RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Two biggies in Big East today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 01/02/05 10:54 am    ::: Two biggies in Big East today. Reply Reply with quote

Two big 'uns.

Can UConn taint St. John's unblemished record?

Can WVU snap its 0-13 streak at home vs BC?

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?sport=wbball&story=7276

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/02/05 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing if Amber Jacobs can make a WNBA team, Jessalyn Deveny can...
KatValeska

PostPosted: 01/02/05 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I'm guessing if Amber Jacobs can make a WNBA team, Jessalyn Deveny can...

Well, she netted a career-high 33 points today.

http://bceagles.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/010205aaa.html

WVU now 0-14 all-time against BC.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/02/05 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would agree Devaney will find a spot somewhere.

Hey, the Big East is suddenly looking like something to reckon with for a change. When was the last time UConn may be the THIRD best team in their own conference (behind ND and Rutgers)?

UConn looked good today, except for Geno's Lou Carneseca honorary sweater, and I left the house with Rutgers getting killed (ARRRGGH!). But Dani told me it was exciting (rotten kid).

Boy I'm glad the only UConn game I bought tix for this year was vs. Rutgers. Can't wait!

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/03/05 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think the sweater was bad on TV? You should try sitting four rows behind it. *shudders from head to toe*

Watching the UConn coaching staff come in was a hoot and a half, because it looks for all the world like Geno has a posse. How many other teams have as many people in streets as UConn? In addition to the three regular ACs, both Maria Conlon and Morgan Valley were on the sidelines. I was this close to yelling for the coaches to come in, but they probably still would have extended the lead.

There's something very wrong when you pass through more security at a college arena than you do at a pro arena. SJU has full-fledged metal detectors, unlike the Garden or CAA. Tres weird. And if you can smuggle in your own food for a big game, do so. I stood on line for half an hour at the concession stand, plotting interesting ways to kill my mom. "Save yourself the trouble of getting up later, go get the pretzels now..." Yeah, me and seven hundred other people!

In defense of the Red Storm, they were completely mentally out of it. Coach kept calling for them to go inside, no matter how ineffective it was, and no one seems to have had the guts to say, "Uh, Coach, they're way taller than us and our shots keep getting blocked into the bleachers. Maybe we should try using that outside shooting we're so good at?" You'd think a team that faces UConn every year would be less intimidated at this point.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: