RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NBA's Human Victory Cigar Offered to League's Ashtray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:04 pm    ::: NBA's Human Victory Cigar Offered to League's Ashtray Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Coincidentally, one week after Brown and the Pistons parted ways, Brown's former club offered Darko Milicic to the Atlanta Hawks for Al Harrington. Brown's reluctance to play the unproven second-year forward caused a rift between the coach and Detroit president Joe Dumars. Now it appears the Pistons are willing to trade the second overall pick of the 2003 draft.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/331406p-283227c.html

Sounds good to me... Razz There's a lot of open playing time there...

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless this kid proves to be the real deal, that was the biggest draft bust ever, even bigger than Kwame Brown, who might prove to have some upside playing for Dr. Phil. There's no excuse for not drafting Dwayne Wade. Funny that I remember saying at the time, since I'd never seen LeBron play, that Wade would turn out to be the best player in that class. I was just amazed at his athleticism and skill. He got lucky too, but most definitely a fun player to watch and looks like a good kid too.

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Unless this kid proves to be the real deal, that was the biggest draft bust ever, even bigger than Kwame Brown, who might prove to have some upside playing for Dr. Phil. There's no excuse for not drafting Dwayne Wade. Funny that I remember saying at the time, since I'd never seen LeBron play, that Wade would turn out to be the best player in that class. I was just amazed at his athleticism and skill. He got lucky too, but most definitely a fun player to watch and looks like a good kid too.

LaRue Martin!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I know how you feel... Everytime I see Amare Stoudemire play I remember urging the GSWs to take him at #3... Confused But Amare was projected to go 9-13, so St. Jean didn't want to overdraft. It's probably similar with Wade... Pretty much everybody had the 1st 5 set in stone in 2003.

But then again, Detroit was not really one of my favorite teams, so Darko going there didn't bother me too much, and I'm glad Wade didn't go to Toronto, who would have been a good fit too there..

That said, I'd still take LeBron James at #1... Even if I wasn't CLE...

Kwame has shown flashes of good play... so I'm not too worried about his future. But Darko pretty much never played, and not only that, he hasn't really bulked up or grown taller. Well at least if he plays in Atlanta, no one will be able to see his struggles... Exclamation That arena is pretty much a ghost town every night..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: