RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RULES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/11/09 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
hey guys so we just found out my mom has colon cancer. theres no way imma be able to keep my head in this to do it. if anyone wants to take over, id appreciate it, ill give you the website passwords and stuff so you can update it but as of right now my world just smashed around me.

I vote to postpone this game until an unspecified date...until everyone can have their head in it....it seems as some owners don't care about and it has been trouble to both commissioner so far....I vote this fantasy game officially suspended!!!

Very sorry to hear the sad news Jen, hope it is stage one and everything turns out okay....my grandfather had colon cancer and he lived many years after just fine....so think positive and try to keep your mom positive....you and your mom are in our prayers!!

Last edited by ucdt3 on 09/11/09 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/11/09 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jen, Keep your chin up. I know it's a real beetch but treatments are way better now than they were just a few years ago. Remember to take care of yourself too. Thoughts and prayers go with you.

apocolocyntosis

PostPosted: 09/11/09 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. I'll be thinking about you, your mom, and your family and hoping for the best.

I agree that we should suspend the game. It'll keep us occupied in the looooong off season, and hopefully both RavenDog and JRae will be able to rejoin us! (btw when this continues, we should probably set some stricter time limits and make them known from the start.)

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/11/09 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks guys. i guess its just hitting me harder right now because we just lost my aunt on july 31st to cancer, two of her kids were diagnosed with cancer and my best friend's mom died from cancer as well. cant seem to get rid of this shit if my life depended on it. i just hate it cuz im super close to my parents and just dont know what id do if something went wrong.

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/11/09 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wishing you only the best.

I agree suspend the game and return to it at a later date when hopefully all parties will be able to participate and enjoy.

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/11/09 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i think its a better idea to have the game at a later date as well simply so then we know who the final rosters are lol so then you dont have stuff like the lisa willis stuff.

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/11/09 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
hey guys so we just found out my mom has colon cancer. theres no way imma be able to keep my head in this to do it. if anyone wants to take over, id appreciate it, ill give you the website passwords and stuff so you can update it but as of right now my world just smashed around me.

Wow JRae, I'm sorry about what's going on with you mom. I know what you're going through, I had to go through a similar situation with my mom many years ago. I wish your mom and you the best, hang in there.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/11/09 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J my heart and prayers are with you, your mom, and the rest of your family...

I agree lets put the game on pause til later..

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 09/11/09 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry just got on the computer a bit ago. I agree that in honor of all of those that are living with difficult issues we should suspend. I want everyone here to be having fun, but that can be difficult when you are dealing with alot on your plate. I also think it will be fun for the off-season, though being the sports nut I am I don't really have an off-season and it will take away people thinking of it as the teams playing now. In my thinking I was never approaching any of my moves as being "in-season" I was thinking of what I would like the Dream to look like next year. Best to everyone and I am sure we will still be crossing paths again and again with or without this or any challenge that we face.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: