RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NBA Offseason Signings and Trades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/02/05 12:57 pm    ::: NBA Offseason Signings and Trades Reply Reply with quote

http://www.nba.com/transactions/current_month_transactions.html

Portland waives Derek Anderson and Nick Van Exel.

Seattle re-signs Ray Allen.

In a 13-player trade between Boston, Miami, Memphis, New Orleans and Utah ...

-Boston acquires Qyntel Woods, two second round draft picks and the draft rights to Albert Miralles from Miami; and Curtis Borchardt from Utah.

-Miami acquires Antoine Walker from Boston; Jason Williams, James Posey and Andre Emmett from Memphis; and the draft rights to Roberto Duanes from New Orleans.

-Memphis acquires Eddie Jones from Miami and Raul Lopez from Utah.

-New Orleans acquires Rasual Butler from Miami and Kirk Snyder from Utah.

-Utah acquires Greg Ostertag from Memphis.

-Sacramento acquires Bonzi Wells from Memphis for Greg Ostertag and Bobby Jackson.

Boston signs Brian Scalabrine.

Miami re-signs Shaquille O'Neal and Udonis Haslem.

Houston signs Stromile Swift.

New Orleans re-signs Bosjtan Nachbar and signs Arvydas Macijauskas.

New York signs Jerome James.

Philadelphia re-signs Samuel Dalembert and Kyle Korver.

Cleveland signs Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall and re-sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Los Angeles Lakers acquire Kwame Brown and Laron Profit from Washington for Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins.

Charlotte acquires Jake Voskuhl from Phoenix in exchange for a conditional 2007 second-round draft pick.

Sacramento acquires Jason Hart from Charlotte in exchange for a 2006 or 2007 second-round draft pick.

New Jersey acquires Shareef Abdur-Rahim from Portland for a 2006 first-round pick (lottery protected) and the Nets' trade exception.

San Antonio re-signs Robert Horry and signs Fabricio Oberto.

Washington signs Antonio Daniels.

Last edited by bullsky on 08/07/05 12:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/02/05 1:47 pm    ::: Re: NBA Offseason Signings and Trades Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Aug. 2
Sacramento acquires Bonzi Wells from Memphis for Greg Ostertag and Bobby Jackson.

Boston signs Brian Scalabrine.

Washington signs Antonio Daniels.

Memo to Celtics: Just cause he's white and has red hair, he ain't Irish!

sambista

PostPosted: 08/03/05 11:26 pm    ::: Re: NBA Offseason Signings and Trades Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:

jay leno, paraphrased:

miami re-signed shaquille o'neal for one hundred million dollars. one hundred million dollars! y'know, actually, they offered him two hundred million if he'd practice his freethrows, but he said, "nnnnnnnooo."

PostPosted: 08/03/05 11:31 pm    ::: Re: NBA Offseason Signings and Trades Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
Streaks wrote:

jay leno, paraphrased:

miami re-signed shaquille o'neal for one hundred million dollars. one hundred million dollars! y'know, actually, they offered him two hundred million if he'd practice his freethrows, but he said, "nnnnnnnooo."

LOL!

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/04/05 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tuesday's megadeal has to be included as well:

"Late Tuesday night, Miami traded swingman Eddie Jones to the Memphis Grizzlies for point guard Jason Williams, small forward James Posey and forward Andre Emmett. Part of that deal -- a five-team megatrade that included 13 players, the largest deal in NBA history -- also brought forward Antoine Walker, a three-time All-Star who averaged 19.1 points and nine rebounds last season for the Atlanta Hawks and Boston Celtics, to Miami."

PostPosted: 08/04/05 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! Walker will be a great addition to an already strong Miami!

PEACE
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/12/05 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lakers waived Brian Grant and the Nets called off the deal for Shareef Abdur-Rahim after he failed a physical.

PostPosted: 08/12/05 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
The Lakers waived Brian Grant and the Nets called off the deal for Shareef Abdur-Rahim after he failed a physical.

and then they trade for Marc Jackson from Philly????

What the....you want to tell me Jackson is an improvement from Shareef? I hope for the Nets sake there really was a problem with that physical.

It's too bad about Grant. He lent a little class to that organization.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/13/05 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty dumb on the Nets part, if you ask me. Now Shareef signed with the Kings, good for him. On other news I Am Sam Cassell was traded to the Clippers for Marko Jaric. He signed a 5-year, 42 million contract. WTF???
An aging guard who has been injured most of last year...the Clippers do have money to waste.

PostPosted: 08/13/05 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
The Lakers waived Brian Grant

Theres reports goin around that the Bulls are interesting in Grant. He tops their list along with Malik Allen and Tom Gogliotta

djshorty

PostPosted: 08/14/05 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sacramento Kings signed Shareef Abdur-Rahim. The Nets were going to sign him, but didn't because they were concerned about his knee.

"Live your dreams"
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/15/05 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the Mavs signed Doug Christie 3 years too late...Finley is hanging by a thread.

PostPosted: 08/15/05 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
And the Mavs signed Doug Christie 3 years too late...Finley is hanging by a thread.

If it wasn't for the failures of POR's John Nash (not getting anything for SAR, most recently), I'd feel for you... Razz Especially after this article came out, detailing Christie's relationship with his significant other Shocked So if you ever make it out to Dallas, be sure not to talk to or look at him, and for 'Christie's sake', don't ask for an autograph Wink Arrow

Quote:
    Jackie Christie has also "intervened" when female fans have tried to get Doug's autograph. Some newspaper stories have reported that Doug is not allowed to look at or make eye contact with other women.

"I just felt I needed to protect my territory in the beginning," Jackie said. "So I had a lot of issues. I have a jealous bone in my body, yes. It's probably as big as me. I'm very easygoing until I feel a threat."

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/12382139.htm

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/16/05 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Friggin' Knicks released Jerome Williams, the only guy with some heart on that team. Saved a lot on luxury tax money, but if they were serious about saving luxury tax money, they would waive Alan "Invisible Man" Houston. Isn't the amnesty clause named after him after all?
In a related move, the Mavericks finally waived Finley. Mike was great for some time and I'm pretty sure he can help some other team. But not the Knicks!

Last edited by BCBG25 on 08/16/05 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 08/16/05 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor Junkyard Dog. I like Jerome Williams. Wonder if he's gonna keep sponsoring the Kids' Korner? Why the fuck they keep Houston, the world may never know.

(now with spelling variations)
dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/16/05 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perfect fit for Finley? Denver.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/16/05 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exactly, DTS. They could certainly used an experience guy. Would he sign for the mid-level exception tho?
Not that Denver has any cap problems, but I would think they wouldn't take the 2 years and nearly 40 million left in his contract.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Friggin' Knicks released Jerome Williams, the only guy with some heart on that team. Saved a lot on luxury tax money, but if they were serious about saving luxury tax money, they would waive Alan "Invisible Man" Houston. Isn't the amnesty clause named after him after all?
In a related move, the Mavericks finally waived Finley. Mike was great for some time and I'm pretty sure he can help some other team. But not the Knicks!

Well they said that The Junkyard Dog plans on retiring if he's not ready for camp this year, and NY apparently can save more money if Houston files for medical retirement instead of using the amnesty clause... I believe it may have to do with the insurance paying for most of his contract... Confused

Finley will most likely go to a serious championship contender, which isn't Denver, according to Kiki. Probably Miami... With PHO losing Joe Johnson and not really adding anybody, The Suns likely slid down the ladder. Idea

WtnTrans

PostPosted: 08/17/05 7:06 am    ::: 2005 NBA Report Reply Reply with quote

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/published/pro/nba-player-movement-2005.shtml

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 08/22/05 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My question is: WTH happened to the Sun? They let two of their main men leave! What are they thinking? Oh well! Laughing

Yeah I would love for Finley to join the Nuggets, but that is probably not going to happen because they won't give him as much as he probably wants. If he goes to Miami, I don't see how that helps Miami. I mean they are going to have a ton of players that are used to scoring a lot of points and taking a ton of shots! Miami needs to focus on who they have now and sign some nice back-ups. Finley would most likely come off the bench if he signed with them, but they would still have way too many superstars! I still don't understand the J. Williams thing because he can be a little inconsistant, hopefull Shaq can make him better too!

missjoy28

PostPosted: 09/01/05 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And what was Seattle thinking? They got rid of almost all their free agents including the coach. And you call this team a playoff team next season. Um no. Well, the Sun should have dealt with Joe Johnson's contract situation a year a go. But the Sun needed some defenders but I don't think this team can accomplish what they had last season. They lost two 3 point shooters.

PostPosted: 09/02/05 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:
And what was Seattle thinking? They got rid of almost all their free agents including the coach. And you call this team a playoff team next season. Um no. Well, the Sun should have dealt with Joe Johnson's contract situation a year a go. But the Sun needed some defenders but I don't think this team can accomplish what they had last season. They lost two 3 point shooters.

Yes, but they added a post player and can have Marion go back to the 3. Thomas and Amare will provide more inside punch, something needed against San Antonio.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: