RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

MONARCHS FOLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoovie

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rothum wrote:
Bekka Brunson just tweeted she found out by reading Chantelle Anderson's tweet about the team.

No one told her.... Evil or Very Mad

SMH!! Twisted Evil

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
petrel

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if I should thank the Maloofs for bringing basketball to Sacramento for so many years, or damn the Maloofs for leaving this mess for the WNBA to clean up at such a late date in the off-season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladeeda wrote:
anyone besides lawson a free agent? Bay area has to be figured out before dec 1st to keep a free agent.

They could push dates like that back if they need to and there's a realistic prospect of working something out given more time. It's happened before when they're working on something like a new CBA, so they could do it while working on keeping a team alive as well.

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

to show my support for the maloofs.....

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
pilight

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
i think the part that pisses me off the most is their reasoning behind folding the monarchs was so they could "refocus" on the kings and that their "losing money with the kings" was the reason for folding the monarchs. this doesnt make sense to me.

From what i read last season Monarchs lost just over $500,000 last season while the Kings lost $32 MILLION!

Same shit, different day. As long as we have owners who prioritize their NBA teams as #1 and their WNBA teams as maybe #2, we'll be hearing this same old tale.

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Same shit, different day. As long as we have owners who prioritize their NBA teams as #1 and their WNBA teams as maybe #2, we'll be hearing this same old tale.

All dual league owners do this. I don't know of an owner who would put a minor league team ahead of a major league one.

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:

All dual league owners do this. I don't know of an owner who would put a minor league team ahead of a major league one.

As opposed to Hilton Koch and the former Atlanta owner? I don't recall them having NBA teams. There are problems with non-NBA ownership as well.

TwinCitiesDave

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My sincere apologies to the fans, players, and any of the Monarch staff that stand to lose jobs because of this. If this ends any other way than the team being moved, it's going to be a complete mess for the entire league. And it may be anyway. The fact that players in Sacramento, and Detroit before that, didn't know before the public has to be addressed no matter what. You can't run a professional sports league like that.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mad Shocked

I am totally shocked. Didn't see thatone coming.

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
As opposed to Hilton Koch and the former Atlanta owner? I don't recall them having NBA teams. There are problems with non-NBA ownership as well.

I agree completely. NBA ownership can be a problem, but it doesn't mean that non-NBA ownership is the solution. Didn't LA need a sponsor to help balance its books? Aren't they independently-owned?

Mathies to LA 2013
ladeeda

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ladeeda wrote:
anyone besides lawson a free agent? Bay area has to be figured out before dec 1st to keep a free agent.

They could push dates like that back if they need to and there's a realistic prospect of working something out given more time. It's happened before when they're working on something like a new CBA, so they could do it while working on keeping a team alive as well.

Do they push back dates for the whole league then? If not, that seems rather unfair to a player that they can push back dates and still be able to CORE her, if others aren't being held up.......

toad455

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:

However, now we only have a select few WNBA teams owned by their NBA counterparts. New York, Indiana, Minnesota, San Antonio & Phoenix. That's it.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
caune

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:

That's free speech at it's finest Laughing

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladeeda wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ladeeda wrote:

Do they push back dates for the whole league then? If not, that seems rather unfair to a player that they can push back dates and still be able to CORE her, if others aren't being held up.......

Yeah, I meant for the whole league, not just one team.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TwinCitiesDave wrote:
My sincere apologies to the fans, players, and any of the Monarch staff that stand to lose jobs because of this. If this ends any other way than the team being moved, it's going to be a complete mess for the entire league. And it may be anyway. The fact that players in Sacramento, and Detroit before that, didn't know before the public has to be addressed no matter what. You can't run a professional sports league like that.

X________________

JRae

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i thought so lol. that and i live near arco. dad gave me gas money so i could go drive around natomas lol

pilight

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I agree completely. NBA ownership can be a problem, but it doesn't mean that non-NBA ownership is the solution. Didn't LA need a sponsor to help balance its books? Aren't they independently-owned?

They needed sponsorship in the same way that Phoenix did.

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
They needed sponsorship in the same way that Phoenix did.

You just made my point for me.

Mathies to LA 2013
n2femmes

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
JRae wrote:

That's free speech at it's finest Laughing

Truly.

PRballer

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but no one - not even in the league office - thought to notify the Sacramento players before they put out a release? Renee Brown, Donna Orender, that's on you.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. Amaha, if you got proof there were ownership groups interested, eligible, and capable of taking over, bring it to the Sacramento media. Jrae, if those are real numbers, bring it to the Sacramento media. If the Maloofs want out of Sacramento so they can go play in Vegas, fine. Give 'em a kick in the ass so they can get out the door faster.

This is all starting to get ridiculous. No player should ever have to find out from a Twitter belonging to a former teammate that her team is maybe folding and maybe moving. How the hell is any serious investor going to involve themselves with this league when the flow of information is such epic fail?

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I'm sorry, but no one - not even in the league office - thought to notify the Sacramento players before they put out a release? Renee Brown, Donna Orender, that's on you.

Most players were notified this morning...not sure why brunson wasn't

JRae

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

listening to the radio right now, they are talking about the monarchs moving to San Jose

PRballer

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie, to your last point, who handles the league's internal communications? A very, very basic system of outreach is needed - whether at the league or the team level - to determine that ALL key stakeholders get the information they need. I still can't get over that part of this.

Didn't Tina Thompson find out in a similar way after the Comets folded - like a teammate called her after seeing the news? Completely in-excusable from the NBA and WNBA.

n2femmes

PostPosted: 11/20/09 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe, just maybe, Sacramento has no one to blame but Sacramento. We STHs couldn't support the team anymore than we did. Sacramento peeps did not support this team and is bailing on the Kings too.

Had Sacramento as a whole supported this team like say the Mercury fans or the Stars fans, the Monarchs would not be going anywhere. Did the Monarchs make money for the Maloofs? Let's face it, the Maloofs are businessmen first, fans second. They invested a lot of time and money into both the Kings and the Monarchs, but I'll bet have litttle to no ROI.

Don't get me wrong. I will miss my team. I have been a STH since moving to Sacramento. I'm just afraid maybe we're taking our emotions out on on the wrong people. I did that very thing when Jenny was let go. I got on here and acted like a complete asshole. Did it bring Jenny back? No. I hope I apologized to everyone I pissed off with my Jenny rants.

I'll make that journey to the Bay next year if the girls land there. I'll be first in line to buy ST. I'm looking at the classified right now to see what the housing market looks like over there! LOL. I won't give up on my team the way this city kind of did. STHs aside, who supported this team? Did we really expect the Maloofs to keep investing in teams that lose money for them? And let's face it -- the NBA will always be stronger than the WNBA, like it or not.

And don't be surprised if the Kings move to Vegas next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: