RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sac vs Hou

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icey23

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:20 am    ::: Sac vs Hou Reply Reply with quote

The return of TT?

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sources are indicating Tina will return some time this week. The Comets have three games, the first tonight against Sacto, Thursday Camp Day against Washington, and then the BIGGIE...Saturday against LA.

It would be good to see Tina on the court tonight, if only for 8--10 minutes, just to let her see where her legs are. Then, if that goes well enough, a little more playing time against the Mystics, and she will know if the LA game is doable.

Believe me, Comets fans are all on edge to get her back in the line up...looking forward to some "TNT Action"...Tiina 'n Tari!!!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who goes when she's activated?

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That will be something to watch the transactions board for today or the rest of the week...I am thinking either Lawson or Brown. Little E hasn't really been able to make her place in the line up, and Brown is bigger. Brown is on a seven-day contract, I think...so we will find out tonight if she is even still here.

stever

PostPosted: 07/19/05 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...Thompson's return will certainly be an emotional boost for Houston, but how long before she's anywhere near 100% "game condition?"
...see: Kara Braxton

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/19/05 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When was Kara Braxton ever in WNBA game condition? Ever in her life?

I just don't think you can compare the two women or how their bodies respond/ing to post pregnancy.

Some think Tina should already be out there because of Kara playing, and I submit that Kara is not 30 years old, with eight years of professional basketball experience under her belt.

Whenever Tina returns, if I am a fan of a Western Conference team, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in thoughts about whether Thompson is 100% or 20%. Any percent of the Warrior Princess can kick most players behinds in her sleep...now that's some trash talkin'!!!

Can you tell us Comets fans are ready for some Number Seven??? We are about to burst. But, first and foremost, we want Tina to be the best Tina she can be, for herself and Mr. Dylan.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/05 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think there's any chance of her being near 100%. Look at any player coming back from pregnancy. Taj McWilliams-Franklin took most of 2002 off and still wasn't right for any of the 2003 season. Sheryl Swoopes missed virtually all of 1997 and wasn't right for most of 1998. Indications are that it takes a good long while to get back into game shape. Some, like Niele Ivey, they never seem to recover.

PostPosted: 07/19/05 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I Some, like Niele Ivey, they never seem to recover.

That's not really 100% true. She was having a good season (I thought, correct me if I'm wrong) during her 3rd year up until she broke her finger when she and Tamika collided trying to block Deanna Nolan's shot. She seemed to have recovered from her pregnancy but then she got hurt. It didn't seem like much of an injury, but I think that was a turning point. That among other things...

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/19/05 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The difference between Swoopes and Tina is this. Swoopes got fat when she was pregnant. No other way to say it. Tina, on the other hand, looked like she could suit up in her 9th month. Tina is a big BIG bunch of muscle. Those muscles are all still there and it shouldn't really have taken Tina long to drop the few extra pounds she put on while pregnant. I would bet her wind is already there. Timing and stuff like that should be off for a while, but who knows.

I said she wouldn't be ready for this year but I now think I was way off considering some of the pictures I've seen. She should be 80% of Tina Thompson by the playoffs.

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW!

That's not necessarily poor shooting folks. That's DEFENSE.

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

go tarnado...guard "walk-er" as she picks up her suitcases in the lane...

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and ms tarnado taking it to sactown too...

oh you go, tari!!!!

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dayum...what is wrong with me...i'm cheering for h-town...oye oye..*knocks self on side of the head*

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
dayum...what is wrong with me...i'm cheering for h-town...oye oye..*knocks self on side of the head*

I was gonna say how nice it is to hear Lib fans cheer for Houston in any capacity. Wink

PEACE
jersey_stupka

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

come on tari...you still can't hit your Free "Frows"...

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uh, oh, here comes the dance again!!! Hide your eyes!

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be almost all of the league EXCEPT the one that's now her teammate (that would be #24). Tari always had her number!!! Smile

And don't get to carried away Comet fans. I'm not exactly cheering for Houston...more like cheering for Tari!!!

[quote="4ever_bball_fan"]Any percent of the Warrior Princess can kick most players behinds in her sleep...now that's some trash talkin'!!!

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/19/05 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tari and Sancho are playing great. Michelle and Kristin are looking 2nd string. But I'm sure they'll do something in the 2nd.

peaceplease

PostPosted: 07/19/05 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WTF Canty???

PEACE
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/20/05 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the shout out KeiraNY...didn't think I would ever see my words in lights.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: