RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Redshirt question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 12/01/09 2:49 pm    ::: Redshirt question Reply Reply with quote

In how many games is a player allowed to play before exceeding the limit for applying for a redshirt? And is that limit based upon games played by the player or by the team?

I ask because Middle TN has a freshman who has not played to date because of a stress fracture. Middle has played five games with three more in the next ten days. I can't see the player getting time in any of those games as she is still in a walking boot.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/01/09 3:02 pm    ::: Re: Redshirt question Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:
In how many games is a player allowed to play before exceeding the limit for applying for a redshirt? And is that limit based upon games played by the player or by the team?

I ask because Middle TN has a freshman who has not played to date because of a stress fracture. Middle has played five games with three more in the next ten days. I can't see the player getting time in any of those games as she is still in a walking boot.

If she doesn't play all season, she qualifies for a redshirt based on saving eligibility (ala football). If she does play, then she can only play in 30% of the team's total games AND it has to be proven (documented) that her season was ended prematurely based on the injury.

For a 30-game season, a player can only play in 9 games.

Mathies to LA 2013
Grumps

PostPosted: 12/01/09 3:12 pm    ::: Re: Redshirt question Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

If she doesn't play all season, she qualifies for a redshirt based on saving eligibility (ala football). If she does play, then she can only play in 30% of the team's total games AND it has to be proven (documented) that her season was ended prematurely based on the injury.

For a 30-game season, a player can only play in 9 games.

Just to add, those games had to be in the first half of the season...Play one game after the halfway mark and the season is lost...

Grumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: