RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Motown vs. Sactown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:02 pm    ::: Motown vs. Sactown Reply Reply with quote

what a cute intro with ticha saying "motown" vs. Kara Lawson saying "Sactown"...

Go Monarchs!!! Kill Bill Gangstas...

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powell is on fire!

smenko

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riley needs stick-em to hold onto the ball. Ugghh!

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe i missed it but i didn't hear nuttin' about elaine powell's timeout away from the W...

altho i noticed the same flash of anger towards a sacto guard who happenned to be right on her hip...as Pow Powell threw up her arms in disgust...

the refs better be watching her like a hawk...

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Way to hang tough Sactown!!

Tough going without the Ms. Lane Walker...but N. Powell showed up...
Erin Buescher is also always in the action...

and if maiga gets going...

motown, you're goin' down!!

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How 'bout the other Powell? Nicole! 13 points so far? Is that right?? Saved from Charlotte... what a bargain!

sambista

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gawd, sacto looks good. i'm exhausted. feels like the game should be over already. those guys give 150 percent. what workhorses. go, monarchs! and every time they take a nanosecond to celebrate or take a deep breath, detroit scores on 'em. great basketball.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is YO? Is she not playing for some reason?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
gawd, sacto looks good. i'm exhausted. feels like the game should be over already. those guys give 150 percent. what workhorses. go, monarchs! and every time they take a nanosecond to celebrate or take a deep breath, detroit scores on 'em. great basketball.

I don't usually jump into a thread just to disagree, but this time I must. Sacto looks awful to me. They do play defense, however, and at times it looks like a tough defense. And they certainly are working their butts off. I'll leave it at that.

Detroit was not an actual basketball team in that first half. They are SO irresponsible with that thing they might think of as "shot selection" that it's actually not hard for me anyway to see where SAC's pretty solid defense ends and Detroits ridiculous shooting begins.

It's a pretty bad example of basketball so far, if you ask me.

And you didn't. Twisted Evil

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 07/24/05 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bullsky

Sacramento is playing awesome. That no-look pass to Yo from Ticha was sweeeeeeet.

bigsportzbabe

Rothum wrote:
Where is YO? Is she not playing for some reason?

early foul trouble

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

geez, this guy reads the seattle paper and now perpetuates the falsehood that laimbeer didn't shake donovan's hand. sheesh.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I'm done with this game. I cannot stand the announcers. I cannot stand watching my team play so awful. And I cannot stand all this negative stuff I am hearing about the Shock. Have a good night.

jammerbirdi

jeez! I miss the first three minutes of the second half and suddenly it's a blowout!

WTF?

I guess you can call the shock the bad girls for two reasons. One cause they play physical and two because they are sucking it up right now Laughing

Last edited by bullsky on 07/24/05 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sambista

jammerbirdi wrote:
sebibb wrote:

I don't usually jump into a thread just to disagree, but this time I must. Sacto looks awful to me. They do play defense, however, and at times it looks like a tough defense. And they certainly are working their butts off. I'll leave it at that.

Detroit was not an actual basketball team in that first half. They are SO irresponsible with that thing they might think of as "shot selection" that it's actually not hard for me anyway to see where SAC's pretty solid defense ends and Detroits ridiculous shooting begins.

jammer, what a crock. (where'd it go?) in fact, i was thinking right before the half, damn - these guys are playing with an intensity i haven't seen since the old comets. everybody's contributing, the bench is strong, they're maintaining the lead WITHOUT yo. hell, what else would you like them to do?

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How good would Brunson be if she had a jump shot?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raise your hand if you saw more than one Detroit player throwing the ball at the glass and calling it a shot.

I've seen about a half dozen of those.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
How good would Brunson be if she had a jump shot?

she is working on it,give her time... Wink

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
sebibb wrote:

jammer, what a crock. (where'd it go?) in fact, i was thinking right before the half, damn - these guys are playing with an intensity i haven't seen since the old comets. everybody's contributing, the bench is strong, they're maintaining the lead WITHOUT yo. hell, what else would you like them to do?

Hey. I thought they looked pretty bad. I thought Detroit was embarassingly bad but I SAC didn't look to be playing great. I'd like to see their shooting % from the first half. They certainly don't have the talent that the Shock has. And what have I been saying about that. A team that plays together will beat a more talented team that isn't.

But I'm just that high on SAC. Sorry. We will see who's right in the end and that's all I can say.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

meant to say I'm just NOT that high on SAC.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Buesher's effort and hustle plays are overlooked throughout the league. The Monarchs and their fans see it, but I dont know if the league has the respect for her that I think they should. Good game overall for the Monarchs! Powell is my hero! Laughing

Slovydal

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a real beat-down by the Monarchs!

Too bad the Shock was at the other end of it.

: (

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

I agree Slovy. I'd rather see LA get that kind of treatment Wink

icey23

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

I agree Slovy. I'd rather see LA get that kind of treatment Wink

Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: