RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

T-Spoon (Question for Dexter)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/01/05 6:16 am    ::: T-Spoon (Question for Dexter) Reply Reply with quote

Is Spoon gonna retire this year or does she plan trying to join another team?

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 01/01/05 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep getting mixed messages on the retirement thing. I think she's closer to it than she's ever been, but just hasn't brought herself to jumping off the cliff yet. I didn't get to see her last night but I spoke to a buddy of her's. He says we'll know in a couple of weeks and that whatever the decision, she's keeping it tight to the vest.

I don't think she would join another team. Penny, Lisa, DNasty, Nikki, Coop and Dixon were all friends of her's, hence going to LA. If Tari gets an offer from them somehow, I could see Spoon staying on and playing spot minutes like she did last year, but Doneeka's the backup regardless. It all depends on whether or not Karleen gets the head job. Then I think if Spoon retires, you're more likely to see her as an assistant in LA for a little while since that's what she became by the end of last year and that's what Penny brought her in for. If Tari, Karleen and Delisha are all in LA next year, then Spoon will be too in some capacity, to put it simply.

The running joke among her friends is that Spoon retired 2 years ago, she's just in her transitional period so she doesn't make everyone around her sick and eventually come back like Cynthia, Magic and Mike. Being a business woman pays the bills, but there's no way she could have quit playing ball full time cold turkey, which is what going from 35 minutes a game to sitting courtside would have been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: