RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty STHs: are you sure your tickets are for the Garden?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:56 pm    ::: Liberty STHs: are you sure your tickets are for the Garden? Reply Reply with quote

Remember, MSG is set to go through extensive renovations next year. Will that happen during the Knicks season?
I doubt it...the Knicks generate over 1 million in ticket revenue per game.
I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...after all the renewals are in, they'll announce how many games will be played at RCMH.
Actually, more and more I think the GOP convention was just a way to fund the construction work and get the SOPs ready to be under way in 2005 when the Lib will play the majority of its games at RCMH.
Just a thought...

PostPosted: 12/29/04 10:21 pm    ::: Re: Liberty STHs: are you sure your tickets are for the Gard Reply Reply with quote

Well not that I'm a paying customer, but I have heard that the major renovations that will impact any of the teams will begin summer 2006. During the Knicks season, they will just be sent on long road trips if they deem it absolutely necessary to continue renovations during their season and who knows what will happen with the Rangers. Libs STH's may face problems getting into the Garden and a lot of inconveniences this summer, but I have heard that the entire 2005 will be at the Garden, as of right now, depending on the pace of the current renovations.

While it may just be the plain ol' non revenue generating Libs playing during the summer, the Garden also has concert revenue to worry about during its busiest season, so I doubt the Garden will be completely shut down at any point. However, with the way the Libs tanked in attendance last year, they are not as adverse to RCMH as they were in the past.
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 12/30/04 10:55 am    ::: Re: Liberty STHs: are you sure your tickets are for the Gard Reply Reply with quote

My renewal doesn't mention RCMH at ALL!! All of the games will be played at the Garden on 05 (according to all the info I've received).

I doubt they'll drop the other show as an afterthought...then again, you never know!! However, I'm gearing for a full 18 games at RCMH.

BCBG25 wrote:
Remember, MSG is set to go through extensive renovations next year. Will that happen during the Knicks season?
I doubt it...the Knicks generate over 1 million in ticket revenue per game.
I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...after all the renewals are in, they'll announce how many games will be played at RCMH.
Actually, more and more I think the GOP convention was just a way to fund the construction work and get the SOPs ready to be under way in 2005 when the Lib will play the majority of its games at RCMH.
Just a thought...

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 12/30/04 12:16 pm    ::: Re: Liberty STHs: are you sure your tickets are for the Gard Reply Reply with quote

We weren't that bad in attendance, were we??? We were still second behind the Mystakes....I know our numbers were less, but still, we did OK.

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Well not that I'm a paying customer, but I have heard that the major renovations that will impact any of the teams will begin summer 2006. During the Knicks season, they will just be sent on long road trips if they deem it absolutely necessary to continue renovations during their season and who knows what will happen with the Rangers. Libs STH's may face problems getting into the Garden and a lot of inconveniences this summer, but I have heard that the entire 2005 will be at the Garden, as of right now, depending on the pace of the current renovations.

While it may just be the plain ol' non revenue generating Libs playing during the summer, the Garden also has concert revenue to worry about during its busiest season, so I doubt the Garden will be completely shut down at any point. However, with the way the Libs tanked in attendance last year, they are not as adverse to RCMH as they were in the past.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/30/04 12:34 pm    ::: Re: Liberty STHs: are you sure your tickets are for the Gard Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
We weren't that bad in attendance, were we??? We were still second behind the Mystakes....I know our numbers were less, but still, we did OK.

The Lib were, in fact, third in average attendance behind the Mystics and the Sparks.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: