RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ebay: Okay, I'm confused. Check out this auction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/30/04 2:08 pm    ::: Ebay: Okay, I'm confused. Check out this auction Reply Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6502047004&rd=1

So how does someone have a date for a 2005 WNBA game? Could this be correct, I haven't heard boo about scheduling.

gopher5

PostPosted: 12/30/04 2:15 pm    ::: Re: Ebay: Okay, I'm confused. Check out this auction Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6502047004&rd=1

So how does someone have a date for a 2005 WNBA game? Could this be correct, I haven't heard boo about scheduling.

I have season tickets to the Lynx and have not heard or received any news on a schedule yet. I'm not sure why the person is focusing on the game with the Sparks if this is only the game they are selling tickets for. Strange.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/30/04 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay I'm less confused now. This is a LYNX STH selling two tickets for various games.

All you Lindsay fans try this one on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6502047345&rd=1

If you can get two good ones for $25-$30 this early, maybe it's worth it?

gopher5

PostPosted: 12/30/04 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That makes sense if other games are up there.

It will be interesting to see if anyone buys any of the tickets since they are easy to come by. There were still quite a few empty seats for the CT game last year when Lindsay came and I would guess fewer people will come this year just to see her.

gumption72

PostPosted: 12/30/04 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how many people will come to see Lindsay's Gopher jersey retired before the game on Sunday, Jan 2. I haven't seen it advertised much, but I haven't been looking, either. I ended up with pretty crappy tickets so maybe the Barn will be pretty full.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/30/04 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gumption, you know what a HUGE fan of Lindsay Dani (and of course Puppy Whalen) are; do you think you may be able to get me a program or poster or whatever else they may have to commemmorate? I will gladly pay for whatever it is!

gumption72

PostPosted: 12/31/04 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Gumption, you know what a HUGE fan of Lindsay Dani (and of course Puppy Whalen) are; do you think you may be able to get me a program or poster or whatever else they may have to commemmorate? I will gladly pay for whatever it is!

Yep! I will get as much stuff as I can -- and I will sneak in my camera. I got pretty rotten seats, but they face the action. I am picking up a friend at the airport at noon (ceremony at 1:45) so hopefully I will get there in time. They are also having some kind of half-time tribute also. Don't worry about cost... mail is cheap and Lindsay fans like you are priceless! By the way, I may just change my mind. We need a new picture/pose of Puppy Whalen... that will be payment enough. Happy New Year!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/01/05 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Yep! I will get as much stuff as I can -- and I will sneak in my camera. I got pretty rotten seats, but they face the action. I am picking up a friend at the airport at noon (ceremony at 1:45) so hopefully I will get there in time. They are also having some kind of half-time tribute also. Don't worry about cost... mail is cheap and Lindsay fans like you are priceless! By the way, I may just change my mind. We need a new picture/pose of Puppy Whalen... that will be payment enough. Happy New Year!

I promise, a new DOGGY Whalen pic will be forthcoming. We may need to change that Puppy part.

Doggy Whalen, the soft plush toy's worst nightmare. He can rip the stuffing out of most any toy in under 5 minutes.

gumption72

PostPosted: 01/01/05 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

I promise, a new DOGGY Whalen pic will be forthcoming. We may need to change that Puppy part.

Doggy Whalen, the soft plush toy's worst nightmare. He can rip the stuffing out of most any toy in under 5 minutes.

And such an aptly named dog... considering that the real Whalen does just that same thing to almost every opponent she encounters... Wink

Does Doggie Whalen enjoy a good squeaker? I had to invest in the toys with special pockets for replacable squeakers for my killer trio of "innocent looking" fluffy pups.

And I must add, if you want a courteous dog, get him fixed while he is young and innocent. One of my dogs wasn't fixed until just before I got him (age 6) and, let's just say, he knows what IT is and knows what to do with IT. IT makes for a frustrated and aggressive Hank. Rolling Eyes

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/02/05 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He lives to pull squeakers out and chew on them. It's his first target of assault!

And he's been "tutored" already; got that done promptly at 6 months; he still loves my arm, but not as much as he used to Laughing

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/02/05 1:39 pm    ::: Re: Ebay: Okay, I'm confused. Check out this auction Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

So how does someone have a date for a 2005 WNBA game? ...

The tickets already on ebay - sounds like he can't get a date.

: )

gopher5

PostPosted: 01/03/05 8:14 am    ::: Lindsay's jersey retirement ceremony Reply Reply with quote

I attended the Gopher game on Sunday and the program/dinner after. It was great to honor Lindsay.

The banner was revealed before the start of the game and at half time a proclamation from the governor of MN was read.

The dinner was really enjoyable. Lindsay's high school coach, her best friend from high school, Coach Thibault, Coach Borton, and Janel, Shannon S., Shannon B. all spoke (The master of ceremonies was a local newscaster who has supported the Gopher women's program for a long time). Coach Thibault provided Lindsay with a framed picture of the SI article on the WNBA championship from the Sun organization.

The highlights of the evening for me was the video highlight and Lindsay's speech. The video had pictures of her from a baby on up, footage from her high school games and comments from her family, friends and former teammates.

Lindsay concluded the evening with a very humorous speech. It was really nice to be in attendance for this celebration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: