RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Movie Alert! RUN, don't walk to go see....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/18/05 9:51 am    ::: Movie Alert! RUN, don't walk to go see.... Reply Reply with quote

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!

What a great movie. If there is a better character actor out there right now than Johnny Depp I'm not sure who it is.

Darker and more "twisted" than the Gene Wilder version, Tim Burton did an awesome job with the story.

The Oompa Loompas kick butt!

IT WAS GREAT! THE TIME FLEW BY!

Dani and I thought it was amazing; the wife (the softy) liked the "original" better. But then again she gets teary when the mother sings that sappy cheer up Charlie song!

Last edited by dtsnms on 07/18/05 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Keegan

PostPosted: 07/18/05 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The original Oompa-Loompas were just ridiculous. They looked and sounded like rejects from the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras floats.
pilight

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have resolved not to see any movie that's a sequel or a remake until it hits HBO. The only exceptions are series I was invested in before I made the pledge: Star Wars, James Bond, Friday the 13th, Star Trek.

Needless to say, I don't go to the movies much.

PostPosted: 07/18/05 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is NOT a remake. It is an adaptation of the book, with Tim Burton's twists and interpretations.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It is totally different. That was a syrupy musical; this is a fantasy story being told.

herrade

PostPosted: 07/18/05 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I have resolved not to see any movie that's a sequel or a remake until it hits HBO. The only exceptions are series I was invested in before I made the pledge: Star Wars, James Bond, Friday the 13th, Star Trek.

good resolution. there are wayyyyy too many remakes out there. and biopics. there must not be an original thought left in hollywood.

PostPosted: 07/18/05 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
there must not be an original thought left in hollywood.

amen and bookmarked for one day soon.

PostPosted: 07/18/05 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, one other series I'm invested in, The Love Bug. I saw Herbie: Fully Loaded because I have a soft spot for the little guy and there was the slim chance that it might be a film with serious depths to consider, like Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo.

PostPosted: 07/18/05 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I like grapes"...I loved that grandma.

It is an alright movie, the guy that played the ooompa loompas worked his butt off for this part, I mean he did eveything.

Depp is good is playing cracked out characters, he did a good job in this one.

Yeah my nerves are raw and your wearin' thin. You won't play me again. I'm not a freak show, eat crow kinda thing. I can suck you up, or spit you out, so take your best swing. I'm gonna jump right off of this sinking ship, are you feeling me yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: