RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Girlfight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wadethered

PostPosted: 07/24/05 3:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes...it looks like she's being pulled in to some horrifying purple and yellow hell...all those demons...

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/24/05 4:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:

Yikes...it looks like she's being pulled in to some horrifying purple and yellow hell...all those demons...

Sheryl the Vampire Slayer? Lisa Leslie as the Master? Twisted Evil
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/05 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:

I guess it's safe to say she isn't afraid of confronting her demons. lol!

Seriously, a picture in the paper like that where I come from would make her a legend.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 5:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
OK ICEY, you see the pictures. I see nothing but purple jerseys, there. You still think Sheryl was selling wolf tickets. I think, NOT. Held her back, my ass

Quote:
wadethered wrote:

Quote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
I guess it's safe to say she isn't afraid of confronting her demons. lol!

Seriously, a picture in the paper like that where I come from would make her a legend.

The haughty irritated look on Leslie's face, as she stands behind her minions, and they protect her from the Swoopes, irritates the hell out of me Evil or Very Mad

sambista

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1carol wrote:
The haughty irritated look on Leslie's face, as she stands behind her minions, and they protect her from the Swoopes, irritates the hell out of me Evil or Very Mad

yes, it does me, too.

(and somewhere in here, someone'll say something about us beating a dead horse.)

ultimately, caune's remark puts all of this in perspective. leslie has a rep. and as difficult as it may be to accept - icey, are you listening? - there is some truth in every stereotype, and all the people out there who think leslie is a dirty player aren't just hating on her out of the clear blue, for no good reason; it cannot be explained away as jealousy or some other such shit. in some way (and the devil's in the degrees of it), she has earned that rep. but caune's wisdom is that this is human nature. with such a rep, it's hard to see/believe/buy/accept the times when leslie is completely innocent.

she wasn't completely innocent yesterday. but neither was swoopes, no matter what her majesty says. she pushed/poked/pinched/prodded leslie with her right hand, on leslie's waist. that's what started it. swoopes was wrong. but leslie was wrong to react as she did, especially since she had to reach out, balancing on one foot, to do it.

but also, part of how leslie got her rep is in those facial expressions: the smirk, the doe eyes, the look of innocence and incredulity. her apology was an affront because, after she apologized, she walked away shaking her head and rolling her eyes like, "why did i have to do that? this is nonsense."

i'm admitting (to myself) that leslie didn't start that one, but she's still a prissy-azz dirty player who thinks she can do whatever she pleases (swoopes was right on about that). whether she's jekyll or hyde off the court . . . i really don't care.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bibb, you get a standing O for that post. WORD.

Purple and yellow hell, to be sure.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/24/05 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
1carol wrote:

yes, it does me, too.

(and somewhere in here, someone'll say something about us beating a dead horse.)

ultimately, caune's remark puts all of this in perspective. leslie has a rep. and as difficult as it may be to accept - icey, are you listening? - there is some truth in every stereotype, and all the people out there who think leslie is a dirty player aren't just hating on her out of the clear blue, for no good reason; it cannot be explained away as jealousy or some other such shit. in some way (and the devil's in the degrees of it), she has earned that rep. but caune's wisdom is that this is human nature. with such a rep, it's hard to see/believe/buy/accept the times when leslie is completely innocent.

she wasn't completely innocent yesterday. but neither was swoopes, no matter what her majesty says. she pushed/poked/pinched/prodded leslie with her right hand, on leslie's waist. that's what started it. swoopes was wrong. but leslie was wrong to react as she did, especially since she had to reach out, balancing on one foot, to do it.

but also, part of how leslie got her rep is in those facial expressions: the smirk, the doe eyes, the look of innocence and incredulity. her apology was an affront because, after she apologized, she walked away shaking her head and rolling her eyes like, "why did i have to do that? this is nonsense."

i'm admitting (to myself) that leslie didn't start that one, but she's still a prissy-azz dirty player who thinks she can do whatever she pleases (swoopes was right on about that). whether she's jekyll or hyde off the court . . . i really don't care.

See y'all are just like the jammer that's why he loves you so. You can read Lisa's expression. It's not that we're psychic it's just that a lot of people CAN'T read people's faces etc. Her Majesty may have pinched Lisa but Lisa's reaching and pushing Swoopes was an arrogant overreaction.

Swoopes? That girl has brass ovaries. Those pictures tell you everything you need to know about her.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is absolutely the stuff of legends.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course my avatar is a crocodile so you know where MY head is at. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 07/24/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I can say is .... Sherly looks to be the WO in this situation.

MVP HAHA!

Chamique is the true MVP.

caune

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Todays CNN headline news showed this "girlfight"as their WNBA highlight Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sparkfan33 wrote:

And don't call her Sherly.

sambista

PostPosted: 07/24/05 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
sparkfan33 wrote:

And don't call her Sherly.

lol!

PostPosted: 07/25/05 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Of course my avatar is a crocodile so you know where MY head is at. Twisted Evil

Dude, it's fast approaching a decade on the boards and I still have no idea where your head is at!

PostPosted: 07/25/05 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Please, lord, let this be the one time Sheryl can't get past 4 of our defenders!"

PostPosted: 07/25/05 2:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

"Please, lord, let this be the one time Sheryl can't get past 4 of our defenders!"

hahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: 07/25/05 5:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Dude, it's fast approaching a decade on the boards and I still have no idea where your head is at!

Perfectly understandable, really. The entity known to you all as 'the jammer' is really a fantasmagoric amalgam of multiple characters layered upon each other with many of those being often only accessable to certain individuals and/or cliques existing within the larger group.

Okay?

PostPosted: 07/25/05 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, The Jammer.
If I could quantify just how much that clears things up for me I would.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is nothing new for Lisa Leslie. When she was playing for USC, LL threw an elbow at the jaw of an Oregon State player, after the whistle. The refs were running ahead downcourt and didn't see it, so no foul was called. The OSU player--a big center from Central Europe--lost a tooth. Shocked

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah she has a history of this kind of crap.
I heard that when she was 6 she made a mess when her parents were out of the room, and then later denied that she had done it Sad
And back when she was 18 months old, she apparently spat some food out of her mouth, right back at the loving father who was trying to nourish her Mad
There are even allegations that before Lisa was even born, she kicked her own mother in the stomach. If that wasn't cheap enough, she did it while her mother was asleep, and therefore unable to see who had done it to her!! Shocked
Ask Lisa now and of course she will deny all knowledge of this shocking kicking incident ... Ms Innocent Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am glad sheryl stood her ground and reacted the way she did she bumped leslie but not as hard as to warrant a push in her back and any one in their right minds is not going to let no 1 push them in their back and not retaliate swoopes reacted like I would have in that situation if any punishments come out of this lisa will be suspended if sheryl gets anything she will be fined but I doubt anything will happen cause leslie never gets punished for her over reactions, and the league may not think that this situtation warrants punishments

and did yall see sheryl that woman went in there with 4 players , thats why I admire her she has so much heart

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Todays CNN headline news showed this "girlfight"as their WNBA highlight Rolling Eyes

it was also the 2nd story talked about (after Armstrong winning in France of course) on ESPN Radio's "Hot List" yesterday. I didn't see the play but the guy hosting the show said he watched the replays over a dozen times and he is convinced that the fault for the entire situation falls squarely on LL's shoulders. He also said that her attempt at a handshake was as lame as anything he's seen in sports in quite some time. He ended his "rant" by stating that Swoopes' post game comments and facial expression as she spoke tell him that this situation is nowhere close to being over and that all sports fans should pay close attention to the next game these 2 teams play.

The league thinks that "sex sells", and that is a very popular theory, but nothing like a good old fashioned scrap to make people REALLY stand up and take notice. Especially when it involves 2 players that almost every basketball fan knows of.

icey23

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:
I am glad sheryl stood her ground and reacted the way she did she bumped leslie but not as hard as to warrant a push in her back and any one in their right minds is not going to let no 1 push them in their back and not retaliate swoopes reacted like I would have in that situation if any punishments come out of this lisa will be suspended if sheryl gets anything she will be fined but I doubt anything will happen cause leslie never gets punished for her over reactions, and the league may not think that this situtation warrants punishments

Nobody in their right mind gone stand there let you pinch and bump into them. Rolling Eyes Miss Swoopes isn't innocent. Lisa gave her, a hey why did you do that push. Both players were wrong, but to all yall Lisa is more wrong Rolling Eyes .

I'm tired of folks complain about Lisa.

So you remember in 97,98 and 99 folks said Lisa was soft. Now she is playing really aggressive and you crying. YOU CREATED HER SO DEAL WITH IT.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she did not push her I was there I know u probally werent u saw it on tv, but i'll admit she did bump into her sheryl isnt the only player who has bumped into her, players bump into ecother all the time and not retalliate like leslie did like I said im proud of swoopes, but i've never seen her react like this im glad the players were in between them cause man it would not have been pretty at all

icey23

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:
she did not push her I was there I know u probally werent u saw it on tv, but i'll admit she did bump into her sheryl isnt the only player who has bumped into her, players bump into ecother all the time and not retalliate like leslie did like I said im proud of swoopes, but i've never seen her react like this im glad the players were in between them cause man it would not have been pretty at all

If you watch in slow motion you can tell she meant to do it and she even pinch Lisa. She had a whole lot of room on the other side Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: