Shameka Christon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/28/05 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Str8_Butta33 wrote:
Her teammates and coaches tell her to shoot the ball, her job is to score and play D. Meka does look inside or pass to others, it's not like everytime she touches it she shoots. If Meka was making these shots then no one would be complaining about how many shots she attempts. I do wish she could get her shooting touch back, she's struggling now but she still makes things happen at key times.

Exactly... Idea

IMO...not exactly.....even if she made one or two, not staying in the offensive scheme destroys the flow of the game

the only flaw in SC`s game, is that sometimes she lapses into poor shot selection....she seems to go into panic mode, and shot selection and clock management fly out the window...this is all about experience and BB savvy which she is acquiring daily...that being said, every time she jacks up a dumb shot, with 15 seconds on the shot clock, and a sea of opponents jerseys waiting for the rebound, she can cause a 4 or 5 point shift in the game..which she did at least 3 times yesterday.

I think that the Comets saw this, and tried to deny everyone else the ball

When did Swoopes, before this year, have a decent shot selection?
Even now she shoots crazy off balance shots, the thing is she's been making them. If that is her only flaw, man, she IS that good.

PostPosted: 07/28/05 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Yeah, Meka ain't Betty Lennox Wink

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
I think you're not giving the kid enough credit. She didn't get to this level by being over-sensitive I'm sure.

Look, against Charlotte, Mike T was furious with Lindsay. She sat for a long while, he put her in and she made a really dumb play immediately. Mike yanked her right out. It was like a 20 second time on the court.

She came back and played a kick ass second half, and led the team to a blowout victory.

I don't see anything wrong with the captains saying to Meeka, "listen our first options are to get it to Nova and Wauters. It will open up better shots for you. Look inside before just shooting."
I don't think that would diminish her confidence. Give her a chance to show her makeup!

Her teammates and coaches tell her to shoot the ball, her job is to score and play D. Meka does look inside or pass to others, it's not like everytime she touches it she shoots. If Meka was making these shots then no one would be complaining about how many shots she attempts. I do wish she could get her shooting touch back, she's struggling now but she still makes things happen at key times.

Should Meka change her nickname to 'S-Money' then? Razz

FREEDOM4CHRISTON

PostPosted: 07/28/05 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i've been a lib fan for years...i've seen lots of bungled plays...i've seen more bad shots than good shots. i've seen EACH of the tri-captians have some 1-10 shooting nights (give or take a couple of shots).

shameka took some bad shots...there is no denying that. does she need a better shot selection...sure she does. personally, i think the majority of the players in the league need to tweak their shot selection. shameka is young, she has a tremendous amount of potential...there is so much upside to her game.

there were a lot of bungled plays in this game. all of them weren't made by shameka. in the second half, i couldn't find the tri-captians with a damn flashlight. all of them say they are the leaders, ok, if you're the leader...express to shameka what she is doing wrong...emphasize what she needs to be doing. becky is the damn pg, if shameka is throwing up bad shots, bungling plays...go, get the ball...lead the offense. if becky can't do it...then it's up to patty to sit shameka's ass on the bench.

what cost the libs the game was a total collapse in the second half. they were out hustled and out muscled. yeah, just look at the final play on the comets offensive end...arcain misses the shot...the rebound comes off. where are the libs? who were the post players boxing out? who was supposed to box out michelle snow?

here is another question i have...when patty draws up these game ending plays...why doesn't one of the tri-captains demand the ball? why is the ball in shameka's hands?

i think the answer to the latter question is, she has the confidence of her coach and her teammates...most of all, shameka christon has confidence in herself.

roll call for all the christon followers...we gonna ride until the wheels fall off this bangwagon...but we know, the wheels aren't gonna fall off.

cause "BABY" you're gonna be a star

PostPosted: 07/29/05 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FREEDOM4CHRISTON wrote:
i've been a lib fan for years...i've seen lots of bungled plays...i've seen more bad shots than good shots. i've seen EACH of the tri-captians have some 1-10 shooting nights (give or take a couple of shots).

shameka took some bad shots...there is no denying that. does she need a better shot selection...sure she does. personally, i think the majority of the players in the league need to tweak their shot selection. shameka is young, she has a tremendous amount of potential...there is so much upside to her game.

there were a lot of bungled plays in this game. all of them weren't made by shameka. in the second half, i couldn't find the tri-captians with a damn flashlight. all of them say they are the leaders, ok, if you're the leader...express to shameka what she is doing wrong...emphasize what she needs to be doing. becky is the damn pg, if shameka is throwing up bad shots, bungling plays...go, get the ball...lead the offense. if becky can't do it...then it's up to patty to sit shameka's ass on the bench.

what cost the libs the game was a total collapse in the second half. they were out hustled and out muscled. yeah, just look at the final play on the comets offensive end...arcain misses the shot...the rebound comes off. where are the libs? who were the post players boxing out? who was supposed to box out michelle snow?

here is another question i have...when patty draws up these game ending plays...why doesn't one of the tri-captains demand the ball? why is the ball in shameka's hands?

i think the answer to the latter question is, she has the confidence of her coach and her teammates...most of all, shameka christon has confidence in herself.

roll call for all the christon followers...we gonna ride until the wheels fall off this bangwagon...but we know, the wheels aren't gonna fall off.

cause "BABY" you're gonna be a star

I think it's just that Meka ends up being the one open, the defense sticks to the other 4 on the floor.

PostPosted: 07/29/05 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Excuse me......July 12, 2005.....Houston, TX

plan is to inbound to Wauters, draw the defense in while C-Rob runs to a spot, kick it out to C-ROB

C-ROB MADE THE SHOT>>>WON THE GAME

Meka was filling in for C-Rob...one of the reasons she got the ball

PostPosted: 07/29/05 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Excuse me......July 12, 2005.....Houston, TX

plan is to inbound to Wauters, draw the defense in while C-Rob runs to a spot, kick it out to C-ROB

C-ROB MADE THE SHOT>>>WON THE GAME

Meka was filling in for C-Rob...one of the reasons she got the ball
[/quote]

lmao, they don't just pass the grey poupon, the smuckers or the ketchup at that restaurant where you work...they pass the playbook around too.

what game are you referring to...when you mention meka filling in for crob. was it the comet game @ msg...if so, who made the inbounds pass?

PostPosted: 07/29/05 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
what game are you referring to...when you mention meka filling in for crob. was it the comet game @ msg...if so, who made the inbounds pass?

You are correct, mea culpa.....too many games and too much drama, for my overheated braincells

my bad...I think I need a nap Embarassed

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: