RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Larry Brown Accepts Knicks' Job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/27/05 3:41 am    ::: Larry Brown Accepts Knicks' Job Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
27th July, 2005 - 12:48 am

New York Times - Larry Brown, the Hall of Famer and NBA world champion, has agreed to coach the New York Knicks .

"He's made his decision that he wants to coach the Knicks," Brown's agent, Joe Glass, said yesterday. "Now it's up to the Knicks and myself to come up with an arrangement that works for both parties."

By assuming the helm of a club that has been spiraling downward for the better part of a decade, Brown has taken on what may be the most challenging assignment of a career that spans three decades.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/27/sports/basketball/27knicks.html

Good luck Larry Shocked He'll need it with that bunch...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/27/05 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor guy, but not so poor (if they are indeed going to pay him that much). Anyway, I can't see him and Marbury co-existing. Marbury is a bigger nutcase than AI.

PostPosted: 07/27/05 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And less talented than AI... Shocked But if Marbury wasn't enough, imagine how many hairs Brown's going to lose trying to get Crawford and Tim Thomas to 'play the right way'..

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/27/05 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
And less talented than AI... Shocked But if Marbury wasn't enough, imagine how many hairs Brown's going to lose trying to get Crawford and Tim Thomas to 'play the right way'..

I heard rumors that Crawford wanted to come back to Chicago. But the bulls are fine with Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng and Duhon. They already let go of Jason (Jay) Williams.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/28/05 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bulls might want to wait for when the Mavs dump Finley...

PostPosted: 07/28/05 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Yeah, theres been rumors about how they might pick him up. But the big rumor is a trade with Boston. Boston would get Antonio Davis and the Bulls would get Antoine Walker.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/28/05 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Yeah, theres been rumors about how they might pick him up. But the big rumor is a trade with Boston. Boston would get Antonio Davis and the Bulls would get Antoine Walker.

Well word is that BOS doesn't want Walker because of their youth movement, so that would go against acquiring Davis... But of course, there could be picks involved and it may be like the Glenn Robinson/Mashburn trade. In that one, PHI basically couldn't get lucky trying to trade Glenn's contract for something like the GSW got lucky in getting Baron Davis for a contract, so PHI will just try again in 2 years with Mashburn's contract. Idea And today they said that now MIA is interested in Walker too... That's where I'd go if I was Antoine... Razz

I'm not sure what's up with the Finley exception right now... PHO wants him too, and Cuban is trying to make it so he doesn't go to a WC team, which should be hard to do. Maybe he'll wait until the last minute to release him?

I was always under the impression that Isiah acquired Crawford just to load up on talent to package for a trade... still waiting for it to happen unfortunately... Confused The bulls do have nice assets.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/28/05 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Streaks wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Well word is that BOS doesn't want Walker because of their youth movement, so that would go against acquiring Davis... But of course, there could be picks involved and it may be like the Glenn Robinson/Mashburn trade. In that one, PHI basically couldn't get lucky trying to trade Glenn's contract for something like the GSW got lucky in getting Baron Davis for a contract, so PHI will just try again in 2 years with Mashburn's contract. Idea And today they said that now MIA is interested in Walker too... That's where I'd go if I was Antoine... Razz

I'm not sure what's up with the Finley exception right now... PHO wants him too, and Cuban is trying to make it so he doesn't go to a WC team, which should be hard to do. Maybe he'll wait until the last minute to release him?

I was always under the impression that Isiah acquired Crawford just to load up on talent to package for a trade... still waiting for it to happen unfortunately... Confused The bulls do have nice assets.

Yeah, now that you say it, its weird that they would want Davis if they're going after a youth movement. AD can put up some points, but not a lot, so in that category Boston would lose out. This is the link to the article on it http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_1p.asp?ID=11707

And yes, the bulls do have some nice assets. As a bulls fan, I'm happy that after years of disappointment, that we finally have a team that can win! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: