappie in NYC makes no sense when she can go to CHI and be the star. CHI has the pieces to complement her. Also she was a star there in highschool and might be a big draw because she is so well known. CHI has the money to sign her and not have to give up anything.

Why would any player want to play for Chicago when some players they have don't want to play there?

Is this a factual statement from the players that they don't want to play there if so please post a direct staement from the players. Reall if they don't wanna play there then that is them. That has nothing to do with any other players who might want to play for CHI for whatever reason they have. I'm sure players have personal and business preferences where they wanna play but in the end its all about money.

None of the top FA's this year mentioned Chicago as an option. Secondly, a rookie, albeit a perceived spoiled brat, asked for a trade which is was strange enough considering that when she played, she typically put up numbers. Third, their "star" player wanted out a couple of years ago during the Overton/early Key years. And lastly, I have heard maybe one person on this board say anything complimentary about him.

I stand by what I say. Chicago sucks.

beeball

PostPosted: 02/28/10 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Cappie wanting out of Phoenix has nothing to do with money. She would have gotten her max. It has everything to do with personal preference.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/28/10 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JumpMan23 wrote:
Washington was one of the slower-paced teams in 2005 and that was TJ's best season.

Might want to re-think that...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/28/10 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
JumpMan23 wrote:

Her numbers look just about the same across the board in those two seasons.
I don't particularly recall what system the Mystics ran that season because they didn't even make the playoffs, so it was certainly less than remarkable.
What I do remember is that she thrived in the open-court and in an up-tempo style last year for the champs and proved to be a key component of their system.
Atlanta desperately needs someone with her court vision, so I think they'd be a great fit for her.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta should have given Temeka Johnson a call weeks ago. Instead, they sign Erica White.

Mad

Mathies to LA 2013
dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/28/10 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erica white is good !!! But she's definitely not temeka Johnson..

JumpMan23

PostPosted: 02/28/10 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you put up great numbers when you play but do not play very often, and the players getting minutes over you put up below-average to terrible numbers, then I think asking for a change of scenery is well within reason.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

No, I stand by it. Pace can heavily influence a player's per game statistics (more possessions equals more chances for points, assists, rebounds, etc.). The 2009 Mercury played at a much faster pace than the 2005 Mystics, making it easier for TJ to accumulate those per game numbers, which are nearly the same as those in 2005 anyway. Regardless, that's missing the point. The point is that TJ has done very well on a team that didn't play anywhere near a blistering pace in the past.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/28/10 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me, 2009 was her best season. If you're going to argue "pace of game = more possessions" then I would argue that she is improved because despite the extra possessions, her turnovers were down while her assist/turnover ratio remained virtually identical, and her true field goal percentage was way up. So was her ring finger bling.

Nevertheless, she still gets major credit from me for 2005 as well.
Anyone the can create 5 assists per game with only Mystics players as teammates is doing a great job Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 02/28/10 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just for the sake of discussion, Johnson compiled a better PER in her first season with Los Angeles (2006) than last year, as well...

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 02/28/10 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beeball wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
beeball wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

None of the top FA's this year mentioned Chicago as an option. Secondly, a rookie, albeit a perceived spoiled brat, asked for a trade which is was strange enough considering that when she played, she typically put up numbers. Third, their "star" player wanted out a couple of years ago during the Overton/early Key years. And lastly, I have heard maybe one person on this board say anything complimentary about him.

Wow, harsh statement re: Chicago. Us Sky fans really need to increase our presence on this board just so that everyone stops thinking that the Sky are a joke and have no fans. Sure, the coaching situation is less than stellar but, imo, Chicago -- as a team, organization and fanbase -- doesn't suck.

The whole "Toliver asking for a trade" thing is overblown. The whole thing about Dupree wanting out was just an unsubstantiated internet rumor. Top free agents not mentioning Chicago? You're probably referring to Lawson, Maiga Ba, Willingham and Penichiero, right? I remember a lot of people speculating as to where some of them might go, but I don't remember any of them publicly coming out with a list of teams they were considering. Even if they did, perhaps these players simply weren't pursued by the Sky and therefore had no reason to mention the Sky. With regards to the rest of the top unsigned FA's, have any of them mentioned specific teams they are considering (...other than re-signing with their current teams)? Yeah, we all know what Katie Smith said, but she also didn't name specifics.

Anyway, I'm sure Cappie would like to play in her hometown at some point, but if this whole "trade demand" thing really happened, it seems like there is probably a very specific reason why Cappie wants to be in NYC (business ventures, endorsements, etc). It likely has very little to do with her undying love for the NY Liberty as a team or as an organization. Therefore, using Cappie's desire to play in NYC to bash Chicago really isn't fair.

PostPosted: 02/28/10 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
Top free agents not mentioning Chicago? You're probably referring to Lawson, Maiga Ba, Willingham and Penichiero, right? I remember a lot of people speculating as to where some of them might go, but I don't remember any of them publicly coming out with a list of teams they were considering. Even if they did, perhaps these players simply weren't pursued by the Sky and therefore had no reason to mention the Sky.

And you wonder why people think your team/organization sucks?

How many playoff appearances has your team made since it came into existence? Zero. I don't care how "close" they were, either. Technically, Minnesota was close last year despite being awful. However, they actually started building this year's team last year when they were willing to part ways with Quinn in return for a first round pick. You see, their GM isn't sitting on his hands while other teams make moves. Griffith is making moves and getting pretty much what he wants these days DESPITE the team not being much good since 2004 (so they've sucked a lot longer than Chicago has--but not for long, it seems). Key IS sitting around while the rest of the league (except New York) is making moves. You are in NO position to not go after the top FAs in the league, as you can't even field a WNBA-caliber starting five for much of the season.

You can spin it all you'd like, but the truth is out there for those willing to see it. The Sky have little talent outside of the Big Three that they were damn lucky to get. The organization is low rent, and the team has never been any good. Thanks to contraction, I don't see that changing this year. In short, THEY SUCK. You can bring more Sky fans on this board, and everyone will still tell them the same. THE TEAM SUCKS.

And you Sky fans make me sick with your bellyaching regarding DNP-CD's play (or lack thereof) because you're missing the big picture. If you had more talent, you wouldn't need to worry about that shit. You're blaming the right person but for the wrong reason. Tell Key to take his head out of his bum and start reeling in some damn talent.

Mathies to LA 2013
beeball

PostPosted: 02/28/10 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
beeball wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
beeball wrote:
shontay33 wrote:

Wow, harsh statement re: Chicago. Us Sky fans really need to increase our presence on this board just so that everyone stops thinking that the Sky are a joke and have no fans. Sure, the coaching situation is less than stellar but, imo, Chicago -- as a team, organization and fanbase -- doesn't suck.

The whole "Toliver asking for a trade" thing is overblown. The whole thing about Dupree wanting out was just an unsubstantiated internet rumor. Top free agents not mentioning Chicago? You're probably referring to Lawson, Maiga Ba, Willingham and Penichiero, right? I remember a lot of people speculating as to where some of them might go, but I don't remember any of them publicly coming out with a list of teams they were considering. Even if they did, perhaps these players simply weren't pursued by the Sky and therefore had no reason to mention the Sky. With regards to the rest of the top unsigned FA's, have any of them mentioned specific teams they are considering (...other than re-signing with their current teams)? Yeah, we all know what Katie Smith said, but she also didn't name specifics.

Anyway, I'm sure Cappie would like to play in her hometown at some point, but if this whole "trade demand" thing really happened, it seems like there is probably a very specific reason why Cappie wants to be in NYC (business ventures, endorsements, etc). It likely has very little to do with her undying love for the NY Liberty as a team or as an organization. Therefore, using Cappie's desire to play in NYC to bash Chicago really isn't fair.

BBFan beat me to it. Just wait and see. According to my sources, I doubt one or both of the players mentioned above will be playing for the same team they played for last year.

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 03/01/10 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, alrighty then Rolling Eyes. If the consensus on this board is that the Chicago Sky sucks, so be it. I'll be worried about it when you guys are actually able to come up with legit reasons for hating on the Sky -- something other than "uh, your coach sucks, therefore we hate your team, organization and entire fanbase". Lame Rolling Eyes ...as are the rest of your petty gripes against the Sky.

And to bring this back on topic, none of this has anything to do with why Cappie supposedly demanded NYC and not Chicago. All I'm saying is that Cappie's supposed trade demand to NYC should not be used as a reason to take potshots at Chicago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30

Jump to: