RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A question for Comets fans...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, Sheryl said that Tina's return affected the flowing that the Comets had created and good results may be altered to some degree. This not a direct quote. I don't think it really bothered Tina because in the same article said she should have to be the one to mesh with the time.

Sheryl said having Tina caused others to become hesitant in the manner that had been playing. She said that people were not sure what they were suppose to do. (their role) She should include herself. It was not I think a personal attack on TT.

She said she tried to tell the other players just do what they have been doing. It will all work out once the Comets get that first win. I hope that comes Tuesday.

Jammer, I can only think of one game were Kristin's defense has been a factor in a game. And that was her rebounding. If you were at the games, you would know she is not bringing as much as you imply. Fans were starting to beg for Tari in the starting lineup. Everyone assumed Raz's minutes would diminish with the return of TT.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/25/05 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
No, Sheryl said that Tina's return affected the flowing that the Comets had created and good results may be altered to some degree. This not a direct quote. I don't think it really bothered Tina because in the same article said she should have to be the one to mesh with the time.

Sheryl said having Tina caused others to become hesitant in the manner that had been playing. She said that people were not sure what they were suppose to do. (their role) She should include herself. It was not I think a personal attack on TT.

She said she tried to tell the other players just do what they have been doing. It will all work out once the Comets get that first win. I hope that comes Tuesday.

Jammer, I can only think of one game were Kristin's defense has been a factor in a game. And that was her rebounding. If you were at the games, you would know she is not bringing as much as you imply. Fans were starting to beg for Tari in the starting lineup. Everyone assumed Raz's minutes would diminish with the return of TT.

Well I have to defer to you because you're seeing a lot more games than I'm seeing. Raz has looked superb to me when the defensive intensity is there. Hey... I TOO have been calling for Tari to start. I don't think that Raz is Tari by any means. I think Sancho should be spelling Snow and, in a Tina-less world, Raz could be backing up Tari.

Here's my last though. (at least for now) These players had a budding cohesion that, at times, was just a picture of pure team basketball. That's their meal ticket. They have to get that back and ease Tina into that chemistry without disturbing it.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:
My take...

First, and it is a difficult thing for me to say, but Tina should have to earn her starting position back from Raz. She should in no way be playing over 20 minutes a game. Coming back from an absence on a professional sports team is far different from other jobs.

Fascinating thoughts on the Comets Jammer, and everyone else... I very much agree with the above thoughts. Didn't think about it that way, but it sure makes sense. I also wonder about what you were saying, Jammer, about what Swoopes has now publicly said about Tina having so much playing time really screwing their game against Washington. Hmmmm.

Though even Tina thought she might have been played too long (or maybe too early?), Sheryl saying that has to affect their relationship and/or the team's chemistry/feelings. Wow. That's a pretty big deal to come out and say something like that, even though it might be true... could have big consequences.

Thank you, gumption. I'm just blowing off steam. For some reason I have way too much emotion invested in the team this year. But they did it too me by showing me what I took to be the potential for a championship.

As far as Swoopes's exact statements I'm going to go back and read them again later, I don't have time to now plus the facts might mess up a perfectly good confection of mine. Wink

But... it seemed to me that the writer of the piece stated that Swoopes felt the loss was directly attributable to Tina's return to the line-up. BUT that it was up to the other Comets players to make the adjustment WHICH she then offers is actually no adjustment at all.

Just carry on as you were, troops.

So says Her Majesty. lol!

Sheryl will NEVER publically utter a discouraging word about Tina. But she's real close to another MVP award and taking a solid contender into the playoffs. I guarantee you that she and everyone else is all over this chemistry thing. If Van is a stubborn man who can't really be talked to or has to learn the hard way with a five game skid, then there's going to be a LOT of chemistry issues sprinking up really quick.

That's my prediction.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 07/25/05 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/25/05 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:
My take...

First, and it is a difficult thing for me to say, but Tina should have to earn her starting position back from Raz. She should in no way be playing over 20 minutes a game. Coming back from an absence on a professional sports team is far different from other jobs.

Fascinating thoughts on the Comets Jammer, and everyone else... I very much agree with the above thoughts. Didn't think about it that way, but it sure makes sense. I also wonder about what you were saying, Jammer, about what Swoopes has now publicly said about Tina having so much playing time really screwing their game against Washington. Hmmmm.

Though even Tina thought she might have been played too long (or maybe too early?), Sheryl saying that has to affect their relationship and/or the team's chemistry/feelings. Wow. That's a pretty big deal to come out and say something like that, even though it might be true... could have big consequences.

Thank you, gumption. I'm just blowing off steam. For some reason I have way too much emotion invested in the team this year. But they did it too me by showing me what I took to be the potential for a championship.

As far as Swoopes's exact statements I'm going to go back and read them again later, I don't have time to now plus the facts might mess up a perfectly good confection of mine. Wink

It seemed to me that the writer of the piece stated that Swoopes felt the loss was directly attributable to Tina's return to the line-up. BUT that it was up to the other Comets players to make the adjustment WHICH she then offers is actually no adjustment at all.

Just carry on as you were, troops.

So says Her Majesty. lol!

Sounds kind of silly to me.

Sheryl will NEVER publically utter a discouraging word about Tina. But hey... she's real close to another MVP award and taking a solid contender into the playoffs. I guarantee you that she and everyone else is all over this chemistry thing. It's not really Tina's fault. I'm sure we all thought it best that she do try to come back at some point this season.

Karleen and Tom Cross seem intense and committed while Van looked lost and disinterested during the Sparks game. If Van is a stubborn old goat who can't be talked to or has to learn things the hard way, with a five game skid or worse, then there's going to be a LOT of chemistry issues, on and off the court, I predict.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: