RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

THE WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE (GAME)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddubdawg

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog did you get my PM on the players and other hirings? Maybe I just don't know howto PM on the message board!

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
New Transactions:

Minnesota Lynx hired Pat Summit as Head Coach and retained Jennifer Gillom as Asst. Coach.

New York Liberty has designated Crystal Robinson as Asst. Coach.

Please note:

The League has decided to go ahead and honor Assistant Coach positions, if Owners so desire. However, they are fair game for other Owners to contract with for Head Coaching and GM jobs, i.e., Olaf Lange. Smile

Wait a minute commish isn't that a NCAA violation against Pat Summit or any other NCAA Coach taking a WNBA Head Coaching job while still being the Head Coach of their NCAA team.

NO, apparently NOT....that's why I jumped on board the Summitt train, Geno is in Seattle, Van is in CT, and Westhead is in NY!!!! Get a good on while you can

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
RavenDog did you get my PM on the players and other hirings? Maybe I just don't know howto PM on the message board!

Click on Ravendog's username and then click the PM button and then type your message and then send it!!!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
New Transactions:

Minnesota Lynx hired Pat Summit as Head Coach and retained Jennifer Gillom as Asst. Coach.

New York Liberty has designated Crystal Robinson as Asst. Coach.

Please note:

The League has decided to go ahead and honor Assistant Coach positions, if Owners so desire. However, they are fair game for other Owners to contract with for Head Coaching and GM jobs, i.e., Olaf Lange. Smile

Wait a minute commish isn't that a NCAA violation against Pat Summit or any other NCAA Coach taking a WNBA Head Coaching job while still being the Head Coach of their NCAA team.

Well in this new and improved WNBA, we can only assume this would be the ideal destination for the best coaches in the world. Twisted Evil Razz

It's still a NCAA violation and I think the NCAA would frown upon the WNBA conducting such a policy.

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did that at 4AM this morning and just did it again. Why does it not seem to be working. Raven please tell me that you got my list and I am not as messed up as everyone else seems to think I am. LOL. And I hire Billie Jean King as an Assistant Coach. Oh and I would like to sign Melanie Oudin, just because she has a lot of spunk and America now loves her. Brings in the fans. Sorry I am sure I have broken several rules there. Sorry.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
I did that at 4AM this morning and just did it again. Why does it not seem to be working. Raven please tell me that you got my list and I am not as messed up as everyone else seems to think I am. LOL. And I hire Billie Jean King as an Assistant Coach. Oh and I would like to sign Melanie Oudin, just because she has a lot of spunk and America now loves her. Brings in the fans. Sorry I am sure I have broken several rules there. Sorry.

Check your OUTBOX...if the messages are there then RavenDog hasn't read your messages yet....if they are now in the SENTBOX then they have been read!!!

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog, will you please PM me so that I know that I am not holding up this whole affair. I loves me some women's basketball and do not want to be a hindrance to any fun.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
These laggards should be given a time limit. If they don't respond, a couple of the rest of us can 'help' them out with best possible guesses:
I.E.
IMO
Atlanta: protect Izzi, Erika, Claw, Lehning, Lyttle, and Angel
Chicago: protect Canty, DuPree, Fowles, Perkins, Toliver, and Ely
SASS: protect Hammon, Young, Riley, Frazee, Darling, and Wauters

SASS might protect Snell instead of Darling or Frazee
Chicago might protect someone other than Toliver
but those are my best guesses.

or we could get a bystander like Queenie to help them make those choices.

I didn't protect Dominique Canty because she'll be going on her 11th year next season and IMO she's winding down, instead I went with Erin Thorn, as she is young and is capabale of consistantly hitting her shots Very Happy

hoops9092

Violating the privacy of this information is a serious League infraction, especially in this case since Tulsa has not yet received their official listing. You will be informed what action the League decides to take prior to the beginning of the 2010 WNBA Draft.

Then you need to sanction JRae as well for sharing his??/her??'s....but personally if the owner wants to publicize their players, they should be allowed, they OWN the team!!

apocolocyntosis

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YAY, I (Tulsa) have received the list from RavenDog! Very Happy

Last edited by apocolocyntosis on 09/07/09 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

apocolocyntosis wrote:
YAY, I (Tulsa) have recieved the list from RavenDog! Very Happy

You have got some work cut out ahead of you!!! Good Luck Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have fun, but hurry up! Laughing

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Have fun, but hurry up! Laughing

Yeah seriously, how long does it take to pick a team from the AWESOME list of players you were given??? I think 20 minutes is a sufficiant amount of time....

Laughing Wink

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Meadors could do it...

Razz

apocolocyntosis

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You peeps are funny. Tulsa will be taking her own sweet time. Razz

Other owners may want to contemplate whether there are any messages they'd like to communicate to Tulsa. Tulsa is all ears.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

apocolocyntosis wrote:

'receive' - i before e except after c - we don't want to offend Queenie any more than we do already.

apocolocyntosis

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
apocolocyntosis wrote:

'receive' - i before e except after c - we don't want to offend Queenie any more than we do already.

That was the interns' fault. I had them take care of it.

Pants

PostPosted: 09/07/09 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Phoenix Mercury Front Office will entertain any and all interesting and/or reasonable offers...

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/07/09 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thats true, i did say who i saved. btw my name is jen just so ya know lol

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Initial Signings

Initial Signing of ONE player will adhere to the following order:

1. Tulsa
2. Sacramento
3. New York
4. Minnesota
5. Connecticut
6. Washington
7. San Antonio
8. Chicago
9. Los Angeles
10. Detroit
11. Atlanta
12. Seattle
13. Indiana
14, Phoenix

It will be done live ON LINE. Tulsa will choose first and submit their selection to HQ by private message. HQ will review/approve it and then post it for all Owners to see and then move on to Sacramento, etc., etc.

This Initial Signing is to equitably and orderly allow Owners to replenish their rosters to the 11 player ceiling except Tulsa whose new temporary ceiling will be 14.

Please note; that Owners can choose to pass. There is no requirement that an Owner must carry the maximum temporary ceiling amounts.

Owners are not permitted to process waivers, new signings or trades through HQ until this Initial Signing process is completed.

Keep in mind that once the 2010 WNBA Draft is completed all Owners will be required to be within the 11 player ceilings.

During this phase of the Challenge, HQ has no restrictions about Owners openly discussing free agents at will, if they so choose.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/07/09 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Initial Signings

Initial Signing of ONE player will adhere to the following order:

1. Tulsa
2. Sacramento
3. New York
4. Minnesota
5. Connecticut
6. Washington
7. San Antonio
8. Chicago
9. Los Angeles
10. Detroit
11. Atlanta
12. Seattle
13. Indiana
14, Phoenix

It will be done live ON LINE. Tulsa will choose first and submit their selection to HQ by private message. HQ will review/approve it and then post it for all Owners to see and then move on to Sacramento, etc., etc.

This Initial Signing is to equitably and orderly allow Owners to replenish their rosters to the 11 player ceiling except Tulsa whose new temporary ceiling will be 14.

Please note; that Owners can choose to pass. There is no requirement that an Owner must carry the maximum temporary ceiling amounts.

Owners are not permitted to process waivers, new signings or trades through HQ until this Initial Signing process is completed.

Keep in mind that once the 2010 WNBA Draft is completed all Owners will be required to be within the 11 player ceilings.

During this phase of the Challenge, HQ has no restrictions about Owners openly discussing free agents at will, if they so choose.

Directed to the Commish. You're changing the rules too much, first you say each team except for Tulsa can have 12 players now you're saying 11 players. I think the Owners of each team should vote on the Maximum number of players for the off-season.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah this 11-player roster in the off-season idea SUCKS....i second the motion to have a owner vote on the Roster Limit topic!!!!

B/w trades, FA signings, and draft picks plus 10-player roster, it is unreasonable the expect the owners to only carry a 11-player roster in the off-season...now 15 is much more reasonable!!!

Plus in a WEEK that order could be drastically different based on the FINAL week of games b4 the conclusion of the 2009 season (which is what I thought we were waiting for in terms of the signings, waivings, and draft)...i thought this final week was for the expansion draft and trades ONLY!!!

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/07/09 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. I think there should be a 14 player roster limit until a certain date.

And then cut down to 11.

Also, are we waiting until the end of the season to do these initial signings?

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/07/09 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i must agree in the offseason the monarchs had 15 players and cut to the 11 player roster two days before the season started.

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

when do we find out what Tulsa took?

PostPosted: 09/07/09 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey ddubdawg do you know how to check your messages? Click on Private Messages at the top of the page and your inbox. You might have some Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: