RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Comets not the draw they once were

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/21/05 5:34 am    ::: Comets not the draw they once were Reply Reply with quote

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3275561

Lou Sara McWilliams, a housewife who lives in Jersey Village, said she and her two daughters have been Comets fans since the inception of the WNBA in 1997 and were regulars at Compaq Center.

"We sat right up behind the visitors' bench, and we were there rain or shine, just about any time," she said. "We knew when they got ready to move, it was going to be a problem, put it that way."

But the entire experience now is "just a turnoff," McWiIliams said. "And I love the Comets. I just don't know what it is about Toyota, but I've read a lot of (Internet) message boards, and there are a lot of other people who feel the same way."

Most people hate poetry
SORF

PostPosted: 07/21/05 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Comet fans at the game were correct too...
Quote:
Comets media services manager Bob Schranz said Wednesday that officials in the ticket sales department informed him an error was made in the count, and the correct total was 6,375.

We knew there were more than 4800!!!!! Shocked Smile

SORF

PostPosted: 07/21/05 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand this "harder to get to" than CC. We live north of Houston, and it is the same for us as the CC. It is only about 5-10 minutes difference travel time between CC and TC.

People complain about the Toyota Parking Garage being to hard to get out of, but we get out faster from it than the garage at CC. Granted if you don't have seats in the clubhouse or suites, you will have to pay $5.00 to park. But it is worth it because it is safer. It takes us less than 5 minutes to get out of the parking garage. However, we hang around after the game for about 10 minutes to "chat" with our friends after the game so it is pretty cleared out. Confused

Zot

PostPosted: 07/21/05 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the move to TC has something to do with the lower attendance...but I don't know how much effect it has on it.

When the Comets moved to TC, we initially thought it was great because my husband and I both worked downtown. We thought it would be so much easier to get to the games. After just a couple of games at TC, our thoughts were that it took more time and headaches for us to get to TC. But, we did work on the other side of downtown and drove through all the dt construction. Our thought was that it took us longer to get into and out of TC (and we had club seats) than Compaq. However, at Compaq, we paid $10 to park in the garage located right next to compaq.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: