RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Motown vs. Sactown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Buesher's effort and hustle plays are overlooked throughout the league. The Monarchs and their fans see it, but I dont know if the league has the respect for her that I think they should. Good game overall for the Monarchs! Powell is my hero!

I agree re Buesher. She's always been a solid contributer off the bench no matter where she's been. She deserves a little respect. What'd she have tonight? Something like 7 and 7, with a few assists, blocks and no turnovers? No bad... and she's not bad on the eyes either Razz

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ryan2528 wrote:
Quote:
I think Buesher's effort and hustle plays are overlooked throughout the league. The Monarchs and their fans see it, but I dont know if the league has the respect for her that I think they should. Good game overall for the Monarchs! Powell is my hero!

I agree re Buesher. She's always been a solid contributer off the bench no matter where she's been. She deserves a little respect. What'd she have tonight? Something like 7 and 7, with a few assists, blocks and no turnovers? No bad... and she's not bad on the eyes either Razz

I agree. I like some eye candy once in a while Wink

wadethered

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
I agree Slovy. I'd rather see LA get that kind of treatment Wink

Oh yes, what a game that was! One of my favorite moments this season!

icey23

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EP get a T her first game back. Wink

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprise Surprise.

sactowndiva

PostPosted: 07/24/05 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No matter if you like Sac. or not...these players can hoop when they play great defense. When the defense clicks then the offense gets going. Tonight was our game. Everyone played with such husstle & heart.
Brunson was a animal on the boards. Powell was on FIRE! Overall just a great rebound from last Fridays game vs. the Liberty.

Coach Laimbeer was barking at the refs. all night. Especially when 4 offensive calls went aganist the Shock. I love watching Tweety Nolan...she's got some serious hops. On this night she was the only player that stood out for Detroit.

sambista

PostPosted: 07/24/05 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sactowndiva wrote:
I love watching Tweety Nolan...she's got some serious hops. On this night she was the only player that stood out for Detroit.

and not by much, unfortunately.

where's pilight? was this the largest win margain ever? i was thinking not, but i'm not sure.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Slovydal wrote:
That was a real beat-down by the Monarchs!

Too bad the Shock was at the other end of it.

: (

I agree Slovy. I'd rather see LA get that kind of treatment Wink

They'll get their shot at LA this week.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talk about two different teams. And I mean the Monarchs from Friday vs. the Monarchs from tonight. So much better. Everyone scored tonight. That's the balance that has been missing for two games. We needed that win.

The bench was so much fun to watch tonight. Loved watching Yo at the end of the game. She went down the bench, one by one, and gave everyone a kiss on the cheek.

Great effort by everyone tonight. Career night for Nicole Powell, first double double for Brunson. Erin, Ticha, Yo, Maiga...so many played well tonight. And I think Ticha's defense on Nolan was key. Cause once Nolan gets the ball, she can get by anyone. She just has amazing quickness. But for the most part, Ticha didn't let her touch the ball when she was on her.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/05 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
Talk about two different teams. And I mean the Monarchs from Friday vs. the Monarchs from tonight. So much better. Everyone scored tonight. That's the balance that has been missing for two games. We needed that win.

The bench was so much fun to watch tonight. Loved watching Yo at the end of the game. She went down the bench, one by one, and gave everyone a kiss on the cheek.

Great effort by everyone tonight. Career night for Nicole Powell, first double double for Brunson. Erin, Ticha, Yo, Maiga...so many played well tonight. And I think Ticha's defense on Nolan was key. Cause once Nolan gets the ball, she can get by anyone. She just has amazing quickness. But for the most part, Ticha didn't let her touch the ball when she was on her.

ticha played good D on nolan.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
sactowndiva wrote:
I love watching Tweety Nolan...she's got some serious hops. On this night she was the only player that stood out for Detroit.

and not by much, unfortunately.

where's pilight? was this the largest win margain ever? i was thinking not, but i'm not sure.

from Yahoo sports:
"The 40-point decision is the fourth-largest margin of victory in WNBA history and surpassed the Monarchs' team record 39-point win over Minnesota (91-52) on July 3, 2001. The largest margin of victory in league history was Houston's 45-point win over Washington (110-65) in August 1998."

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 07/25/05 5:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
streaks wrote:
I think Buesher's effort and hustle plays are overlooked throughout the league. The Monarchs and their fans see it, but I dont know if the league has the respect for her that I think they should. Good game overall for the Monarchs! Powell is my hero! Laughing

WOW, SACTO!!!

i went to bed at the half, but hopefully caught the second half on tape. Rather shocking since the first half was close.

i agree about buescher. She annoyed, er, impressed me vs. the Libbies on Friday night. she always seems to be under the basket, getting the rebound, and putting it back in. She did the same thing last night vs. Motown.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baby Yo is just warming up. Look out, West!
This girl is the closest thing to Katrina McClain you'll ever see once she acquires a J and can make FT's.
14 rebounds against the self-proclaimed best frontcourt in the league isn't too shabby.
On another note, why oh why did SFO bring Cash back if she's not ready?
The way she's playing is embarrassing...she is MUCH better than that.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
from Yahoo sports:
"The 40-point decision is the fourth-largest margin of victory in WNBA history and surpassed the Monarchs' team record 39-point win over Minnesota (91-52) on July 3, 2001. The largest margin of victory in league history was Houston's 45-point win over Washington (110-65) in August 1998."

thanks, stever. i was trying to think back on one of those 100-plus games.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: