RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Keegan: are you familiar with this person?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:30 pm    ::: Keegan: are you familiar with this person? Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Another athlete wasn't so lucky. Troy Broadbridge, an Australian Rules rugby player, was on his honeymoon in Phuket when he and his bride were swamped as they strolled along a beach. Trisha Broadbridge was safe, but he was still missing Tuesday.

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:40 pm    ::: Re: Keegan: are you familiar with this person? Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Quote:
Another athlete wasn't so lucky. Troy Broadbridge, an Australian Rules rugby player, was on his honeymoon in Phuket when he and his bride were swamped as they strolled along a beach. Trisha Broadbridge was safe, but he was still missing Tuesday.

Nope but I don't follow Aussie Rules all that closely.

A lot of Aussies go to that region for holidays.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wasn't sure if it was a "big deal" down there.

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
wasn't sure if it was a "big deal" down there.

Well they mentioned but thank goodness they're focusing on the bigger story rather than being overly parochial.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pretty mind boggling stuff. Don't know if you saw I have a cousin who's wife is from and family still lives in Thailand. I'm going to contact my cousin and see if his wife's family is able to channel money directly to people in need instead of gong through these organizations that clip admin costs.,

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speak of the devil...

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/12/28/1103996539599.html

Yes, it's a truly amazing story. That region is quite volatile geologically. An earthquake around Java could send tsunamis our way but the northern and western coasts of Australia are sparsely populated (Darwin is the biggest population centre).
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/28/04 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In addition of course to the massive destruction and loss of life, what made me realize the enormity was when I read today that the entire region may have shifted as much as 60 miles each, rendering all the globes in the world obsolete!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: