RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Courtney McDaniel (Former Lady Vol)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/01/05 6:20 am    ::: Courtney McDaniel (Former Lady Vol) Reply Reply with quote

I had no Idea that she wanted to continue to play basketball professionally, she obviously still has that love. Courtney might be joining a team over in Spain, could this help get her into the WNBA? I've never seen her play that much but she did put up when she was put into the game, what position does she play?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/01/05 11:33 am    ::: Re: Courtney McDaniel (Former Lady Vol) Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
I had no Idea that she wanted to continue to play basketball professionally, she obviously still has that love. Courtney might be joining a team over in Spain, could this help get her into the WNBA? I've never seen her play that much but she did put up when she was put into the game, what position does she play?

Position wise, I'd classify her as a PF, she was referred to as Minute Maid when she was at UT, she always racked up numbers in her limited time.

She had asthma, and on Pat Summitt teams, no practice no play. She quit near the end of her senior season, and it was for personal reasons.

I know that all the seniors and even Pat really tried hard to get her to finish out her career, but she disappeared and it was assumed/popular opinion/urban legend that she had medical issues and the majority figured she was probably advised against playing basketball. It was very surprising to see her play this year, she played on one of the all star teams that played a lot of exhibition games against college teams, she played with Maria Conlon, Tasha Butts and a few others on it, she had great numbers with that team also. I think it might have been EA Sports ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: