RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

THE WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE (GAME)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23053



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SInce it looks like we're down to only 2 teams I'll take NY.

And for the record, EVERY player is available for trades.

My understanding is that we can't trade, sign, waive anybody until after the expansion draft. Is that correct?


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog is sent you my GM hiring for the Lynx thru PM (plus my 6 protected players)

Currently Missing -

Atl Dream GM: Marynell Meadors

Chi Sky GM: Steven Key

CT Sun GM: Chris Sienko
CT Sun Coach: Mike Thibault

Det Shock GM: Cheryl Reeve
Det Shock Coach: Rick Mahorn

Ind Fever GM: Kelly Krauskopf

LA Sparks GM: Penny Toler

Sea Storm GM: Brian Agler (title is Dir. of Player Personnel)


ddubdawg



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 1905
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apoco, thanks for taking my suggestion of the Pulse. It seems to fit with all the other team names at this point. I feel like I won something. You make me feel special Wink .
Surely someone has picked up ownership of Atlanta by now. If not, I'll take them, even though I am still a little fuzzy on how this works, but I will tell you this, if I do become the owner, don't even think about asking me for Angel. That ain't gonna happen, ever.


JRae



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 671
Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddub, dont feel bad, i have no idea what im doing either lol



_________________
CANCER FREE MOM!


Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
ddubdawg



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 1905
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay it looks like Atlanta is taken, how about Chicago. We get some new digs next year, time to brighten up this rough diamond.


JRae



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 671
Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

actually i think someone took the sky. i think the only team left is Indy



_________________
CANCER FREE MOM!


Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
abontorab9



Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Posts: 6207
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
Okay it looks like Atlanta is taken, how about Chicago. We get some new digs next year, time to brighten up this rough diamond.


I don't think that Atlanta is taken actually


ddubdawg



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 1905
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog just let me know if you want my cash for a team. LOL! I play the lotto here just in hopes of winning so that I could buy a real team. Seriously.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Hoops9092 WILL TAKE Chicago if it's open!!!!!!!!!


Congratulations Hoops9092! You are now the Owner of the Chicago Sky.

When you're ready, send me your 6 protected players through private message.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SInce it looks like we're down to only 2 teams I'll take NY.

And for the record, EVERY player is available for trades.

My understanding is that we can't trade, sign, waive anybody until after the expansion draft. Is that correct?


Yes. But you can hire and fire GM's and Coaches.

Please send me your 6 protected players and congratulations on being the Owner of the NY Liberty!


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
RavenDog is sent you my GM hiring for the Lynx thru PM (plus my 6 protected players)

Currently Missing -

Atl Dream GM: Marynell Meadors

Chi Sky GM: Steven Key

CT Sun GM: Chris Sienko
CT Sun Coach: Mike Thibault

Det Shock GM: Cheryl Reeve
Det Shock Coach: Rick Mahorn

Ind Fever GM: Kelly Krauskopf

LA Sparks GM: Penny Toler

Sea Storm GM: Brian Agler (title is Dir. of Player Personnel)



Thanks! Smile


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ONLY ONE TEAM LEFT :

INDIANA FEVER




Last edited by RavenDog on 09/06/09 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:
Okay it looks like Atlanta is taken, how about Chicago. We get some new digs next year, time to brighten up this rough diamond.


I don't think that Atlanta is taken actually


Congratulations! You are now the owner of the Atlanta Dream!

You may proceed with your GM and Coaching decisions, should you have any and you may send me your 6 protected players through private message..........


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OWNERS:

YOU MAY SUBMIT TO ME YOUR 6 PROTECTED PLAYERS THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGE, IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO.


(WE NEED ONE MORE OWNER FOR INDIANA FEVER YET
)
Smile


apocolocyntosis



Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 714
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

come on, someone please be Indiana so we can get the Expansion Draft rolling! Tulsa is eager to snatch players from y'all!


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah seriously, there as got to be one Fever Nut out there!!!


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Icey23 as the Owner of the Indiana Fever!!!


OK! First order of business is to go into the Expansion Draft. I have received the 6 protected players from several teams, but less than half so far. So Owners...........Go ahead and send your protected players in! Once all team protected player listings are in, I'll send them on to the Tampa Pulse (Apocolocyntosis).

Please note: No signings or waivers can be entertained yet until we complete the Expansion Draft, so all players have the opportunity to participate.

Thanks All of You and Good Luck! Smile


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Congratulations to Icey23 as the Owner of the Indiana Fever!!!


OK! First order of business is to go into the Expansion Draft. I have received the 6 protected players from several teams, but less than half so far. So Owners...........Go ahead and send your protected players in! Once all team protected player listings are in, I'll send them on to the Tampa Pulse (Apocolocyntosis).

Please note: No signings or waivers can be entertained yet until we complete the Expansion Draft, so all players have the opportunity to participate.

Thanks All of You and Good Luck! Smile


Just PM the 6 protective players for the Mystics, it was tough. Wink


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Minnesota get NY's 1st Rd draft pick just like in the real 2010 WNBA draft?????


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3709
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Congratulations to Icey23 as the Owner of the Indiana Fever!!!


OK! First order of business is to go into the Expansion Draft. I have received the 6 protected players from several teams, but less than half so far. So Owners...........Go ahead and send your protected players in! Once all team protected player listings are in, I'll send them on to the Tampa Pulse (Apocolocyntosis).

Please note: No signings or waivers can be entertained yet until we complete the Expansion Draft, so all players have the opportunity to participate.

Thanks All of You and Good Luck! Smile


so now we can sign FA's?

Embarassed just saw you already answered that in another message..



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie


Last edited by Spark4Life on 09/06/09 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Congratulations to Icey23 as the Owner of the Indiana Fever!!!


OK! First order of business is to go into the Expansion Draft. I have received the 6 protected players from several teams, but less than half so far. So Owners...........Go ahead and send your protected players in! Once all team protected player listings are in, I'll send them on to the Tampa Pulse (Apocolocyntosis).

Please note: No signings or waivers can be entertained yet until we complete the Expansion Draft, so all players have the opportunity to participate.
Thanks All of You and Good Luck! Smile


so now we can sign FA's?


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3709
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Congratulations to Icey23 as the Owner of the Indiana Fever!!!


OK! First order of business is to go into the Expansion Draft. I have received the 6 protected players from several teams, but less than half so far. So Owners...........Go ahead and send your protected players in! Once all team protected player listings are in, I'll send them on to the Tampa Pulse (Apocolocyntosis).

Please note: No signings or waivers can be entertained yet until we complete the Expansion Draft, so all players have the opportunity to participate.
Thanks All of You and Good Luck! Smile


so now we can sign FA's?


just saw that.. Embarassed



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Does Minnesota get NY's 1st Rd draft pick just like in the real 2010 WNBA draft?????


Unfortunately, yes. We want to simulate the WNBA as much as possible.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have to complete the Expansion Draft first before signing free agents, trading etc.

I'll let you know when to begin. Smile


Pants



Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 840



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's get going and do this expansion draft... I am excited anticipating the offers for Brooke Smith. Very Happy


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GM AND COACHING CHANGES UPDATE

* Tulsa Pulse hired Cheryl Miller to serve as GM and Olaf Lange to serve as Head Coach. (Apocolocyntosis)

* Los Angeles Sparks fired Head Coach Michael Cooper, hired Pokey Chatman as new Head Coach, and extended GM Penny Toler's contract for 5 years. (Spark4Life)

* Minnesota Lynx fired GM Roger Griffith and hired Yolanda Griffith as the new GM. (Icdt3)

* New York Liberty fired GM Carol Blazejowski and Head Coach Anne Donovan and hired Paul Westhead to serve as both Head Coach and GM. (Myrtle)

* Connecticut fired GM Chris Sienko promoted Mike Thibault to GM and replaced him with Van Chancellor as Head Coach. (Nickv1025)


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Does Minnesota get NY's 1st Rd draft pick just like in the real 2010 WNBA draft?????


Unfortunately, yes. We want to simulate the WNBA as much as possible.


That is a great thing for me....that means i'll have TWO Top 5 Picks....yayyy!!! (maybe i'll trade one away...hint, hint!!!)

Will there be a lottery or will we just go by reverse order of 2009 finish and add in Tulsa to the 4th spot???


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DDUBDAWG is the OWNER of the ATLANTA DREAM.

YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR GM AND COACHING CHANGES IF YOU HAVE ANY AND YOUR 6 PROTECTED PLAYERS.

Smile


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2010 WNBA Draft as of 9/7/09 (w/o Tulsa):

Round 1
1 Sacramento Monarchs
2 Minnesota Lynx (via LA via NY)
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Connecticut Sun
5 Washington Mystics
6 San Antonio Silver Stars
7 Chicago Sky
8 Los Angeles Sparks
9 Detroit Shock
10 Atlanta Dream
11 Seattle Storm
12 Indiana Fever
13 Los Angeles Sparks (via Pho)
Round 2
1 Sacramento Monarchs
2 New York Liberty
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Connecticut Sun
5 Washington Mystics
6 San Antonio Silver Stars
7 Chicago Sky
8 Los Angeles Sparks
9 Detroit Shock
10 Atlanta Dream
11 Seattle Storm
12 Indiana Fever
13 Phoenix Mercury




Last edited by ucdt3 on 09/06/09 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2010 WNBA Draft as of 9/7/09 (w/Tulsa):

Round 1
1 Sacramento Monarchs
2 Minnesota Lynx (via LA via NY)
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Tulsa Pulse
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
7 San Antonio Silver Stars
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Los Angeles Sparks (via Pho)
Round 2
1 Tulsa Pulse
2 Sacramento Monarchs
3 New York Liberty
4 Minnesota Lynx
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
7 San Antonio Silver Stars
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Phoenix Mercury


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will the Owners of each team be allow to see all of the names un- protective for the Tulsa expansion draft, it might be useful for future trade negotiations.


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog, would you maybe highlight or bold the protected players as you receive them from the owners so we know who is protected plus know what owners we are waiting on to continue the game??? thanks!!!


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I don't remember the league making the expansion protective list public but the Owners and GMs know the players names.


Pants



Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 840



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
2010 WNBA Draft as of 9/7/09 (w/Tulsa):

Round 1
1 Sacramento Monarchs
2 Minnesota Lynx (via LA via NY)
3 Minnesota Lynx
4 Tulsa Pulse
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
7 San Antonio Silver Stars
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Los Angeles Sparks (via Pho)
Round 2
1 Tulsa Pulse
2 Sacramento Monarchs
3 New York Liberty
4 Minnesota Lynx
5 Connecticut Sun
6 Washington Mystics
7 San Antonio Silver Stars
8 Chicago Sky
9 Los Angeles Sparks
10 Detroit Shock
11 Atlanta Dream
12 Seattle Storm
13 Indiana Fever
14 Phoenix Mercury



I don't think there is even a point in participating in the draft, being that I have Phoenix and only 1 pick, being the last pick in the draft...


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the Mystics hold the Lynx 2010 2nd rd pick from the Lindsey Harding trade.

January 30
The Minnesota Lynx traded Lindsey Harding, their second-round draft picks in 2009 (23rd overall) and 2010 to the Washington Mystics for their first-round (ninth overall) and second round (15th overall) draft picks in the 2009 draft.

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2009.html

I don't see why Tulsa should get the first pick in the 2nd Rd of the 2010 Draft. the Atlanta Dream was given the 4th pick in each round in 2008.

http://www.wnba.com/draft2008/draft_board.html




Last edited by SportsGuru on 09/06/09 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Will the Owners of each team be allow to see all of the names un- protective for the Tulsa expansion draft, it might be useful for future trade negotiations.


They won't be provided by the League Office as it is private information of the Owner/Team which may or may not compromise their trading position and/or team value. Smile


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
RavenDog, would you maybe highlight or bold the protected players as you receive them from the owners so we know who is protected plus know what owners we are waiting on to continue the game??? thanks!!!


League Office will not provide this information as it is the private information of each Team Owner. Providing this information could compromise their position or trading value. Smile


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5834



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GM and Coaching Changes Update:

* Seattle fires GM Karen Bryant along with Head Coach Brian Agler and hires Bill Laimbeer as GM and Geno Auriemma as Head Coach. (Mercfan3)


Please Note:

All the changes and transactions are updated on the first 3 blogs of this message. To keep up to date keep reviewing these 3 blogs. Smile


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
RavenDog, would you maybe highlight or bold the protected players as you receive them from the owners so we know who is protected plus know what owners we are waiting on to continue the game??? thanks!!!


League Office will not provide this information as it is the private information of each Team Owner. Providing this information could compromise their position or trading value. Smile


I think it's not fair the Tulsa Owner will know all the names of the players not protective but other team owners will not. I guess the commish is getting their 1st protest. Mad


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
RavenDog, would you maybe highlight or bold the protected players as you receive them from the owners so we know who is protected plus know what owners we are waiting on to continue the game??? thanks!!!


League Office will not provide this information as it is the private information of each Team Owner. Providing this information could compromise their position or trading value. Smile


You mean to tell me ALL the owners don't know who their fellow owners protected??? I highly doubt that.


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
GM and Coaching Changes Update:

* Seattle fires GM Karen Bryant along with Head Coach Brian Agler and hires Bill Laimbeer as GM and Geno Auriemma as Head Coach. (Mercfan3)


Please Note:

All the changes and transactions are updated on the first 3 blogs of this message. To keep up to date keep reviewing these 3 blogs. Smile


I think it's kind of early to be firing playoff teams GMs and Coaches, what happens if the team goes deep into the playoffs or win the championship, someone will have egg on their face. Laughing


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

I think all the owners should get a vote as to this proposition...b/c is it fair that Geno was available and no one really thought he was????

If not then I want Pat Summitt as my Head Coach!!!! Twisted Evil




Last edited by ucdt3 on 09/06/09 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
abontorab9



Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Posts: 6207
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.


Yes, not realized to public, but the OWNERS aren't the public....we (the Fantasy Owners) should get to know the list!!!


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18371



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

If not then I want Pat Summitt as my Head Coach!!!! Twisted Evil


LOL, I asked, and it was just WNBA coaches that couldn't be hired Wink

I actually originally wanted Westhead, cause I didn't want to be too Uconn centric, but PW got taken..so..might as well go with Best coach available.

Seriously though, if they aren't coaching somewhere else, then they probably aren't that great of a coach..people quit their jobs to take another one all the time. Very Happy



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.


You're correct about the names not being publicly released but I don't think it's fair for 1 team (Tulsa) to know all the names but the Owners of other teams being left in the dark.


apocolocyntosis



Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 714
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:
To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.


Yes, not realized to public, but the OWNERS aren't the public....we (the Fantasy Owners) should get to know the list!!!


why don't you start asking other owners? if it's info nobody minds being shared, then they'll tell you.


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:
To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.


Yes, not realized to public, but the OWNERS aren't the public....we (the Fantasy Owners) should get to know the list!!!


I think there should be a Fantasy Owners vote on the matter. Cool


ucdt3



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 5104



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

If not then I want Pat Summitt as my Head Coach!!!! Twisted Evil


LOL, I asked, and it was just WNBA coaches that couldn't be hired Wink

I actually originally wanted Westhead, cause I didn't want to be too Uconn centric, but PW got taken..so..might as well go with Best coach available.

Seriously though, if they aren't coaching somewhere else, then they probably aren't that great of a coach..people quit their jobs to take another one all the time. Very Happy


Westhead shouldn't have been available to be hired either!!!! We the owners we not aware current college coaches were available to be hired...in all actuality, would Geno ever leave UConn for Seattle....NEVER...and if we are trying to be as realistic as possible then having Geno, Summitt, Westhead, etc. is not fair or realistic!!!!!


JRae



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 671
Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if you really wanna know, well then here ill start my 6 protected are:
Brunson, powell, Lawson, Ticha, Haynie and Maiga-Ba



_________________
CANCER FREE MOM!


Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin