RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

THE WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE (GAME)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GM AND COACHING CHANGES UPDATE

* Tulsa Pulse hired Cheryl Miller to serve as GM and Olaf Lange to serve as Head Coach. (Apocolocyntosis)

* Los Angeles Sparks fired Head Coach Michael Cooper, hired Pokey Chatman as new Head Coach, and extended GM Penny Toler's contract for 5 years. (Spark4Life)

* Minnesota Lynx fired GM Roger Griffith and hired Yolanda Griffith as the new GM. (Icdt3)

* New York Liberty fired GM Carol Blazejowski and Head Coach Anne Donovan and hired Paul Westhead to serve as both Head Coach and GM. (Myrtle)

* Connecticut fired GM Chris Sienko promoted Mike Thibault to GM and replaced him with Van Chancellor as Head Coach. (Nickv1025)

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Does Minnesota get NY's 1st Rd draft pick just like in the real 2010 WNBA draft?????

Unfortunately, yes. We want to simulate the WNBA as much as possible.

That is a great thing for me....that means i'll have TWO Top 5 Picks....yayyy!!! (maybe i'll trade one away...hint, hint!!!)

Will there be a lottery or will we just go by reverse order of 2009 finish and add in Tulsa to the 4th spot???

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DDUBDAWG is the OWNER of the ATLANTA DREAM.

YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR GM AND COACHING CHANGES IF YOU HAVE ANY AND YOUR 6 PROTECTED PLAYERS.

Smile

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2010 WNBA Draft as of 9/7/09 (w/o Tulsa):

Round 1
1 Sacramento Monarchs
2 Minnesota Lynx (via LA via NY)
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Connecticut Sun
5 Washington Mystics
6 San Antonio Silver Stars
7 Chicago Sky
8 Los Angeles Sparks
9 Detroit Shock
10 Atlanta Dream
11 Seattle Storm
12 Indiana Fever
13 Los Angeles Sparks (via Pho)
Round 2
1 Sacramento Monarchs
2 New York Liberty
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Connecticut Sun
5 Washington Mystics
6 San Antonio Silver Stars
7 Chicago Sky
8 Los Angeles Sparks
9 Detroit Shock
10 Atlanta Dream
11 Seattle Storm
12 Indiana Fever
13 Phoenix Mercury

Last edited by ucdt3 on 09/06/09 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2010 WNBA Draft as of 9/7/09 (w/Tulsa):

Round 1
1 Sacramento Monarchs
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Tulsa Pulse
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
7 San Antonio Silver Stars
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Los Angeles Sparks (via Pho)
Round 2
1 Tulsa Pulse
2 Sacramento Monarchs
3 New York Liberty
4 Minnesota Lynx
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Phoenix Mercury

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will the Owners of each team be allow to see all of the names un- protective for the Tulsa expansion draft, it might be useful for future trade negotiations.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog, would you maybe highlight or bold the protected players as you receive them from the owners so we know who is protected plus know what owners we are waiting on to continue the game??? thanks!!!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I don't remember the league making the expansion protective list public but the Owners and GMs know the players names.

Pants

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
2010 WNBA Draft as of 9/7/09 (w/Tulsa):

Round 1
1 Sacramento Monarchs
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Tulsa Pulse
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Los Angeles Sparks (via Pho)
Round 2
1 Tulsa Pulse
2 Sacramento Monarchs
3 New York Liberty
4 Minnesota Lynx
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Phoenix Mercury

I don't think there is even a point in participating in the draft, being that I have Phoenix and only 1 pick, being the last pick in the draft...

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the Mystics hold the Lynx 2010 2nd rd pick from the Lindsey Harding trade.

January 30
The Minnesota Lynx traded Lindsey Harding, their second-round draft picks in 2009 (23rd overall) and 2010 to the Washington Mystics for their first-round (ninth overall) and second round (15th overall) draft picks in the 2009 draft.

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2009.html

I don't see why Tulsa should get the first pick in the 2nd Rd of the 2010 Draft. the Atlanta Dream was given the 4th pick in each round in 2008.

http://www.wnba.com/draft2008/draft_board.html

Last edited by SportsGuru on 09/06/09 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Will the Owners of each team be allow to see all of the names un- protective for the Tulsa expansion draft, it might be useful for future trade negotiations.

They won't be provided by the League Office as it is private information of the Owner/Team which may or may not compromise their trading position and/or team value. Smile

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
RavenDog, would you maybe highlight or bold the protected players as you receive them from the owners so we know who is protected plus know what owners we are waiting on to continue the game??? thanks!!!

League Office will not provide this information as it is the private information of each Team Owner. Providing this information could compromise their position or trading value. Smile

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GM and Coaching Changes Update:

* Seattle fires GM Karen Bryant along with Head Coach Brian Agler and hires Bill Laimbeer as GM and Geno Auriemma as Head Coach. (Mercfan3)

Please Note:

All the changes and transactions are updated on the first 3 blogs of this message. To keep up to date keep reviewing these 3 blogs. Smile

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:

League Office will not provide this information as it is the private information of each Team Owner. Providing this information could compromise their position or trading value. Smile

I think it's not fair the Tulsa Owner will know all the names of the players not protective but other team owners will not. I guess the commish is getting their 1st protest. Mad

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:

You mean to tell me ALL the owners don't know who their fellow owners protected??? I highly doubt that.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
GM and Coaching Changes Update:

* Seattle fires GM Karen Bryant along with Head Coach Brian Agler and hires Bill Laimbeer as GM and Geno Auriemma as Head Coach. (Mercfan3)

Please Note:

All the changes and transactions are updated on the first 3 blogs of this message. To keep up to date keep reviewing these 3 blogs. Smile

I think it's kind of early to be firing playoff teams GMs and Coaches, what happens if the team goes deep into the playoffs or win the championship, someone will have egg on their face. Laughing

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

I think all the owners should get a vote as to this proposition...b/c is it fair that Geno was available and no one really thought he was????

If not then I want Pat Summitt as my Head Coach!!!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by ucdt3 on 09/06/09 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.

Yes, not realized to public, but the OWNERS aren't the public....we (the Fantasy Owners) should get to know the list!!!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

LOL, I asked, and it was just WNBA coaches that couldn't be hired Wink

I actually originally wanted Westhead, cause I didn't want to be too Uconn centric, but PW got taken..so..might as well go with Best coach available.

Seriously though, if they aren't coaching somewhere else, then they probably aren't that great of a coach..people quit their jobs to take another one all the time. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:

You're correct about the names not being publicly released but I don't think it's fair for 1 team (Tulsa) to know all the names but the Owners of other teams being left in the dark.

apocolocyntosis

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:

Yes, not realized to public, but the OWNERS aren't the public....we (the Fantasy Owners) should get to know the list!!!

why don't you start asking other owners? if it's info nobody minds being shared, then they'll tell you.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:

I think there should be a Fantasy Owners vote on the matter. Cool

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:

LOL, I asked, and it was just WNBA coaches that couldn't be hired Wink

I actually originally wanted Westhead, cause I didn't want to be too Uconn centric, but PW got taken..so..might as well go with Best coach available.

Seriously though, if they aren't coaching somewhere else, then they probably aren't that great of a coach..people quit their jobs to take another one all the time. Very Happy

Westhead shouldn't have been available to be hired either!!!! We the owners we not aware current college coaches were available to be hired...in all actuality, would Geno ever leave UConn for Seattle....NEVER...and if we are trying to be as realistic as possible then having Geno, Summitt, Westhead, etc. is not fair or realistic!!!!!

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if you really wanna know, well then here ill start my 6 protected are:
Brunson, powell, Lawson, Ticha, Haynie and Maiga-Ba

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: