RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadb

PostPosted: 07/19/05 9:15 pm    ::: Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832? Reply Reply with quote

Shame on everyone who did not go to this game. There are no excuses, if you stayed home.....shame on you!

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/19/05 9:16 pm    ::: Re: Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832? Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
Shame on everyone who did not go to this game. There are no excuses, if you stayed home.....shame on you!

Looking at that number, im shocked. There had to be at least 6,000. But still. MARKETING is the key. Get people in the seats. Hopefully it will get better. Playoff appearances, maybe even titles could bring more folks to the games Very Happy !

Last edited by bullsky on 07/19/05 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
chadb

PostPosted: 07/19/05 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am a little fonfused too. There sure looked to be a lot more than 4800, but who knows.... was there a strange promotion where and 4800 is only counting paid tickets?

cometswin5

PostPosted: 07/19/05 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a bunch of bull poo. I was there. Way more than 4800.

OK, maybe not way more but that just has to be wrong.

First, they came for the drug dealers, and I said nothing.
Then, they came for the terrorists, and I said nothing.
Then, they came for the dog fighters, and I said nothing.
Then, they came for me, because I was a drug-dealing terrorist running a dog-fighting ring.
sactowndiva

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they do like the rest of the teams & try to make $ on those lower level seats. I know on kids day we had bunches of empty lower level seats. Upper level had at least 100 or more fans. It's all about the big dollar. We always say someone go up there & bring those fans down!

Nice win for the Comet's. We had our chances at the end, the plays & shots didnot fall. Free throws another issue for the Monarch's.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:32 pm    ::: Re: Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832? Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Playoff appearances, maybe even titles could bring more folks to the games Very Happy !

yeah, if only houston could win a conference title or a championship -- (OR FOUR?!!)

WTF?!

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:36 pm    ::: Re: Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832? Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
Streaks wrote:
Playoff appearances, maybe even titles could bring more folks to the games Very Happy !

yeah, if only houston could win a conference title or a championship -- (OR FOUR?!!)

WTF?!

I meant a recent one. Theres been an obvious decline in attendence since the Championship days. Another one could bring more people to the games.

MamaBristow

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:51 pm    ::: Re: Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832? Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
Streaks wrote:

WTF?!

I meant a recent one. Theres been an obvious decline in attendence since the Championship days. Another one could bring more people to the games.

Still, what's up with the fair-weather fandom? Houston has had more success than any other franchise. They had it so freaking good for so freaking long. Never even missing the playoffs until last season. And now they are on a roll again, and they don't even have TT. 2nd place in the West, and STILL no one shows?

My team always manages to lose before even reaching the Finals, but I still go. I went to all the home games during the 2002 season. THAT was a painful thing to watch. But I still went.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:57 pm    ::: Re: Shame on you Comets Fans!!! 4832? Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
Streaks wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
Streaks wrote:

WTF?!

Still, what's up with the fair-weather fandom? Houston has had more success than any other franchise. They had it so freaking good for so freaking long. Never even missing the playoffs until last season. And now they are on a roll again, and they don't even have TT. 2nd place in the West, and STILL no one shows?

My team always manages to lose before even reaching the Finals, but I still go. I went to all the home games during the 2002 season. THAT was a painful thing to watch. But I still went.

Yeah, I agree, that 2002 season was painful Confused But I agree with you 100% I think someone in marketing is getting lazy and that the Comets arent working hard to advertise there games. I wonder how much they advertise them during Rocket games and during other sporting events. I'm guessing there would be a slight increase. But I still dont have a logical answer why Houston fans dont show up. I mean, Tina and Sheryl would be more than enough for me to come.

atlasshrugs

PostPosted: 07/19/05 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I live in Houston, and I haven't seen any type of advertisement. They stopped showing the games on local TV. Come to think of it, the only ad I've seen is a cheesy Hilton Furniture one, which required Sheryl to channel her inner manic. The crowds might be smaller, but the people who come are very enthusiastic.

SORF

PostPosted: 07/19/05 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought there were more than 4800 too. I wonder if that is the paid tickets. They were running a buy 2 tickets for 1, so maybe they only counted the paid tickets. I just can't understand these numbers. I thought tonight's attendace was around 7000....Mr SORF guessed 6400. Embarassed Shocked

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/19/05 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

atlasshrugs wrote:
I live in Houston, and I haven't seen any type of advertisement. They stopped showing the games on local TV. Come to think of it, the only ad I've seen is a cheesy Hilton Furniture one, which required Sheryl to channel her inner manic. The crowds might be smaller, but the people who come are very enthusiastic.

Exactly. Thats where the problem is. Come on, at least the Sting are covered locally. Wake up Rockets/Comets Management!

icey23

PostPosted: 07/19/05 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSSW is local.

PostPosted: 07/20/05 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Felt like more than 5000, that's for sure...and sounded like it, too.

I talked with my ticket rep before the game and she said that the Thursday Camp Day Game is basically a sell out...that there are just single seats around the arena. Now, a lot of season ticket holders will be out because they can't get off work, but I talked to a couple in front of me and they gave their tickets to the couple in front of them...so maybe it will be packed in the lower bowl.

The LA game is Girl Scout Day and they have sold a lot of tickets for that, so the ticket reps have been working very hard, in my opinion.

atlasshrugs

PostPosted: 07/20/05 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
FSSW is local.

What I mean by local is a channel available via regular (non-cable) TV. The Comets used to be on Ch 51, but now they only carry Rockets games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: