RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

THE WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE (GAME)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
if you really wanna know, well then here ill start my 6 protected are:
Brunson, powell, Lawson, Ticha, Haynie and Maiga-Ba

I appreciate you making your protective list public. I can't make my list public because my team is still in the playoff hunt, I wouldn't want to disturb any of my players. Smile

I bet Tulsa will take Courtney Paris off your hand.

Last edited by SportsGuru on 09/06/09 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
if you really wanna know, well then here ill start my 6 protected are:
Brunson, powell, Lawson, Ticha, Haynie and Maiga-Ba

Confused Over Paris or Walker?

RavenDog

ucdt3 wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:
To be perfectly fair, a list was not publicly released when the same was done for Atlanta.

And I'm sure we can almost guess what six players were protected from each team.

Yes, not realized to public, but the OWNERS aren't the public....we (the Fantasy Owners) should get to know the list!!!
\\

In Poker terms, you'd be giving away your hand. One Owner may think highly of player A and another not. Your bartering for players, it's smart to keep your information and opinions private. Obviously, you want to make the best deal for your club. Smile

mercfan3

ucdt3 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

If not then I want Pat Summitt as my Head Coach!!!! Twisted Evil

LOL, I asked, and it was just WNBA coaches that couldn't be hired Wink

I actually originally wanted Westhead, cause I didn't want to be too Uconn centric, but PW got taken..so..might as well go with Best coach available.

Seriously though, if they aren't coaching somewhere else, then they probably aren't that great of a coach..people quit their jobs to take another one all the time. Very Happy

Westhead shouldn't have been available to be hired either!!!! We the owners we not aware current college coaches were available to be hired...in all actuality, would Geno ever leave UConn for Seattle....NEVER...and if we are trying to be as realistic as possible then having Geno, Summitt, Westhead, etc. is not fair or realistic!!!!!

The rules are written in there if you had bothered to read...we can't hire someone else's coach

Is it really realistic...no...I think Westhead might leave a team to coach in the WNBA again, but Geno probably not. Still, the rules are there.

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

need a back up pg lol. when one of them can handle the ball to bring it up court, then ill keep one of them. if paris is taken, ok, that sucks, but at the same time, even if i were to draft a pg it would take months if not years to get them fully ready to take over for ticha, atleast with haynie, i have a step inbetween.

and yes this is showing my hand, but its not because i think highly of the 6 i picked, its because i was thinking more of needs then of who i really want. being able to only protect 6, you have to let better players go into the expansion and hope they take the one player thats there that you dont want to give up. and the best way to look at it is that paris and walker are there and one will still be there. if i would have kept paris for example and let haynie go, there is a good chance i would still have haynie and would lose walker in the process, so the outcome is still the same.

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll like to ask the Commish this, how will teams be able to work out a trade with the Tulsa team if other Owners don't know the names of the players not protective. Let's say I'm willing to offer Tulsa a draft pick for a player who is not protective they wouldn't select unless I entice them with a draft pick.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I'll like to ask the Commish this, how will teams be able to work out a trade with the Tulsa team if other Owners don't know the names of the players not protective. Let's say I'm willing to offer Tulsa a draft pick for a player who is not protective they wouldn't select unless I entice them with a draft pick.

Well we are going to know what players Tulsa picked soon. Then we can make trades.

Or am I misunderstanding your question.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Just my Opinion, but any COACH currently with a job anyWHERE should NOT be eligible for the WNBA...it should only be Coaches or Players without JOBS at the current moment!!!!

If not then I want Pat Summitt as my Head Coach!!!! Twisted Evil

LOL, I asked, and it was just WNBA coaches that couldn't be hired Wink

I actually originally wanted Westhead, cause I didn't want to be too Uconn centric, but PW got taken..so..might as well go with Best coach available.

Seriously though, if they aren't coaching somewhere else, then they probably aren't that great of a coach..people quit their jobs to take another one all the time. Very Happy

Westhead shouldn't have been available to be hired either!!!! We the owners we not aware current college coaches were available to be hired...in all actuality, would Geno ever leave UConn for Seattle....NEVER...and if we are trying to be as realistic as possible then having Geno, Summitt, Westhead, etc. is not fair or realistic!!!!!

The rules are written in there if you had bothered to read...we can't hire someone else's coach

Is it really realistic...no...I think Westhead might leave a team to coach in the WNBA again, but Geno probably not. Still, the rules are there.

I have to agree. It's not realistic that NBA and top college coaches would be available for these jobs.

WNBA Assistant Coaches are open season for promotion purposes, i.e., Olaf Lange. Pokey Chatman was a viable candidate. Pat Summitt and so forth are a stretch. There just not going to leave their jobs for these.

Some of you may want to reconsider your choices:)

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm keeping Van Chancellor.

He would come back. Twisted Evil

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it ok to advertise?
Come one, come all!
I have some great players for sale! Laughing
I have some good players for sale! Very Happy
I have some mediocre players for sale! Smile
I have some uh-hum players for sale! Sad
I have some players I might pay you to take for sale! Embarassed

A little bit of something for everyone.
Don't miss out on one of the best sales of the century!
Nobody is exempt! Everybody is available!

Make an offer and the player of your dreams could play for your team!
First come, first serve.
Customer service is our motto.

caveat: you must however offer something of comparable value, not some piece of crap for my good and great players!

JRae

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hey someone buy the indy team so we can get this game going!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Well we are going to know what players Tulsa picked soon. Then we can make trades.

Let's say Tulsa is torn between 2 players from the same team or doesn't want to select a player from a particular team but another Owner might want to dangle a draft pick for that player, how will the other Owner know if the player was left unprotective for the expansion draft.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Westhead might reasonably come back, whereas it is less likely that Geno or Pat would leave their cushy dynasties. Still where do you draw the line? This is fantasy after all.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Is it ok to advertise?
Come one, come all!

First come, first serve.

caveat: you must however offer something of comparable value, not some piece of crap for my good and great players!

But make sure you do it by private messages between/among you......... Smile

JRae

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

then how bout any owner who wants their 6 protected to be known, do as i did, just post it. its just like whiz pretty much giving away who he protected when atlanta was drafting players. i dont feel its a big deal and if theres another owner who doesnt care, i say just post it. i dont think its a big deal. let the owners have a choice whether they want to release it or not.

apocolocyntosis

Hey, SportsGuru and other owners, I (Tulsa) am more than willing to listen to expansion draft trade proposals. After all, I know who's available. Feel free to PM me. Wink

SportsGuru

myrtle wrote:
Is it ok to advertise?
Come one, come all!

First come, first serve.

Not that I want him/her but is Mascot up for trade. Laughing

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I will provide the private information of the unprotected players to Tulsa. Tulsa will choose 13 players - one from each team.

Tulsa will provide me their selections privately and I will post them in the Transactions blog and update the Team blog at the front of this message. You will then know what players every team has on their rosters.

Not adhering to the privacy rules takes away from the integrity, skills and fun of the game.

It's the same procedures used by the WNBA.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many players will Tulsa be allow to select from each team in the expansion draft ?

JRae

PostPosted: 09/06/09 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i assume its like all the drafts, they can only pick one player from each team

apocolocyntosis

Tulsa gets 1 player from every team.

So are expansion draft trade deals not allowed? I won't do any if that's against the rules!

SportsGuru

RavenDog wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I will provide the private information of the unprotected players to Tulsa. Tulsa will choose 13 players - one from each team.

Tulsa will provide me their selections privately and I will post them in the Transactions blog and update the Team blog at the front of this message. You will then know what players every team has on their rosters.

Not adhering to the privacy rules takes away from the integrity, skills and fun of the game.

It's the same procedures used by the WNBA.

SFO didn't adhere to the rules, it got him a couple of championships. Rolling Eyes

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

Not that I want him/her but is Mascot up for trade. Laughing

Sorry Maddie is cored....but if the price is right I might consider it.

JRae

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol you guys are funny

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

I did read the rules....that's why I think it's unfair you get to hire Geno....he coaches the UCONN Huskies....it was NEVER stated we could hire college coaches....it was ONLY stated we couldn't hire current WNBA Head Coaches....but it SHOULD state we can't hire NBA or College Men/Women's Head Coaches as well.

So Commissioner RavenDog are you ruling Auriemma and Westhead ineligible???

Last edited by ucdt3 on 09/07/09 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: