RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sparks at Comets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, freak. freakin leslie. you are busted.

(edited by conscience.)

Last edited by sambista on 07/24/05 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
oh, fuck. fuckin leslie. you are busted. ho.

Shitmore should have gotten a T too.

peaceplease

Then she kisses up. WHATEVER! Evil or Very Mad

PEACE
sambista

oh, now the comets really have to win now. then shove it up in their faces.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

In all fairness, Swoopes did start that tiff by purposely bumping Leslie as she walked by. Not to jsutify Leslie at all, but Sheryl is far from innocent.

icey23

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sebibb wrote:

In all fairness, Swoopes did start that tiff by purposely bumping Leslie as she walked by. Not to jsutify Leslie at all, but Sheryl is far from innocent.

SURE DID

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i honestly didn't see the bump, but trust - i'll be reviewing it many times.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sheryl probably said something to Leslie and it wasn't a "shove", she barely touched Swoopes' back.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, come on, icey. please don't act like leslie is pure as the driven freakin snow.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what happened?

sambista

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Sheryl probably said something to Leslie and it wasn't a "shove", she barely touched Swoopes' back.

it wasn't a shove, but it wasn't a "barely" touch. it was a push. film at freakin 11, okay?

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Right. It's easy -- and popular -- to make Leslie the villain, but this one was definitely two-way. Whitmore was the one who was the most out of line, running over for a chance to get into a fight.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/23/05 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

it wasn't a shove, but it wasn't a "barely" touch. it was a push. film at freakin 11, okay?

No way, it was nothing but another classless showing, this time being, both players are to blame.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can anyone post a link to that part of the game?....

peaceplease

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A quiet day for Snow yet Lyttle and Phillips are still sitting on the bench. Damnit VAN!

PEACE
herrade

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Right. It's easy -- and popular -- to make Leslie the villain, but this one was definitely two-way. Whitmore was the one who was the most out of line, running over for a chance to get into a fight.

the bump didn't look that malicious. leslie was standing right in her way and didn't move. sheryl had to get through. it's not like she shoved her to the side; she just walked by. there's always tons of incidental contact like that in a game. leslie turning around to push her was out of line.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

to tell the god's honest truth, guys, i was not anticipating anything from leslie (or tina, for that matter, and certainly not sheryl). my attention was on whitmore because of all her flopping all over the place. like i said, film at freakin 11. i will be the first to admit that whatever really happened really happened.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just effen madness to see the team in such disaray after such a precision like effort against Sacramento. This is about my jumping off point. I'm not really sure they're going to get it together either. This team just has an entirely different approach without Raz starting. Tari makes a couple of mistakes and she's yanked. I don't know how he expects to establish some chemistry (again) when he's constantly shuffling players.

Is there anyone here who doesn't think Van looked like he was doddering? That's not a joke. He's looked like he wasn't there at all.

And Leslie reached over and pushed Swoopes in the back. I know you all SAW it but you're not really seeing it, if you know what I mean. You don't do those things to people. It doesn't matter whether you're hurting someone or not it's an insult. And Swoopes brushed past Leslie as opposing players do HUNDREDS of times a game. Of course Swoopes was hot at that point she just got fouled and her team is getting blown out. Did you expect her to say "Excuse me, Miss Lisa. Can I pass by your space?"

Pushing someone from behind is a bogus move. It's flagrant. Brushing by someone is common.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Just effen madness to see the team in such disaray after such a precision like effort against Sacramento. This is about my jumping off point. I'm not really sure they're going to get it together either. This team just has an entirely different approach without Raz starting. Tari makes a couple of mistakes and she's yanked. I don't know how he expects to establish some chemistry (again) when he's constantly shuffling players.

Is there anyone here who doesn't think Van looked like he was doddering? That's not a joke. He's looked like he wasn't there at all.

And Leslie reached over and pushed Swoopes in the back. I know you all SAW it but you're not really seeing it, if you know what I mean. You don't do those things to people. It doesn't matter whether you're hurting someone or not it's an insult. And Swoopes brushed past Leslie as opposing players do HUNDREDS of times a game. Of course Swoopes was hot at that point she just got fouled and her team is getting blown out. Did you expect her to say "Excuse me, Miss Lisa. Can I pass by your space?"

Pushing someone from behind is a bogus move. It's flagrant. Brushing by someone is common.

OH PLEASE. When Lisa bump into someone she a thug.

Yall need to sit down

SPARKS WON!!!!!!

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Did you expect her to say "Excuse me, Miss Lisa. Can I pass by your space?"

Exactly. We see brush pasts all the time in games... like Herrade said. The only thing I am wondering is if something was spoken at the time of the brush pass... not that that would give an excuse for a reaching out and pushing someone. Its all about class and control in the moment.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/23/05 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think Swoopes had class???
I am not saying it was a classy move by Leslie, but geez, you are all blowing it out of proportion, and that's, of course, cuz it is LISA LESLIE.
I am NOT going to stay here and defend her cuz I don't like her attitude at all and it was actually rather entertaining to see Swoopes snap like that.
She's always so aloof, this time she showed she can be hot-blooded too.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I am not saying it was a classy move by Leslie, but geez, you are all blowing it out of proportion, and that's, of course, cuz it is LISA LESLIE.
I am NOT going to stay here and defend her cuz I don't like her attitude at all and it was actually rather entertaining to see Swoopes snap like that.

I'm not sure if you are referring to what I said, but I am talking in general about about the situation... no one seemed to have much class except maybe Chamique and possibly Whitmore, who I thought (I am not sure, however) seemed to want to stop what what was happening. I think that every single person has the choice of class and control in any given moment.

There are so many moments during the games we see and don't see that are class-less and probably some classy moments, but I am here to chat, so I suppose I tend to blow everything I actually see out of proportion... bad habit of mine... Smile I wonder if Swoopes will be mad at herself for showing her emotions like that so publicly?

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/23/05 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

I'm not sure if you are referring to what I said, but I am talking in general about about the situation... no one seemed to have much class except maybe Chamique and possibly Whitmore, who I thought (I am not sure, however) seemed to want to stop what what was happening. I think that every single person has the choice of class and control in any given moment.

That is exactly what I saw, she was NOT trying to fight anybody.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

im sure if swoopes was ashamed of how she reacted she would have just let it go bottom line sheryl did not bump into lisa that hard and all that crap about that is a bunch of bull what leslie did was wrong and so many fans feel this way because she has did it too many times no one has ever reacted the way sheryl did today and im glad she reacted she stood her ground and she was letting her know dont put cha hands on me, but I hate when things like this happen fights in any sports isnt good, plus swoopes was being hacked all game by leslie and who ever else was gaurding her

GO COMETS, U GIRLS CAN DO IT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: