RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 11/26/09 2:33 pm    ::: Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
While the White House offered no official explanation, it appears to be the first time in modern history that anyone has crashed a White House state dinner. The uninvited guests were in the same room as President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, although it is unknown whether they met the Obamas and the guest of honor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/25/AR2009112504113_pf.html

PostPosted: 11/26/09 4:29 pm    ::: Re: Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Quote:
While the White House offered no official explanation, it appears to be the first time in modern history that anyone has crashed a White House state dinner. The uninvited guests were in the same room as President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, although it is unknown whether they met the Obamas and the guest of honor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/25/AR2009112504113_pf.html

I just HOPE these people told an untruth to a federal employee to gain access. A felony. Put them IN jail. AND learn from it. BUT... just as if they'd taken a shot at the president and missed, you don't give them a pass because they exposed a vulnerability. Fuck 'em.

PostPosted: 11/26/09 4:46 pm    ::: Re: Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
Quote:

I just HOPE these people told an untruth to a federal employee to gain access. A felony. Put them IN jail. AND learn from it. BUT... just as if they'd taken a shot at the president and missed, you don't give them a pass because they exposed a vulnerability. Fuck 'em.

Rolling Eyes Your tax dollars at work.

PostPosted: 11/26/09 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems to me this should be investigated formally, maybe not published, but there has to be a post mortem on a blunder of this magnitude.

But it is still a blunder. I assume that just anybody doesn't walk up to the President at a state dinner. He does have security. But I assume these folks are not eating with plastic knives and forks.

PostPosted: 11/26/09 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't one of them have a picture taken with Biden? Scary shit. Big glitch somewhere.

PostPosted: 11/26/09 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Didn't one of them have a picture taken with Biden? Scary shit. Big glitch somewhere.

I don't think getting their picture taken w/ Biden is scary.

Sort of a waste of film though. Wink

caune

PostPosted: 11/27/09 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think them arriving with a camera crew (they are auditioning for real Housewives of DC) really helped them gain entrance, who would bring a freakin' camera if they were craching a party?? Laughing And once you are past the first checkpoint you aren't checked for an invite again, just contraband

PostPosted: 11/27/09 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
I think them arriving with a camera crew (they are auditioning for real Housewives of DC) really helped them gain entrance, who would bring a freakin' camera if they were craching a party?? Laughing And once you are past the first checkpoint you aren't checked for an invite again, just contraband

No excuse. We're paying more to protect dis wittle pwezzie wezzie than any other in our her/history. It appears we're paying too much.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

No excuse. We're paying more to protect dis wittle pwezzie wezzie than any other in our her/history. It appears we're paying too much.

Source?

StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/27/09 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For a while, I originally thought Dion Rich was up to his old tricks again. But it turns out that it wasn't.

If you don't know who Dion Rich is, Google his name, and you'll see why he is such a...shall we say, a "fringe" name in the sports world. He has the guts of a professional burglar and loves the challenge of being a gate-crashing freeloader in any major event (Super Bowl, World Series, Olympics, Academy Awards, Presidential Inauguration events, the annual Kentucky Derby, etc.) and getting away with it. Cool

PostPosted: 11/27/09 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

Totally unnecessary. Seriously.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

X_______________

LuvD is right.

Whether or not someone voted for a particular President or likes that particular President - one must expect and demand that THEIR President be protected.

Black and Gold's belittling of OUR President is a perfect example of why so much more needs to be done to protect President Obama.

Last edited by Slovydal on 11/27/09 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 11/27/09 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Black and Gold's belittling of OUR President is a perfect example of why so much more needs to be done to protect President Obama.

More than the previous president? He wasn't belittled as much or more than Obama?

PostPosted: 11/27/09 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

More than the previous president? He wasn't belittled as much or more than Obama?

The same goes for Bush - but right now Obama is President...

Taoduck

PostPosted: 11/27/09 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

X_______________

LuvD is right.

Whether or not someone voted for a particular President or likes that particular President - one must expect and demand that THEIR President be protected.

+1
I may not have liked Bush (either of 'em) but I never mocked their need to be protected.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and just to ad a little factual information...we ARE NOT spending more even with increased threats....and honest to God I heard that on FOX news this morning Laughing
That's why those silly people got in because the Secret Service budget has not went up and they are streched thin and tap dancing.

#NATC

PostPosted: 11/27/09 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
and just to ad a little factual information...we ARE NOT spending more even with increased threats....and honest to God I heard that on FOX news this morning Laughing

And since when did you believe anything you saw on Fox news? Razz

PostPosted: 11/27/09 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

X_______________

LuvD is right.

Gag reflex in full throttle. I'M AN EXAMPLE OF WHY MR. NO CLUE NEEDS HEIGHTENED SECURITY?!?! What a fucking joke. I have the right to belittle, dismiss, praise, find fault with, applaud, or question ANY elected official. Including da pwezzie wezzie.

Quote:
Obama, who was given Secret Service protection 18 months before the election - the earliest ever for a presidential candidate - has been the target of more threats since his inauguration than his predecessors.

Quote:
The Secret Service has been given more resources to deal with the changing environment. Its total number of employees has risen from 6,700 two years ago to a projected 7,055 in the new fiscal year that began Oct. 1, with almost all the new positions for the protection mission.

Its overall budget request has grown by several hundred million dollars a year, including a nearly a 20 percent increase since 2008 for so-called protective intelligence activities, the efforts to analyze and investigate threats, according to budget documents.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2009/10/18/secret_service_under_strain_as_leaders_face_more_threats/?page=2

PostPosted: 11/27/09 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:

Gag reflex in full throttle. I'M AN EXAMPLE OF WHY MR. NO CLUE NEEDS HEIGHTENED SECURITY?!?! What a fucking joke. I have the right to belittle, dismiss, praise, find fault with, applaud, or question ANY elected official. Including da pwezzie wezzie.

Sadly, you'll go you entire life never able to comprehend what I'm talking about.

BlacknGold

PostPosted: 11/27/09 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:

Sadly, you'll go you entire life never able to comprehend what I'm talking about.

I was thinking the same about you. Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Slovy 100%. We as tax payers and citizens have a lot of time, angst, and money invested in a president. It's the toughest job interview on the planet, so the least our government can do is protect our President, and yes Obama is my President. He can wake up tomorrow, or the day after and start making me happy Very Happy

A state dinner is the the biggest home field advantage on the planet. If you have not watched a cspan coverage of a state dinner, and all the tradition and work that goes into it, you should, it's really quite something. An invite to a state dinner is the toughest ticket you can get in this country. Absolutely the most exclusive ticket you can get. There is a fixed limit to the seating, the white house actually ain't that big.

So that's another scandal altogether, the fact that this couple crashed the toughest ticket in the country. It's a double fuck up in my mind.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Try reading my post again. I was, more than anything, castigating the secret service for not being good enough. For not serving the prezzie wezzie well enough. For not serving us well enough. Our tax dollars are being spent to protect the office. They were obviously not vigilant enough. The One was not being protected enough. They were not earning what we pay them. Ergo, we were overspending for their less than stellar service. That's what I was saying. Reading with critical thinking skills. Works wonders. Usually.

PostPosted: 11/27/09 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
caune wrote:

And since when did you believe anything you saw on Fox news? Razz

An Author and ex Secret Service employee said it...and I cross checked it online Wink He went on to recommend the firing of the head of the Secret Service and an overhaul of their operations

I really had just turned in to watch the train wreck that is Fox and Fools in the am Laughing

PostPosted: 11/28/09 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
...Black and Gold's belittling of OUR President is a perfect example of why so much more needs to be done to protect President Obama.

Wow! I was not aware that increasing the President's protection hinged on whatever BlackNGold had to say. It appears BlackNGold has far more political clout that I thought. Wink

PostPosted: 11/28/09 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the end of the day, this could've very well saved his life. It's like when we'd happen to be carrying something innocuous but banned to school (sharp instrument) and have to go through the metal detectors, only for them not to make a peep. This is despite a kid being stabbed to death a couple years before in the hallway and a local serial rapist being spotted in the building that very year. Without the security breach, we wouldn't have been as vigilant or aware of our surroundings.

Now they know they haven't been doing enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: