RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lisa Leslie Talks About Bibby, Being a Tool, and her Fiancee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/26/05 2:49 pm    ::: Lisa Leslie Talks About Bibby, Being a Tool, and her Fiancee Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"I may not always be the greatest tool in the shed, but I'll always be in the shed."

No one is suggesting that at 33 her skills have declined. Instead, the Sparks point out she has played the season with a serious groin injury while adjusting to an unfamiliar system installed by yet another new coach.

"One thing when it comes to me: I'm used to setting goals and being successful, and being on top," Leslie said. "With my job of playing basketball, it's a struggle for me right now. There's a frustration not being on top."

Spark Coach Henry Bibby brought with him a system on offense and defense unlike any Leslie had played before. She has been asked to play more high post than low post to be the hub of the motion offense. And because Bibby wants any open player to shoot, she may not always be in rebound position.

"I told him I don't call guys," said Leslie, who broke up with her last boyfriend more than three years ago. But she did give him her number to give to Lockwood.

He called three times before Leslie called back. They talked regularly over the next three weeks before he asked to come out to Los Angeles for a date.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/wnba/sparks/la-sp-leslie26jul26,1,2798856.story?page=2&coll=la-headlines-sports

I wonder how Leslie injured her groin... Shocked

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/26/05 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Fiancee

Fiancee Question Question Question Question

PostPosted: 07/26/05 5:31 pm    ::: Re: Lisa Leslie Talks About Bibby, Being a Tool, and her Fia Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Admiral_Needa"]
Quote:
"I may not always be the greatest tool in the shed, but I'll always be in the shed."

No one is suggesting that at 33 her skills have declined. Instead, the Sparks point out she has played the season with a serious groin injury . . .

The groin injury can't have been too serious. But its nice to see Lisa confess. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/26/05 5:34 pm    ::: Re: Lisa Leslie Talks About Bibby, Being a Tool, and her Fia Reply Reply with quote

lol Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: