RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kamila Vodichkova

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:23 pm    ::: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

So what's been the difference this year for her? New team? New coach? More money? No Lauren to hog all the numbers? No immediate issues with the Czech Republic national team? (that I'm aware of)
bullsky

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She and Maria are a tough handle in the post. If they do make it to the playoffs, things could get verrrrry interesting.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:26 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
So what's been the difference this year for her? New team? New coach? More money? No Lauren to hog all the numbers? No immediate issues with the Czech Republic national team? (that I'm aware of)

She is actually only scoring one more point per game this year.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:29 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Actually about 2 ppg after this game.

However, her numbers are up all across the board and she's only playing a couple more minutes. A big one is FG% - 10 percentage points increase.
threefrom60

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:30 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

I sorta think it's maybe what Anne Myers said tonight. Oh my god. Did I just say that?! Okay it's not exactly what she said, but she was getting at it.

It's like someone said about ARob tonight. Stop shooting mid range jumpers. You're there to rebound, D up, and hit put backs. This was sort of her job description for a couple of years there in Seattle. When KV had Lauren to pass to (and KV is a great passer) and a backcourt of Birdy and Betty to go inside out with, she didn't get near the opportunity to score she is here. I think it's a combination of a few things. Coach Donovan helped her game immensely in two years with her. Then like you said, no conflict or stress with the national team to worry about. And add to that confidence, when a team like the Mercury pays you the max on a three year contract and says, you're our go to post. This being before they even know Stepanova will be here. That kind of confidence and opportunity is invaluable.

I hope this opportunity in Pheonix helps her fully commit to keeping playing for awhile longer. I didn't ever like hearing her talk about retirement, because I think she has a good amount of basketball left in her. I wasn't sure about that before the season started, I definitely admit that. But I was wrong.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:31 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Keegan wrote:

there's a helluva lot more that happens on the court than scoring.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:32 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
I hope this opportunity in Pheonix helps her fully commit to keeping playing for awhile longer. I didn't ever like hearing her talk about retirement, because I think she has a good amount of basketball left in her.

Her contract is three years so I think she would at least serve that out.
threefrom60

PostPosted: 07/26/05 11:37 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:
I hope this opportunity in Pheonix helps her fully commit to keeping playing for awhile longer. I didn't ever like hearing her talk about retirement, because I think she has a good amount of basketball left in her.

Her contract is three years so I think she would at least serve that out.

I'm so curious what made her commit to playing three more years. A question for the other people in Seattle - Am I totally crazy, or didn't she talk about possible retirement the last few years? For that matter, didn't Tully? I guess you have to throw that out sometimes; that pain can make you say crazy things. Even Lauren dropped the r word last offseason. It happens to the best of them I suppose.

hellcat24

PostPosted: 07/27/05 7:36 am    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

Tully had planned to retire but decided to keep going after the Storm championship win. Originally she had said she would hang up her boots after the 2004/05 WNBL season. Given the year she's been having it was a good decision. Wink

pilight

PostPosted: 07/27/05 9:00 am    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

She started strong last year then faded late. This year she started later, so maybe that just means the fade will start later.

PostPosted: 07/27/05 10:27 am    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Keegan wrote:

She started strong last year then faded late. This year she started later, so maybe that just means the fade will start later.

Good assessment.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: