RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Houston @ Washington
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let me put it this way. I certainly think Washington is coming along as a team and I was very concerned about this game. But... I think the talent differential is just huge. So for the Comets to lose or be losing to the Mystics, to me, means that there's problems with my team. Iron out those problems and the Comets are going to mow through all but a few of the teams in the WNBA.

That's just the way I see it. Sorry if that's disrespectful.

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
sebibb wrote:
game's not over just yet, jammer. show some respect.

Oh, bibb! I'm voracious and cold blooded when it comes to the Houston Comets winning. I can't fake the respect thing.

knowing one's disease is half the cure. at least you're honest about it. i applaud you for being awake this early.

Yawwnnnn.

You say something?

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J with 23pts, 3 rbs and 4 asts on 11/15 FG. WOW!

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Attendance: 16654 For a morning game! Jeez! The rest of the WNBA needs to learn from the Mystics. They dont even go to the post season that often and look at the fans they draw!

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Arcain obviously has a LOT of game left. She needs, in my opinion, to be somewhat preserved, if that's not too cadaverous a thought. You want her to be fresh at all times and not beaten down by the back to backs and travel that's coming. We have plenty of bodies now.

I can't seem to avoid the funereal metaphors this mourning.

Shocked

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Arcain obviously has a LOT of game left. She needs, in my opinion, to be somewhat preserved, if that's not too cadaverous a thought. You want her to be fresh at all times and not beaten down by the back to backs and travel that's coming. We have plenty of bodies now.

Shocked

You most definitely can't!
I see what you're saying, but she still played a lot of minutes today...which I think is great, hopefully she'll be tired tomorrow against the Libs Wink

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Attendance: 16654 For a morning game! Jeez! The rest of the WNBA needs to learn from the Mystics. They dont even go to the post season that often and look at the fans they draw!

Idea Idea Idea

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Idea Idea Idea

Gotta love camp day!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Shocked

Maybe Janeth is a morning person.... Razz

I suppose when Tina starts playing the way she used to play, that Janeth will be able to conserve her energy..

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Shocked

You most definitely can't!
I see what you're saying, but she still played a lot of minutes today...which I think is great, hopefully she'll be tired tomorrow against the Libs Wink

36 minutes is just nuts. Let's see how she does tomorrow but there's also the cumulative effect over the course of the season. But for me the worse thing is if it's a tight game, final minutes, and she's been in there the whole game. That's when she makes mistakes, takes bad shots, and is a target for the other team's younger guards.

Ah shit I've always got to find something to bitch about. Rolling Eyes

that's what mrs. jammer says anyway.

Great game, Janeth! and right on time.

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Idea Idea Idea

Gotta love camp day!

Oh, its camp day? I thought Washington didnt have one but they had kids day every Sunday....

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/26/05 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Idea Idea Idea

Gotta love camp day!

Oh, its camp day? I thought Washington didnt have one but they had kids day every Sunday....

Maybe I am wrong. I pretty much assume that all of the day games are camp days, official or otherwise.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Streaks wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Idea Idea Idea

Gotta love camp day!

Maybe I am wrong. I pretty much assume that all of the day games are camp days, official or otherwise.

Yeah, you could be right. Thats a good assumption.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J can't get a break, the NT coach does the same b.s. with her. At least now we have Izzy to take the pressure off her a little bit, but still...in a game that opened up so quickly, Van could've benched her and Swoopes and played TT a little more. Now that would make sense.

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Shocked

Maybe Janeth is a morning person.... Razz

I suppose when Tina starts playing the way she used to play, that Janeth will be able to conserve her energy..

I just hope they learned their lesson with the Tina business. Everyone loves Tina, she's the WP. But it's already late July and the time for getting your squad set and together is over. All these 2nd and 3rd place teams right around 500. It's like, produce right now or your season will end when Charlotte's ends. The Comets can't have any more upsetting incidents like this.

We've right now got a team that has jelled. My honest opinion from the heart... it's a really good team with some of the best selfless role players you're ever going to see assembled on one roster. The coaching scheme, where he wants them to go and getting them there, has been, for the most part and this most glaring exception aside, UNBELIEVABLE. A sprinkling of superstar-dust is all you need and we've certainly got that.

Maybe he's seen the error of his ways and the rest of the players have figured out what they need to do is just what they were doing. That's a big one right there. I think everyone had to step back and understand that they weren't going to abandon whatever it was that got them this far.

BUT... it never should have happened. This easy victory against the Mystics should have happened last week in front of a big Houston crowd. And we should have thrown the team that beat the Monarchs at the freaking Sparks on Saturday.

We'd be tied for first place if we had. And I'll believe that for as long as I've got my faculties.

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
J can't get a break, the NT coach does the same b.s. with her. At least now we have Izzy to take the pressure off her a little bit, but still...in a game that opened up so quickly, Van could've benched her and Swoopes and played TT a little more. Now that would make sense.

van's afraid the jammer's going to get on a plane to houston and stick those jolly rogers where the sun don't shine. he wasn't ABOUT to put tina back in. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/26/05 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

van's afraid the jammer's going to get on a plane to houston and stick those jolly rogers where the sun don't shine. he wasn't ABOUT to put tina back in. Laughing

Come on down, Mr Jammer and bring the Missus, too.

PostPosted: 07/26/05 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG: ESPN News just showed Styx-Comets highlights, and there wasn't even a fight.

Regarding Muriel's technical, she and Goodie got tangled up after a Comets basket, and pushed each other away. So they got a double tech. No big deal.

The Comets played a very efficient game today, and everyone who played had a good game on the same day. Besides Swoopes and Janeth, Raz game them a great effort off the bench.

I wonder why Chones played instead of Nakia. Maybe Nakia is hurt.

Wash. only has one camp day game.

Who knew Swoopes could hit wide open threes? Live and learn.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/26/05 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Come on down, Mr Jammer and bring the Missus, too.

thanks for the invite. one of these days!

PostPosted: 07/26/05 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FOR YOU BCBG....

AHEM, OLE, OLE, LADIES!!!!!

PostPosted: 07/26/05 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh Lord, I just hope she didn't pick this road trip to start a scoring burst. You know J, she takes her sweet time. She can kill us and Iziane was bad enough with my team already. Those Brazilians are killing my team! Evil or Very Mad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: