RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 02/26/10 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olnezi wrote:
Cappie Pondexter may be a great player, but she is definitely not worth Depree and a draft pick. That slate belongs to such players as Parker or Moore. Cappie is not even in their league. Therefore, only Depree-who is an excellent player as well-is worth Cappie. This would be a fair trade.

And the Dupree thing wouldn't work because isn't she making max?
IF Cappie is traded to Chicago it's all a money thing so it would have to be Big Syl who makes half a max.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Olnezi wrote:
Cappie Pondexter may be a great player, but she is definitely not worth Depree and a draft pick. That slate belongs to such players as Parker or Moore. Cappie is not even in their league. Therefore, only Depree-who is an excellent player as well-is worth Cappie. This would be a fair trade.

IF Cappie is traded to Chicago it's all a money thing so it would have to be Big Syl who makes half a max.

Big Syl & 2011 1st Round Pick & Throw In Toliver & And We Have A Deal lol Embarassed !!

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

13teams1journey wrote:
I'm very much a "see-it-to-believe-it" kind of guy, so I will wait. Now, pardon me while I clutch my personally autographed by Pondexter shirt and pray Smile

Praying won't work, but sending her a book filled with love from the Merc fans might. It worked for us with LJ.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll take Mazzante, we can cut spencer and it'd be a wash.

Unless the PSU and Portland hate is a bigger issue than Spencer's Politics, cuz that could undo any fans Pondexter would bring in. (Portland was a MAJOR thorn in the side of the RU fans in the Grentz era.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
I'll take Mazzante, we can cut spencer and it'd be a wash.

Unless the PSU and Portland hate is a bigger issue than Spencer's Politics, cuz that could undo any fans Pondexter would bring in. (Portland was a MAJOR thorn in the side of the RU fans in the Grentz era.

The trade with NY just does NOT work numbers wise. You only have one decent player, Jackson, who isn't making too much money and she doesn't really fit our teams needs. But hey a strat up Mazz for Spenser (if her contract isn't guaranteed) is fine by me Wink

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
caune wrote:
Olnezi wrote:

Big Syl & 2011 1st Round Pick & Throw In Toliver & And We Have A Deal lol Embarassed !!

Math won't work, you'd have to take Mazz if we were to take Toliver and I'd do that to off load mazz money.
Syl, Toliver and 2011 ist round pick for Cappie and Mazz. Make us GM's and it's done Wink

Last edited by caune on 02/26/10 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
The trade with NY just does NOT work numbers wise. You only have one decent player, Jackson, who isn't making too much money and she doesn't really fit our teams needs. But hey a strat up Mazz for Spenser (if her contract isn't guaranteed) is fine by me Wink

Any Cappie + Mazzante for Powell (or another max salary) + PAST 1st round pick (Jackson or Carson or Vaughn) works numbers-wise.
Cappie + Ohlde does not work for NY (would put them over the cap).

Someone much smarter than me did the math. Wink

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or if the other team(s) want to be bitchy about it, any Cappie without Mazzante for that package trade works as well, just leaving the Merc in the same state they're in now: unable to pay Temeka Johnson without a trade to dump Mazz/Ohlde. Theoretically they could then use that extra piece (Tiff Jackson or whomever) to tempt another team into taking Mazzante, hence creating room to pay TJ. But then things are getting crazy complicated (and it basically becomes a three-way trade).

Even in this current situation they've gotta be hoping Cappie still holds enough value to create cap room as well as getting good talent back.

caune

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
caune wrote:

Any Cappie + Mazzante for Powell (or another max salary) + PAST 1st round pick (Jackson or Carson or Vaughn) works numbers-wise.

Math is equal but isn't the Mercury goal to clear space so it would have to be us getting players that make a lot less, right?

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
caune wrote:

Math is equal but isn't the Mercury goal to clear space so it would have to be us getting players that make a lot less, right?

The only way the Merc don't clear any cap space is if they do a straight-up Cappie for Powell. You're sending Mazzante over and getting Jackson still on her rookie deal, so the money saved I supposed would be whatever Mazzante's making minus what Tiff is making (assuming it's Tiff).

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG's proposed trade up there saves you upwards of 40 or 50 grand (which is about what you need to pay TJ proper WNBA money).

pilight

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did we get locked in to Powell? If I were the Merc, I'd much rather get McCarville and Carson than Powell and Jackson.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
How did we get locked in to Powell? If I were the Merc, I'd much rather get McCarville and Carson than Powell and Jackson.

And I'd say the Liberty would rather trade McCarville and Carson than Powell and Jackson. Wink

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
BCBG's proposed trade up there saves you upwards of 40 or 50 grand (which is about what you need to pay TJ proper WNBA money).

how?

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
caune wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
caune wrote:

The only way the Merc don't clear any cap space is if they do a straight-up Cappie for Powell. You're sending Mazzante over and getting Jackson still on her rookie deal, so the money saved I supposed would be whatever Mazzante's making minus what Tiff is making (assuming it's Tiff).

only about 20 thousand by my numbers...which isn't enough, we need about 40 I think.

Plus Who the hell wants Powell?
Probably AMD Rolling Eyes to bookcase her with the stellar Oldhe

PostPosted: 02/26/10 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

how?

Let's say Mazzante makes 88k and Tiff makes 45k. You save 43k in this case (I'm making up numbers here, but they're pretty close to reality).

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they were to trade mccarville and Carson, there would be way too much talent at the 2 and 3 positions and not enough at the 4 or 5

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
If they were to trade mccarville and Carson, there would be way too much talent at the 2 and 3 positions and not enough at the 4 or 5

Carson is a 2, even a 3 sometimes, so I'm not sure how that would hurt our talent level in the post. McCarville is a 5, with a 4 body who doesn't rebound and was struggling with her shot last year, not to mention the TO's.
Actually, I think I like this trade better. Shocked

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

And I'd say the Liberty would rather trade McCarville and Carson than Powell and Jackson. Wink

Really? Powell's not going to put up those career year numbers again. They're way out of line from her norms. Jackson wouldn't be a lock to make the roster if the Lib had a first round pick, and may not be a sure thing in any event. Carson has 100 times the upside that Jackson has. McCarville is a known quantity and a more useful player than Powell.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Actually, I think I like this trade better. Shocked

I don't. But I would still do it.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
caune wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

how?

Let's say Mazzante makes 88k and Tiff makes 45k. You save 43k in this case (I'm making up numbers here, but they're pretty close to reality).

Except Mazz does not make 88K no matter how many time Richyy says she does....change that first number to a 6 and you've got the number.

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't got this year's number in front of me, but it sure started with a 8 two years ago (in the first year of this ridiculous contract). And contracts don't tend to go down.

However many times you tell me I'm wrong Wink.

caune

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I haven't got this year's number in front of me, but it sure started with a 8 two years ago (in the first year of this ridiculous contract). And contracts don't tend to go down.

Do you work in her agents office? where is this list of salaries from 2 years ago coming from?

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually think Tiff might do quite well in the Phoenix system. She wouldn't have to try to think (which she clearly isn't very good at) or make moves (which result in the travelocity title) - just run up and down the floor, rebound, and stick back. In fact, she might do so well that NY fans would regret trading her, even though she might never do that well in NY's system. Just one of those things.

Powell is a very good shooter and her defence got way improved because of the Sacto emphasis on it. She also does little things to try to make her teammates better. (Ask Sacto fans) On a team that actually has multiple options, I think she will play even better than in Sacto where she was often the only offensive option on the floor - whether that be Phoenix or NY. She's not a dynamic personality like Cappie, but I'm surprised at the vehemence with which she is being rejected by Phoenix fans.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/26/10 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Do you work in her agents office? where is this list of salaries from 2 years ago coming from?

Same as any other information on here that isn't in a published article: sources. I don't blame you for trusting yours, but equally I trust mine.

Having done better math with newer numbers, Mazzante for Jackson would save Phoenix just under 43 grand. For those who wish to believe me Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30

Jump to: